Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What coach goes in the opponent's locker after the game?????
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 2,587

What coach goes in the opponent's locker after the game?????

Oct 14, 2017, 8:10 AM

The same coach that puts a slide and wiffle ball field and putt putt in the team facility.
The same coach that has a ceremony after practice to baptize players.
The same coach that jumps up and down and cheers after a TD.
The same coach that chest bumps a kicker who makes a PAT after missing 2 straight in a big game.
The same coach that dances in the locker room with his players after a big win.
The same coach that announces to the world after each game how proud he is of his team.

While us fans are wondering how this affects this season, Dabo is doing things that are going to help us beyond this season. He is sending a message to future recruits and their parents that he is genuinely happy for any group of young kids that does something amazing. What makes it so genuine is, even though it will help us, he doesn't do it with that in mind. He does it because he has been in their shoes and has seen how college sports can be a path to a better life than that he grew up in.

Dabo has proven time and time again that his vision is long term and little bumps in the road are going to happen and can be part of the process of getting to where he wants this program to ultimately be.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said!***

Oct 14, 2017, 8:13 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love Dabo and the way he leads our program but

Oct 14, 2017, 8:21 AM

I am not really a fan of going to the other team’s locker room. Smells a little like grandstanding to me. I am sure I am in the minority, but this is a bad idea. Congratulate them on the field, congratulate them in the media, but stay with your team and COACH after a disappointing loss!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What coach goes in the opponent's locker after the game?????

Oct 14, 2017, 8:20 AM

Coach K has done it I've heard. And I think he is an egotistical bozo. Certainly dont feel that way about Dabo

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One similarity with Dabo and Coach K that is hard to see

Oct 14, 2017, 8:30 AM

since Dabo is our coach, is that the same things that we love about our coach seem to irritate opposing fans, yet many still have a lot of respect for them, especially in regards to how they are helping raise outstanding young men.

Part of the hatred outside your own fan base is due to all the winning, too.

I actually grew up a die hard Duke basketball fan, so I used to love Coach K, but that changed the first game my freshmen year against Clemson. Now I respect Coach K, but can't stand him during any Clemson/Duke bball game.

Re: What coach goes in the opponent's locker after the game?????

Oct 14, 2017, 9:55 AM

Charlie Weis, Scott Drew, Butch Jones, Coach K, Lefty Driesell....on and on. Pretty common, actually.

Replies: 5
| visibility 2,587
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic