Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Once a Tiger, not always a Tiger
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Once a Tiger, not always a Tiger

May 17, 2018, 8:04 AM

I always wish the best for guys that transfers out for one reason or another. But if this guy does go to our hated rival, then that’s kinda like a slap in the face.

I can see if he was three states away and needed to move back home to be close to family but I’m like many folks on here, something just doesn’t seem to add up here.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed

May 17, 2018, 8:06 AM

Youre talking shaving an hour or so off of any transit time.....in the scheme of things, thats nothing.

You mean close to 3 hours on each trip.

May 17, 2018, 8:10 AM

It makes complete sense. He could sleep at home at night at times and it wouldn't be that complicated.

Re: Agreed

May 17, 2018, 8:25 AM [ in reply to Agreed ]

Look, what may not be a big deal to you may be to him. An hour each way, kid may not have the funds( most of these kids do not come from well off families at all), he may be able to visit during the week closer to home. Not your call and certainly not mine. Being butt hurt over a kid and what he chooses to do in the best interests of his family is not a good look for CU or in the lens of future recruiting. I am confident that CU will be just fine moving forward, staff will indentify a kid for the coming cycle. If it is fear the uSC will get better then that says much to how our staff and kids are viewed. Heck, uSC may get Pickens(5*DE) from Hana this cycle and he MAY team with Belk to form a good d-line, it does not worry me a bit. CU staff will be more than up to the task of recruiting better and coaching during the annual meeting.

Moreover, it's more than an hour each way.

May 17, 2018, 8:30 AM

55 minutes each way from USCjr and a 2 hours and 20 minutes or so each way from Clemson.

Re: Moreover, it's more than an hour each way.

May 17, 2018, 8:50 AM

I definitely understand where you are coming from but lets be honest. if he REALLY wanted to be a tiger this would be a non-issue. No one who truly loves Clemson goes to the gamecocks to play football over a couple hours of commute time because how often would he be able to make that trip? I would think maybe once every 2-3 weeks max because of all of the time commitments of class, studying, and football. If that's what he really wanted, I give him credit for having the balls to make that decision. I'll reserve my judgement until he actually signs to play for them. I'll believe the original story if he only registers for classes at Winthrop or usc without playing football.

Yea I always want an extra hour in my commute. Love sitting

May 17, 2018, 8:59 AM [ in reply to Agreed ]

in the car watching crazy drivers and wasting more money on gas.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Worth changing the biggest decision of your life to date on

May 17, 2018, 11:40 AM

Gimme a break.

He is no longer a Tiger, but it isn't a slap in the face.

May 17, 2018, 8:08 AM

If there really are health issues, where he wants to get home much easier, than it makes perfect common sense.

Re: He is no longer a Tiger, but it isn't a slap in the face.

May 17, 2018, 8:29 AM

Well, the reason I feel it’s a slap in the face is there was no real heartfelt decision. He thanked the coaches and had nothing bad to say about the University or his time there. Sounds cold to me. He is also considered to be a coot now. Sounds like a bad deal to me. I think someone that loved “the University” could have done a little better than that.

Well he was barely there. Moreover...

May 17, 2018, 8:32 AM

he may have bigger issues that make the Clemson issue seem unimportant in the scheme of things.

Stay classy

May 17, 2018, 8:36 AM

The guy is wanting to be closer to his mom that is sick. How can some of you not understand that? There is a difference between a 2 1/2 hour drive from Clemson and a 50 minute drive from Columbia. That is just one way. As much as I hate the Gamecocks, I would do the same thing if was my mom that was sick. Some of you have priorities that need looking at.

Re: Stay classy

May 17, 2018, 8:45 AM

I agree, we should stay classy about this whole situation. None of us have he full story and probably never will. From reading the statements made, there seems to be more. Who knows.

Go Tigers!

some unfortunately have not***

May 17, 2018, 8:49 AM

for example whoever disliked my comment***

May 17, 2018, 11:49 AM

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic