Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
On this Sunday take a moment to be thankful for our Tigers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,817

On this Sunday take a moment to be thankful for our Tigers

Oct 1, 2017, 12:48 PM

Yes it is "only football" but Clemson football and Clemson in general is a large part of many of our lives. It has what brought us joy in childhood or something we showed to our own kids, where we met our spouse, made lifelong friends etc etc. Clemson is more to us than just a football team (us being the ravenous fans who care enough to spend large amounts of our time on a fan forum\)

But just think about how fortunate we are right now in 2017 with our football program. My earliest Clemson memories come from 1999 and for me, Clemson was always pretty good but we always had our fair share of disappointments every season. We had to listen to bragging from other fanbases all the time, we were not a nationally elite program. Had to listen to stories of the 80s glory days, and wonder what that was like.

Now Clemson is that team that other fanbases look up to and envy. We have supreme confidence in our team. These are things I would play out in fantasies on my NCAA football video game dynasties, bringing Clemson to the top and now it is a reality.

This program is such a source of joy and pride right now to all of us. Defending national champs, while taking care of business every week in impressive fashion and our coaches and players doing it all the right way. We have no worries of scandal or anything like that. It has no signs of slowing down anytime soon.

And we know... it won't last forever, these glory days will be over some day, maybe in the 2030s Clemson fans will talk about the mid 2010s glory days, the glory days that we are living RIGHT NOW. It may be easy to forget this and complain about small things but at the end of the day we are truly living the life right now as Clemson fans. And we have Dabo, the players, the administration, support staff, IPTAY and more to thank for making all of this a reality.

Take a moment to revel in what we have right now. It wasn't always the case and it won't always be the case. But in 2017 our Tigers are the pride of the entire nation.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: On this Sunday take a moment to be thankful for our Tigers

Oct 1, 2017, 12:54 PM

True and I appreciate Dabo's vision of wanting other schools to want to be like Clemson. I think he is doing that every season now

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

its very true***

Oct 1, 2017, 2:17 PM

Oct 1, 2017, 12:59 PM

Well said. I agree 100%. Good perspective.

Oct 1, 2017, 2:22 PM

solid.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There Is No "Only" When It Comes to Anything

Oct 1, 2017, 2:25 PM

related to Clemson University.

That ain't the half of it.

Oct 1, 2017, 2:29 PM

Some of us lived through the bounty of the Danny Ford years and the nearly three decades of walking in the vast, dry, desert that followed. Now we walk the land of milk and honey, and honey, I'm enjoying it like no place I've been before.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,817
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic