Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Geez, ESPN, let it go on Clowney, fer chrissakes!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Geez, ESPN, let it go on Clowney, fer chrissakes!

Feb 14, 2013, 2:39 PM

The guy is good, but it's not "tragic" if he doesn't play pro ball. Why do they single him out as someone who "should be able to go pro right now"? There's at least 25 to 30 players who could leave now and play pro. Clowney's not superman. The guy from Michigan blocked his ### pretty good all day in the bowl game. The only big play Clowney made no one even tried to block him, he just ran right thru there. Give it a rest, you ESPN, SEC butt sucking idiots.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You have to imagine the guy who missed the block on

Feb 14, 2013, 2:39 PM

Clowney on that one play feels like epic ####.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: You have to imagine the guy who missed the block on

Feb 14, 2013, 2:45 PM

yes... that guy went the wrong way!!people blamed it on the O/T but I think the O/G was the guy who missed his asignemnt

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whoever it is, he knows it's his fault Clowney became an

Feb 14, 2013, 2:48 PM

instant superstar. That's a lot of strain and guilt to hold, hopefully he can translate it into raw hatred and fuel for his career.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

And take it out on OSU...if he 's still around.***

Feb 14, 2013, 2:50 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

On one of those craptastic ESPN 2 shows...

Feb 14, 2013, 2:51 PM

One of the old talking stiffs, with a 20 y/o's hairstyle, said Clowney is the best player ever to play football.

Wow...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he was just too quick for the pulling right guard on the ISO

Feb 14, 2013, 4:53 PM [ in reply to Re: You have to imagine the guy who missed the block on ]

He lined up inside and took an inside move, so the TE never had a chance to chip him (he never touched anybody on the play) The FB let him go by his face, which was his job, but could have stopped it. In the end, it is a good play that alot of DE could have made with a quick first step to get by the pulling guard. The person at fault was the #### RB for not trapping up his helmet. How many times does a helmet come flying off like that when properly strapped? How many times did Tajh's helmet come off after they fitted him properly after the Auburn game?

The point is that he is one player...

Feb 14, 2013, 2:58 PM

Who is not yet a junior, who could not possibly increase his draft stock any more. That's what makes him unique, among current players, anyway.

What I don't understand is ...

Feb 14, 2013, 3:29 PM

...his situation is far from unique nor unprecedented. Andrew Luck was the unanimous #1 pick and no one was horrified he elected to come back.

Or is this the first time for a rising Junior?!?

I guess Johnny Football should hang his cleats up for a year as well?!?

The fact that he is a rising junior is the whole point.

Feb 14, 2013, 3:31 PM

Johnny Football will be lucky to be drafted in the first few rounds, much less the first few picks.

The same was said

Feb 14, 2013, 3:50 PM

before he started in the SEC.

Clowney? Or Manziel?

Feb 14, 2013, 3:54 PM

I don't understand your post.

Re: The fact that he is a rising junior is the whole point.

Feb 14, 2013, 4:49 PM [ in reply to The fact that he is a rising junior is the whole point. ]

calling him a JR is a huge joke!!this might be his 3rd year but he is a 5th semester freshman!! even the dirty c$$ts know that is what he is LMAO

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's too bad he couldn't have just gone straight from HS to

Feb 14, 2013, 4:08 PM [ in reply to The point is that he is one player... ]

the NFL. Gawd knows he's no college student.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: It's too bad he couldn't have just gone straight from HS to

Feb 14, 2013, 4:20 PM

If all football players had to meet the same requirements as the general student population, few schools would bother to field a team.

Re: Geez, ESPN, let it go on Clowney, fer chrissakes!

Feb 14, 2013, 4:18 PM

This is nothing more than a smoke and mirrors spin move by ESPiN, in attempt to make Clowney a brand name before college football starts, in the push to be the first defensive player to win the Heisman.

It's nothing more than a hype machine tactic that ESPiN is glad to perpetuate on behalf of the SEC.

CUvsFSU2011win

-- Too many daughters and not enough bullets. --

Point for "SEC butt sucking idiots". However, if Clowney

Feb 14, 2013, 4:45 PM

was really going to be the #1 pick (does anyone other than ESPN project this, by the way?) - what gives the NFL the right to tell him he can't start working?

Basically, as the #1 pick, he's sitting on $25 million in a guaranteed signing bonus...and he's being told by a bunch of rich guys (NFL owners) that he can't start playing "for his own good".

It's far from tragic, but it's not right.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic