Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone hear the Sooner buffoon on Packmans XM show?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Anyone hear the Sooner buffoon on Packmans XM show?

Dec 16, 2015, 7:52 PM

Called in to ask about how they will match up with Alabama. Mark Packer reminded him they have to beat #1 Clemson first. The dude totally dissed CU said they have a great QB but no good WR's or RBs. Pack said you do know that Clemson totally whipped your ##### last year right? Sooner dumbazz said "That was a different team." Pack said neither is Clemson and they're better than the last team that crushed them and hung up on the delusional moron. Eddie George chuckled at that undereducated sooner.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Packer opened the next section ...

Dec 16, 2015, 7:58 PM

...with the radio call of the end of the game last year, then chewed the guy and any buffoons who think like him a new one for about 5 minutes.

In fairness, Pack didn't say he expected Clemson to win ... just that it had the earmarks of a great game ... but he said anyone who said Clemson was "just DW" had no business calling themselves an informed football fan.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He is hands down the best in the business. He also

Dec 16, 2015, 8:01 PM

Imo, goes too far to not be a Clemson homer, but otherwise has the best perspective of the talking heads.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Listen to Pack and Rick Neuheisel most of the day. *******

Dec 16, 2015, 8:06 PM

Re: Anyone hear the Sooner buffoon on Packmans XM show?

Dec 16, 2015, 8:32 PM

This sounds very similar to the majority of fans her who think the that the Sooners will be an easy out. Delusional posters actually thinking that SC or NC is better than Oklahoma. My point is that all fan bases have delusional / homer fans. If you want to quote a random fan in effort to build up some hostility towards Oklahoma, that is your prerogative.

Dec 16, 2015, 8:44 PM

I have heard enough of these Oklahoma people to know that to compair them to UNC and usuck is accurate. They can score like UNC and have a pompous fan base like usuck. It will be a game! No doubt. But as a Clemson fan I do believe we can win.
GO TIGERS!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2015, 8:56 PM

> I have heard enough of these Oklahoma people to know
> that to compair them to UNC and usuck is accurate.
> They can score like UNC and have a pompous fan base
> like usuck. It will be a game! No doubt. But as a
> Clemson fan I do believe we can win.
> GO TIGERS!!!!!

Clemson can absolutely win because you guys are a great team and that's why you are undefeated and in the playoffs. However, I believe this will be a good game and OU will give Clemson more of a challenge than a lot of people here think.

Dec 16, 2015, 9:01 PM

Yea pretty much what I said. It will be a game. Meaning they will be a challenge.
GO TIGERS!!!!!!

Dec 16, 2015, 9:07 PM

Truth of the matter is Oklahoma is playing Clemson because the propaganda machine that is ESPN didn't want a Clemson vs Oklahoma national championship game. They knew OU and Clemson pose the biggest threat to bama and they couldn't bare bama out in the first round again. But MSU is no walk in the park. Would love to see them knock bama out.
GO TIGERS!!!!!

Honestly

Dec 16, 2015, 9:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone hear the Sooner buffoon on Packmans XM show? ]

I'm one those you must be talking about. Because I don't see what your defense can do with all of Clemson's weapons to stop them. I really don't. And all I hear about OU is they have a qb and one wr? Oh and a couple of rbs..Wow. Yeah I'm sarcastically assy right now because you OU fanz think you can overlook our improvements while braggin "Ou ain't the same team from last year..blahblah BS!!" :) Oh and our defense many OU faz are ragging on due to their lack of fire the past 4 weeks of the season? Yeah they healing up and more than a bit tired of the national doubters. BV gonna have them foaming at the mouth and I'd be surprised if Clemson D gives up 20 to OU.
GO TIGERS!!

Dec 16, 2015, 10:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone hear the Sooner buffoon on Packmans XM show? ]

It's not a LOT of people who think Clemson will stomp OU. It is a LOT of people who believe Clemson can win. Big difference from what you're suggesting, OldManGame.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No.... Don't need any quotes. Clemson DOMINATES the lines.

Dec 16, 2015, 8:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone hear the Sooner buffoon on Packmans XM show? ]

Is that clear enough for you? Clemson by two scores against OK and Bama... No vacillating here.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OldManGame, I don't think most fans actually expect to beat the Sooners 40-6 again.

Dec 16, 2015, 9:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone hear the Sooner buffoon on Packmans XM show? ]

We just expect to win. Yes everyone here knows that it is entirely possible for Clemson to be upset. We also know that it is highly unlikely. All season we have had doubters. Some among us have even doubted. Part of the reason that you see so many fans acting as if Clemson has no chance of losing is because we have been through the fire and the tested quality of our endurance has been strengthened.

So manyOkies have shown up to remind us why we should be scared, to tell us what we should know, and to show us that they aren't the same team as last year. Truth is that Oklahoma is still a part of the longest winning streak in the country, only they were on the losing end of that streak. We know that Oklahoma is a different team but if Okies' fan base thinks that Clemson is the same team... Well they are in for an unpleasant surprise. Clemson is a much better overall team from last year. Oklahoma has a better QB than last year but Clemson has the best QB in the country. Oklahoma's defense has improved this season but Clemson's defense has reloaded and is ready to show their dominance. Clemson's running game- improved, depth at reciever- improved, offensive play calling- improved. There is a reason Clemson is #1 and Oklahoma is #4. Many Sooners showing up to troll here have lost sight of that. We haven't.

We know Olahoma has improved since last year, but we still know that Clemson is the better team. As long as people keep showing up to tell us we should be scared, the more we will make bold predictions. We all know the reality of the situation. It seems most Okie fans are unwilling to admit that truth. Clemson is the better team!
Go Tigers!

Packer is the reason I stopped listening to WCCP

Dec 16, 2015, 8:47 PM

on Tunein. He is so much better than the clowns on there, especially Walt. I listened to him once, and that was all I needed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2015, 8:51 PM

I think OU is a very solid team that can beat us if they are + on the turnover side and we don't keep containment on D. That said, I think both ND and FSU were much better on Defense and had as much talent on Offense. It's not a knock on OU, but if you put those teams against a Big 12 schedule they are scoring 60 per game as well imo.

Dec 16, 2015, 9:04 PM

A team with a top 10 defense and an offense that can score whenever they don't shoot themselves in the foot will run the Big12. Clemson could have scored more on UNC if they didnt have two series in a row with false starts.. And it wasn't the OLINE it was our guys spread wide. Gallman had 1, Deon Cain had 2, Peake had 1. We fix those things we are fine. Good thing to practice against since OU runs a Spread offense our defense goes against it everyday at practice. They will be prepared. Communication will be the key especially as aggressive Venables is with blitzing the A and B gap. We have to have our coverages behind them correct. Mayfield can run if the situation presents itself.

Heard that today

Dec 16, 2015, 10:03 PM

Loved the way Packman handled it. Could not believe the way that guy just totally disregarded Clemson. Said we had no receivers or running backs. Hopefully he has a terrible New Years Eve.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic