Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Okay Spectrum/Charter......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Okay Spectrum/Charter......

Sep 13, 2017, 7:19 PM

You've got three more days to get your stuff in a sock or I'm going all Chesty Puller on you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Okay Spectrum/Charter......

Sep 13, 2017, 7:26 PM

Can I ask why? Are you without service?

Wondering because I've noticed some questionable lags in recent months, especially considering my 60mb service that used to be flawless.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

oh yeah....

Sep 13, 2017, 7:29 PM

My settop box says 'standby' and 'hunt' in the display window.

Not a positive indicator.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: oh yeah....

Sep 13, 2017, 7:32 PM

If you haven't heard this already from a charter rep with an IQ of twelve:

Looks like we're gonna need to schedule a visit. That, will cost you money, for who knows why.

And, they'll need to know if you'll be home sometime between 09/15 and 12/31.

Hope this helps.

I fear it's worse than that...

Sep 13, 2017, 7:38 PM

Called it in and got the automated voice saying if you are in Georgia, Alabama, and South Carolina we have multiple service issues due to Irma. Our Engineers are working to resolve the problem.

Baited breath.

Re: I fear it's worse than that...

Sep 13, 2017, 7:49 PM

You can download the app if you have a smart tv and it should work fine. I hope that helps.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: oh yeah....

Sep 13, 2017, 8:19 PM [ in reply to oh yeah.... ]

hunting means that there probably a power issue up the line. Should be fixed by midnight friday!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2017, 7:48 PM

Best to plan for viewing via ESPN app, unless of that's also killing your internet.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it is.

Sep 13, 2017, 8:47 PM

Downside of bundling I suppose.

Run the app on your cell phone, if you have a decent signal.***

Sep 15, 2017, 2:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Okay Spectrum/Charter...... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2017, 7:57 PM

Mine just came back on today some time as power.

Sep 13, 2017, 8:48 PM

Glad you came out to the good on that.

Message was edited by: NorthwestPurple®

Sep 14, 2017, 12:44 AM

I work for Charter in Field Operations. If you are in the upstate and still without service theres a high likelihood its because of actual physical damage or power being out supplying our ampljfiers. We run generators to keep the main power supplies up but in large damage events we may not have enough to run all that are down. There's also a chance the problem thats localized that can be repaired by a tech onsite that day.

Hunt on the front of the box means that it is not getting signal.

Keep hitting 0 to get thru to an actual svc rep instead of the automated msg. If you have power our svc should be available again too. Sometimes we don't identify a problem until we actually have a tech at your house. We only charge most of the time for problems caused by the customer.

Thank you!

Sep 14, 2017, 5:09 AM

Do you folks used shared resources across service areas like the power companies?

0513 Update: saw my first Spectrum service truck on the way to work this morning. Tech was booming up a power pole. Good sign.

Message was edited by: NorthwestPurple®

Re: Thank you!

Sep 14, 2017, 11:59 AM

We share resources internally. We will move technicians from one area to another when we have storm damage.

We do have contractors that run our new mainline cable/fiber that you see on poles. They also do the replacement in situations like this. Not sure how many out of state or area are moved in here this week. We're still finding downed lines today.

Sep 14, 2017, 5:14 AM

My charter internet jumped back up to $69 for the umpteenth time, cancelled that bad boy yesterday.

Sep 14, 2017, 6:36 AM

If you call them and threaten to cancel they'll lower the price

Sep 14, 2017, 12:14 PM

We've done that several times, and they lower it for a little while and jack it back up. They offered to go back to the $59.99 that it was and I said naw, and they said ok, we'll cancel it for you. It was in my wife's name, so I'll just put it in my name and get the $29.99 for a year deal.

Sep 14, 2017, 7:30 AM

I can only add my recent personal experience with CHarter/Spectrum.

I had Charter internet for several years, and was satisfied with the 60mbs service, so a few months ago I decided to accept their offer to bundle TV and Phone with that for a good rate. NO contract thank goodness. Channel 27 (also 748) would only work when the tech showed up. It would scramble / pixel the station daily most of the time for audio and video, so my wife could not watch her favorite programs. Charter found nothing wrong, so it never got fixed. They agreed to buy out my Directv contract, and when I inquired as to when they would do that, they said that I had not sent them the completed forms (but I had done exactly how they indicated). I DROPPED CHARTER SPECTRUM LIKE A HOT POTATO. I had to deal with all of that waiting stuff too (when the channel would take forever - like 30 minutes - to come in). Their TV service sucked. PERIOD. I kept the internet because I like that just fine. But, I went back to Directv and won't return to Charter again in my lifetime. Same with Dish as they suck it too (for other reasons). I'm content with Directv, and I suggest you seriously consider going to something worth having. Even if it costs more - it's worth not having to deal with all the problems. Life is too short for me to put up with all that nonsense.

Sep 14, 2017, 12:27 PM

First chuckle of the day. +1

Woo Hoo!!! Back in business.

Sep 14, 2017, 7:01 PM

Thanks Charter.

And yes, this is the proper context in using a 'woo hoo'.

Go Tigers!!

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic