Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ok we've played no one but LSU has a surprising A&M
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Ok we've played no one but LSU has a surprising A&M

Nov 19, 2019, 7:56 PM

team ahead that could stop them. A&M is Bamas quality win. WHICH IS IT ESPN??? You cant have it both ways

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ok we've played no one but LSU has a surprising A&M

Nov 19, 2019, 7:59 PM

When has ESPN ever said that we played nobody at all? They kept saying that A&M was our toughest test prior to playing them. They also showed A&M as our quality win on the selection show 2 weeks ago.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2019, 8:00 PM

Numerous times. They've backed away recently but they said it many times earlier

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2019, 8:02 PM

LSU will have no problem with A&M. Won't even be close.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2019, 8:05 PM

Funny how they moved back into the AP top 25 before they play LSU.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2019, 8:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Ok we've played no one but LSU has a surprising A&M ]

Oh I dont disagree. Its their dual narrative I have a problem with

Such Is The Case W/SEC Teams

Nov 19, 2019, 8:20 PM

They are all thought of so highly that if they sneeze into their elbow "correctly" they get high praise. Let alone win a few ball games against tech-poly-directional & Vanderbilt and SC.

They get and stay ranked. Texas A & M so far has only lost to previously unbeaten and top 3 Alabama. Unbeaten Clemson. And Auburn who is currently #12.

I of course can't prove it and there are a couple posters I could name that will have some smart A comment about it; but ---- > to your point 74Tiger -------> "it's awful strange they got unranked so easily looking at who they lost to! In short, I think they got unranked because them not being ranked could hurt the possibility of Clemson having a quality ranked OOC win.

To prove my point look at another SEC team with 3 losses - Auburn! Auburn has lost to LSU, Florida and Georgia yet remain #12.

Compelling right?

To anyone who has not bought into the SEC is superior narrative it is! Maybe it was to hurt Alabama as well. Or more likely it was collateral damage in order to ensure if someone is to get screwed b/c of strength of schedule; it would be Clemson. Bama just got caught up in it; but Saban would pull them through.

Compare the teams each team lost to and tell me it's right with a straight face! Bama,Clemson,Auburn vs. UGA, LSU, Fla.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2019, 8:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Ok we've played no one but LSU has a surprising A&M ]

Mond might have a career night against that putrid LSU defense. Mond has been sparatic this year, but we Clemson fans know that Mond can whip out a horseshoe from under the center's #### at any moment.

LSU gets way to much love and praise. They are in deep trouble once they face a complete team. Not saying that Momd and the Aggies will win, but they can score a ton of points to stay in it against the Bayou Tiger defense.

Nov 19, 2019, 8:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Ok we've played no one but LSU has a surprising A&M ]

I hope so . If LSU were to choke on it here the comittee would be under great duress . How do you rank them then , if everyone else in the top 5 holds serve .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 19, 2019, 8:32 PM

Who are you asking? Not sure if your post was directed at me or not, but I will take a shot at your question. If A$M were to upset LSU, then the SEC will only get one team in, that's for certain. It would be the SEC champion and none for the SEC. I would think the rankings would be something like,

1) Ohio St
2) Clemson
3) Georgia
4) LSU - it would be the best they could do in order to keep the SEC hype built up.
5) Oregon
6) Utah

The loser of the SEC championship game will be out. The winner will likely jump Ckemson, just because...we all know this already. The winner of the Pac 12 will be sitting in the catbird seat.

What will put the com9in duress is if somehow LSU were to lose to A$M and then Ohio St were upset my Penn St. The committee would have to move Clemson to the top spot. If they were to move Georgia to #1 over Clemson, this place would go full mental mode.

Nov 19, 2019, 8:44 PM

This place would go full mental mode: "And the immediate need for change would be loud and clear to everyone not a fan of the SEC"! Which pretty much includes everybody outside the SEC.

Pushing narratives and pushing what team is best for "marketing" is not what it's all supposed to be about. SEC teams have large vibrant fan bases who show up! They demand their team. They support them. They spend millions of dollars on apparel to show their loyalty.
But, none of that should be the determining factor as to who gets the opportunity to play for the title. It's supposed to be the best 4 football teams!
Not the best 4 with large fan bases who can draw the most money. If it gets to that; it would hurt college football more than people can imagine.
Hard core fans will still have to get their fix - but the vast majority of fans - especially those outside of SEC country - will eventually get turned off from the blatant disregard to "doing it the right way instead of the money way"! Football became as popular as it did w/o all the marketing! Marketing gravitated toward football b/c it was so popular. We don't need that to influence the game!

Nov 19, 2019, 8:14 PM

If you people think A&M has a shot against lsu you're delusional.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fancy Offense Lover EH?

Nov 19, 2019, 8:25 PM

mattcah® said:

I hope to be proven right by Clemson. But, at some point LSU lack of good defense will catch up to them. I don't think A&M has that kind of defense that would slow LSU down.
Auburn did though - Auburn's problem however is a terrible offense! If someone had a better offense paired with Auburn's defense they could beat LSU. I have a team in mind(hehe).

Unless A & M finds some better defense between now and game time - I don't see them winning. But, they certainly have a better offense than Vandy! Probably a better defense too. Vandy scored 38 on LSU.

Nov 19, 2019, 8:14 PM

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic