Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ok. Give it to me... FSU or Bama
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

Ok. Give it to me... FSU or Bama

Aug 30, 2017, 7:51 AM

Who you pulling for and who wins???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ok. Give it to me... FSU or Bama

Aug 30, 2017, 7:52 AM

FSU. Increases our strength of schedule when we beat them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

Aug 30, 2017, 7:52 PM

I make no guarantees, cause no one beats the slop out of Bama. But Bama tends to play dead people and SEC teams that are also dead people or are baby brother Bamas, trying to win with strength, big linemen, overwhelming running game, speedy dbs and working in play action for a change of pace. It is a wonder that hardly any of the SEC also rans have spreads because it is so hard to beat Bama at their own game, given its historical recruiting dominance. It is no wonder the Saban criticizes the spread because he knows it offsets some of his advantages. Witness Chick Fil A and Championship game when the mighty SEC powers had to cover the whole field for 4 quarters.

Yeah, Bama probably has better talent top to bottom than Fizzou. But not by much, and Bama does not face teams like Fizzou much. Clemson reached parity and them got to be a little better than Fizzou precisely because we had to cover the field. Fizzou can spread it around, and has a good mobile QB, and perhaps a prodigy young RB. I'd be surprised if it is not close at the end of the 4th quarter.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 30, 2017, 7:52 AM

FSU wins due to having the better QB IMO.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Bama routinely beats teams with better QBs***

Aug 30, 2017, 7:56 AM

Re: Bama routinely beats teams with better QBs***

Aug 30, 2017, 8:04 AM

And good for them FSU has a pretty good Defense.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Aug 30, 2017, 8:23 AM [ in reply to Bama routinely beats teams with better QBs*** ]

Bama also routinely plays team with less talent than they have. FSU has the talent.

Everyone has less talent than Bama. FSU is just closer than

Aug 30, 2017, 8:24 AM

the majority of teams.

Re: Everyone has less talent than Bama. FSU is just closer than

Aug 30, 2017, 8:31 AM

Agreed but fsu is not far behind at all.

Aug 30, 2017, 1:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Bama routinely beats teams with better QBs*** ]

I hate Alabama .... But they have more talent than anyone. They've had 7 #1 recruiting classes.
You just don't know there names. 2 of their DL starters that will be monsters are .... Buggs and Payne. They've just been sitting behind 1st round draft picks.

I do think this game goes either way though. I think FSU was ranked #3 for the last 5 years of recruiting on avg.

Saban has a great track record when having this much time to prepare. You guys beating him in the last second last year (I cheered btw) .... is the only time he's lost a game when he's had several weeks to prepare (OSU comes to mind also, the year they won the NC)

I'd say Vegas has it right

Bama 27
FSU 21

Aug 30, 2017, 11:25 PM

Ohio State beat bama

Aug 30, 2017, 8:51 PM [ in reply to Bama routinely beats teams with better QBs*** ]

Like who?

Except Clemson***

Aug 30, 2017, 9:01 PM [ in reply to Bama routinely beats teams with better QBs*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Aug 30, 2017, 7:54 AM

FSU because every time Acc plays Sec I pull for the Acc team. Tired of them Talking about how they're in a supreme conference even though it's 99% Bama each year.

Pulling for FSU, but Bama wins***

Aug 30, 2017, 7:55 AM

Re: Pulling for FSU, but Bama wins***

Aug 30, 2017, 9:39 AM

That's where I'm at too. Hope fsu but doubt it happens.

Aug 30, 2017, 7:56 AM

We don't really need the boost in SOS. If we win that will take care of itself. I still would rather FSU win. I just hate the SEC and would love to see a team from our conference beat the two teams in their championship while not even playing for ours. Paul would love that.

Go Noles but I think Bama wins.

Aug 30, 2017, 7:59 AM

Hopefully I'm wrong.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Go Noles but I think Bama wins.

Aug 30, 2017, 8:08 AM

Bama's defense not as strong early because of personnel loss last year. Fsu wins 27-24

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't really care, but I suppose I would prefer FSU(ACC!)

Aug 30, 2017, 8:10 AM

even though I can't stand the arrogance of their fans. The one thing that I DO want to happen is a convincing win by either. This way the loser drops enough for them to be a non factor for a while. I can't stand it when a Bama, FSU or OSU loses and they hardly drop

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Re: I don't really care, but I suppose I would prefer FSU(ACC!)

Aug 30, 2017, 8:24 AM

What about when we lose and hardly drop? Can you stand that?

I would say it is about time!

Aug 30, 2017, 10:31 PM

If you have followed Clemson football throughout the years, you would understand what I am talking about. It has happened over and over when we lose. The only time that it has not is after the Pitt loss. That was a rare exception, but given that every other team around and below us lost as well, they had no choice but to leave us high in the polls. Hopefully we have finally earned a seat a the big boy table so that we can get the same type of treatment as those teams. Dabo and the team have earned it.

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Aug 30, 2017, 8:17 AM

I never pull for a team because they are in the ACC ....however .... I always pull against a team that is in the SEC .....FSU baby!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 30, 2017, 8:21 AM

If the FSU OL has improved then it will be a great game and I think FSU pulls it out. If DF has been sacked more than once by the end of the first quarter then it will be a classic Bama win. They do really well on those opening night big games.

I say
Bama 33
FSU 27

I would rather FSU win, but that is what my brain says.

Aug 30, 2017, 8:26 AM

If FSUs oline can block then give me FSU. If they can't, Francois is going to be leaving the Mercedes-Benz dome on a stretcher

Pulling for FSU. Bama wins comfortably.**

Aug 30, 2017, 8:30 AM

Nm

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Sinkhole !!***

Aug 30, 2017, 8:36 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bama by double digits. Saban ain't happy since we kicked A$$***

Aug 30, 2017, 11:51 AM

Aug 30, 2017, 11:58 AM

If FSU can generate 99 offensive plays they win with one second left.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 30, 2017, 12:24 PM

Both teams have near to equal talent levels. Both really good/great coaches. It will come down to the little details (penalties, who makes just enough plays).

FSU's o-line is the key. If they're better and don't let Frenchy get sacked more than 5 times, they have a chance.

My brain is saying Bama wins but I'm not counting the Noles out because Jimbo is pretty good at getting his teams ready for big games. So, unlike many other previous hyped up Bama games, this one may actually be close.

Expect FSU defense to make a lot of big plays early and often.

Mark it down, this won't be a Bama vs Michigan/Wisconsin/USC type of opener.

Aug 30, 2017, 1:23 PM

To bad both teams cant lose. I hate them both equally.

Aug 30, 2017, 1:48 PM

FSU 100%, one it makes us look better whether we win or lose to FSU later in the season and increases our chances of 2 ACC teams in the playoff. Two, what Clemson doesn't want to see the ACC take down the titan of the SEC in back to back games just to rub it in to USuC that they've lost their only argument. Three, rooting for FSU in this game is going to hurt my soul all the way down to the core. But, it benefits Clemson for once so as much as I don't want to say it, we want FSU to win.

Aug 30, 2017, 8:11 PM

As already covered at length, if the OL for Free Shoes holds up long enough for BellBivDevoe Francois to make plays, then FSU wins I believe. This I believe and want. I don't think we necessarily need it as out SOS is good enough, but it so takes some chance out of the equation for us to make final four. FSU beats Bama, we beat FSU, as well as taking care of business, that is a plus for us. Besides, beating an SEC team is always a plus.

Dont care who wins

Aug 30, 2017, 8:37 PM

Just hope it's a good game but
Bama 38
FSU 17

Tide Rolls

Aug 30, 2017, 8:46 PM

Tide rolls by at least 10. FSWho O-line cannot have improved that much. Saban learned lessons in Tampa. The usual ball control wins out.

bama wins..fsu runs the type of offense

Aug 30, 2017, 8:47 PM

bama usually dominates

Aug 30, 2017, 8:52 PM

Heart says FSU but head says Bama. -7 is a little strong for the line. Expect it to be 3-4 point difference.

Aug 30, 2017, 8:53 PM

I'm not pulling for the freaking acc. Really

I picked Bama to win in the Donor Den picks

Aug 30, 2017, 8:57 PM

because I want them to lose and I pick wrong a lot. Really want them to lose so they will be closer to not making the playoff.

Aug 30, 2017, 9:00 PM

Dislike them both but pulling for FSU... I guess

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic