Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ohio has looked mediocre at best this season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Ohio has looked mediocre at best this season

Dec 21, 2020, 8:17 AM

and has only had 6 games to develop and get better as a team. Now they have less than 2 weeks (with Christmas distraction) to prepare for this monster Clemson team. I think it is a pretty big advantage to have played 11 games vs 6 due to being able to develop all of the freshman (especially Murphy/Bresee/Simpson/EJ Williams).

I think another big advantage no one is talking about is that no one on this Ohio roster has been to the Sugar Bowl so its possible their team will be distracted by NO similar to the way our tigers talked about being distracted by NO in 2017 in the loss to Bama.

Ohio might have the 'revenge' factor, but for the past year our Tigers have heard nothing but how they should have lost that game due to the questionable fumble call. The defense, Trevor, and Etienne will be playing with a chip on their shoulder. Historically we've blown out teams the next time we have played them when the game was close (See Alabama 2018 vs 2017, ND this season, etc). The "Leave No Doubt" game motto under Dabo is undefeated. Etienne will not be winless in his home state.

I expect a similar game to the 2016 Fiesta Bowl. Fields will be contained and will not be able to pass and our offense will play vanilla but in a dominating fashion. I'm taking the Tigers by 3 Touchdowns. DJ plays the entire 4th quarter.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In the words of Iron Mike Tyson...

Dec 21, 2020, 8:21 AM

Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.

This OcryO State team ain't all that; especially defensively.

Tigers win by three TD's.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Ohio has looked mediocre at best this season

Dec 21, 2020, 8:23 AM

Think we win by at least two scores but they might have found an elite running game with Serman getting 300+ and that line Saturday.

Northwestern is terrible...

Dec 21, 2020, 8:58 AM

They play defense like uof6c. They're slow, they take poor angles to the ball, and they tackle poorly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2020, 8:27 AM

Any other year, and I would agree on the distraction.

If all OSU has been thinking about is last year's team, they have a surprise coming.

Based on their covid containment trend, they may end up with more missing players as well.

Dec 21, 2020, 8:28 AM

I would normally agree that DJ would play Q4, but I think the Heisman vote ends after the semi, so TL may stay in the game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

Dec 21, 2020, 9:13 AM

Heisman voting ends on December 21. The results will be announced on Christmas ?? eve.

I do think it’s crazy that no other QB has thrown a pass for them in 2020.

Dec 21, 2020, 9:28 AM

That’s a scary proposition with Fields having a couple shaky games, a bad thumb and COVID still a threat.

Their depth chart for the Northwestern game showed two freshman behind Fields who have literally never thrown a pass in college football. And then in a year with limited practices. That’s unreal. #### poor roster management.

null

COVID won't be an issue for OcryO State...

Dec 21, 2020, 9:46 AM

They'll either get the rules changed (again), lie about it, or just not report it.

Dec 21, 2020, 9:36 AM

I like your post.
In particular your comment about the "revenge" factor.IMO , if that is their only focus, I like our chances.
I also love New Orleans. I have been told only 3 thousand tickets will be sold. My guess Clemson will be 60/ 40% of the crowd.

Dec 21, 2020, 9:45 AM

Plus a lot of their players missed games too. Good point.

Re: It is Ohio State

Dec 21, 2020, 10:16 AM

to be clear

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic