Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Those of you knocking AJ, take it from coach McDaniel
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,714

Those of you knocking AJ, take it from coach McDaniel

Jan 15, 2020, 2:58 PM

https://twitter.com/dmcdani2/status/1217515990822670336

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

after i saw the push i said ok thats fine as long as you

Jan 15, 2020, 3:07 PM

keep the same for us....they didn't. Tee should have been the all time leader in Clemson history in TD's instead they call the PI. Bad call i know but those things happen for a reason.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who’s knocking AJ? He had a bad game

Jan 15, 2020, 3:08 PM

We’ll get over it

His game wasn't as bad as it appears

Jan 15, 2020, 3:22 PM

that's my point. Several times he was in great position but Burrow through a pass that only his receiver could get.

We've seen that from the other side too.

Point being he may have had a couple of bad plays not an entirely bad game in my opinion especially with things like coach McDaniel brought up happening.

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

he had a freaking hard job to pull off

Jan 15, 2020, 3:54 PM

and he was the best player on our team to try to pull it off.

His job was to stay with him, make it hard to catch the balls, contest the throws...make it where they're going to have to pull of the perfect throw and a tough catch. Problem is they did do just that several times.

Tough assignment. Nobody has done it all year. Its one thing to be a good reciever who can get open..there are plenty of those. Its another to have a QB that throws dimes consistently and a reciever that is where he's supposed to be, running full speed, and able to catch contested balls.

Just a great team. Good news is, they're gone.

Look I'm all for

Jan 15, 2020, 4:06 PM

not dumping on the players, bad game or not, but from a constructively critical standpoint, he hurt himself by not keeping his hands to himself during the route. The WR responded by pushing him away and thus he (AJ) wasn't in position to make a play on the ball.

that was textbook pass interference...

Jan 15, 2020, 4:32 PM

I'm not arguing anything else you are saying/ or have said.

I believe the Twitter post by coach is ridiculous. Most people that I have read talking about AJ's play mentioned this one instance where the receiver pushed off to get separation.

AJ was simply beat all night by the receiver and dime throws. Doesn't mean he is bad. I'm not sure what you do about that, and apparently 14 other teams didn't either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: that was textbook pass interference...

Jan 15, 2020, 4:40 PM

Right on Franc ! The push coincided right when the ball was coming to the receivers outside shoulder, so it didn't have to be as much as a blatant push as much just a stiff arm to keep AJ from turning toward the ball. I said all night that for the most part of defenders were in good position, but a perfect throw is often not defendable.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, no

Jan 16, 2020, 4:47 AM [ in reply to that was textbook pass interference... ]

I'm not saying by any means he's bad - heck no! but that was not textbook PI. He had his hands all over the WR, tugging on him, and the WR finally shoved him off.

...and it was no difference on the Tee PI, other than called ***

Jan 16, 2020, 6:46 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,714
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic