Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Offensive play calling from last night...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Offensive play calling from last night...

Sep 9, 2018, 12:18 PM

Let me start off by saying it absolutely blew my mind how when Trevor Lawrence was in the game he mainly had him throw screens and ran pitch and option plays with him, but when Bryant came in he finally decided to throw the ball down the field. Way to play to both QBs strengths. I've watched this type of awful play calling for the past two years. And it's almost to the point to where I know what the play is before it even starts. Watson covered up a lot of mistakes just based off of his talent. Look, both of the coordinators have done some good things but the issue is partly the fact that we have 2 people calling plays with Dabo occasionally calling some also. I don't know if they should fire one or both of the coordinators but you can't run the same thing against every team. A&M knew when plays were coming last night and that's part of how they almost came back.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Offensive play calling from last night...

Sep 9, 2018, 12:27 PM

I’m frustrated with the calling also, but Jeff Scott brings tremendous recruiting value that we need and does a good job with his position group. My guess is that Dabo has a plan for when Elliott takes another job. After this year he may start to encourage Tony to make that move. Then a plan for restructuring the OC situation can take place. A refreshed playbook and better in-game management is a must for the future. Hopefully Coach has already identified how this can play out.

I know, I can’t wait till we lose some games and we can get rid of them

Sep 9, 2018, 12:36 PM

Of course I complained about Morris, Napier, Spence, Brad Scott, O’Cain, and pretty much all the ones before them. So, I guess I’ll just ##### about our close wins until I have a new guy to complain about.

Re: I know, I can’t wait till we lose some games and we can get rid of them

Sep 9, 2018, 12:46 PM

The point is, it shouldn't have even been a CLOSE game

Spot on!!

Sep 9, 2018, 12:53 PM

A win is win , I get it and the pumpers will say " some people just like to complain", but we should have won by 12 to 15 points with more cohesive play calling. Blew my mind , we didn't even really even try to establish a consistent running game. Our backs were getting almost 6 ypc, and Tamu was getting tired early. Where was out bread and butter jet sweep last night???

Re: Spot on!!

Sep 9, 2018, 8:46 PM

my biggest beef was that A&M appeared to be susceptible to our run, and as you said we didn't consistently stay with it.

Also true...***

Sep 9, 2018, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Re: I know, I can’t wait till we lose some games and we can get rid of them ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I know, I can’t wait till we lose some games and we can get rid of them

Sep 9, 2018, 2:15 PM [ in reply to Re: I know, I can’t wait till we lose some games and we can get rid of them ]

The point is, it shouldn't have even been a CLOSE game

Agreed, A&M should have been up 14 zip before the end of the first quarter, and Clemson got plain lucky on a few missed tackles to get their two scores. Final should have easily been 42 to 6, but you have to play with the good and the bad. The Tigers were able to to take advantage of the young A&M team's mistakes, plenty of credit due to that. We'll see you next year and rtf!

Gig'em

I know, I was saying the same thing when NC State

Sep 9, 2018, 6:41 PM [ in reply to Re: I know, I can’t wait till we lose some games and we can get rid of them ]

took us to overtime 2 years ago, after having a close game with Auburn that should’ve been put away. Thought we had a good argument to make a change, then we won the National Championship. Totally sucked because we ended up getting stuck with them.

yeah I hate

Sep 9, 2018, 12:53 PM

Winning natl championships, being in cfp, winnin acccg, 10 plus wins per year

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: yeah I hate

Sep 9, 2018, 1:59 PM

Once again, that natty was all Watson, we only won that because of him and yes, we're gonna keep winning ACC championships because that's how talented Clemson is, but that's as far as we'll go as long as we keep running the same #### over and over again.

Impressive him winning it without mike Williams, Renfrow, Cain et al or the defense

Sep 9, 2018, 3:09 PM

And I guess our oc didn’t call “orange crush”. And Watson who I love threw a lot of ints. And if that’s the case and kb is as bad as everyone thinks how did we end up in the cfp last year. You’re a moran for even suggesting firing an oc. Who are you going to hire in his place?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Impressive him winning it without mike Williams, Renfrow, Cain et al or the defense

Sep 9, 2018, 6:58 PM

Exactly. This sounds like a troll who should just ####!!

maybe they had some of that shiner bock prior to the game.***

Sep 9, 2018, 2:07 PM

Re: maybe they had some of that shiner bock prior to the game.***

Sep 9, 2018, 7:08 PM

With our talent for wide receivers tight ends and running backs Do something different. I promise you it will take pressure off KB and he will probably much more successful running himself. We were very vanilla second half

Re: Offensive play calling from last night...

Sep 9, 2018, 8:24 PM

Not pushing the panic button just yet but I agree.
14 first downs and 50 something plays is bad.
The talent on this O is being wasted not giving our play makers a chance.
We get 2-3 first downs then go away from what got us there.
9 times out of 10 if we don’t get some yards on first down the drive is over.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic