Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Offensive and Defensive Line concerns......not so fast.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,179

Offensive and Defensive Line concerns......not so fast.

Jan 5, 2021, 5:51 PM

After reading so much chatter and hand wringing on Tnet regarding our Oline and Dline.

For the last several years, I always thought our Oline was our teams most significant area of concern......and after the OSU game, everyone seems to be jumping on the band wagon.

Here is my take FWIW....I think we all can agree with our coaching staff that in the ACC Championship game (vs ND), Clemson's oline and dline DOMINATED the lines of scrimmage.

If that is the case (and it is/was), AND if ND's offensive line was one of the better ones if not the best one we faced during the season (including their size advantage)....then how can we dominate them in the ACC Championship and a week later get trounced by OSU's offensive line?

A talent gap CANNOT explain this.......does anyone really think there was that much difference in the talent (size included) of the ND offensive line and that of OSU's offensive line.

I think the same can be said of the ND Defensive line versus OSU's defensive line.

I don't know what happened in New Orleans......other than the fact that our entire team was OFF and OFF badly.....it ain't a talent gap between us and OSU!

thanks for the rant.........some of you Karens need to back away from the ledge.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Offensive and Defensive Line concerns......not so fast.

Jan 5, 2021, 5:57 PM

I honestly think we just played the worst game and they played their best. Bama is going to trounce them and prove it

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2021, 6:01 PM

The defensive line did not get dominated. They got held!

Jan 5, 2021, 6:16 PM

This. Exactly

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2021, 6:02 PM

Our best OL and DL talent are also underclassmen.

I ran into one of my Ohio State friends Sunday.

Jan 5, 2021, 6:23 PM

Congratulated him on the win and told him that their 4th and 5th year players dominated our 2nd and 3rd year players after hearing the obligatory complaint about Dabo voting them 11th. (he was a good sport about it and gracious)

He response was "That's what we'll be next year."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2021, 6:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Offensive and Defensive Line concerns......not so fast. ]

I really hope the youngin’ step it up and take over on the o-line next year. I’d like to see an o-line that has about 17-20 starts together like ND.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Carman Was The .....

Jan 5, 2021, 6:28 PM

Whiff Master this year . He got whiffed time and again by faster defensive players .

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,179
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic