Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Isaiah Simmons projected as high as top-3 in pre-Combine mock drafts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,367

TNET: Isaiah Simmons projected as high as top-3 in pre-Combine mock drafts

Feb 10, 2020, 3:26 PM

Isaiah Simmons projected as high as top-3 in pre-Combine mock drafts

The NFL combine invites are out and we're one step closer to April's NFL draft in Las Vegas. NBC's Rotoworld has pegged the highest of its peers, sending Simmon Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of the last 10 years....

Feb 10, 2020, 5:35 PM

Isaiah Simmons is the player I'm probably going to miss the most. Ranks right up there with Sammy & Deshaun.

Literally a 1 man wrecking crew on Defense this past year. I don't think we'll see someone with his combination of size, speed, strength and intellect on Defense in a long, long time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I remember thinking the same thing about DOD. Who was going

Feb 10, 2020, 5:38 PM

to replace him? Simmons more that did that! Now I am wondering the same: who is going to take over that role in 2020?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I remember thinking the same thing about DOD. Who was going

Feb 10, 2020, 10:55 PM

Pretty sure I have seen DHood say Mike Jones is in line to take Simmons’ spot. Could be wrong but I feel like I’ve read that a couple times from Hood

Re: I remember thinking the same thing about DOD. Who was going

Feb 11, 2020, 2:20 PM

Mike is 4" shorter, 25 lbs lighter and runs 4.61, vs the 4.35-4.40 speed that Simmons had.

With the Dudes we have coming in on D Line, and the depth and experience returning, I expect us to run a LOT more 4 man front.

Mike Jones will be really good, but I just don't see BV putting the same amount of responsibility on him, nor will we see anything close to the same effectiveness giving everything mentioned above.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Of the last 10 years....

Feb 10, 2020, 6:16 PM [ in reply to Of the last 10 years.... ]

I wish we could clone him. Definitely my favorite. We're not playing for a natty without him. Gonna be some ticked off bucknuts when he goes higher than Chase and that corner. Teams are clamoring to get him. Probably all kinds of deals going down.

Loving it!!!!

Go Tigers!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2020, 9:47 PM

His versatility is to die for. That makes him special, but his character really is what puts him head and shoulders above all the rest, IMO. He is as great a person as he is on the field, and that doesn't get duplicated.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2020, 11:09 PM

Could not have been stated any better!!!!

We know CBV will have a well oiled D come September but if we can come close to having someone as versatile this year, it'll take a ton of pressure off our young CB's and safeties to develop by eoy.

Just imagine had he stayed and AJ stayed, what our D would have been. Possibly the most dominant complete D ever seen in college football. That's saying a lot with our power rangers. One can only dream.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2020, 7:27 AM

This! I have no doubt BV will maximize the talent we have, and opponents will just wonder how he does so much with the guys we have. He is worth his weight in gold.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Isaiah Simmons projected as high as top-3 in pre-Combine mock drafts

Feb 10, 2020, 8:45 PM

I would rather see our guys drop a few positions and end up with a team that could be a contender.

with Simmons on the field, OC's had to prepare if there were

Feb 11, 2020, 8:54 AM

twelve men on the field. Never knew where he was going to line up or what he was going to do. Will be sorely missed. Good luck in the NFL!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,367
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic