Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I've had a moment of clarity. While I was in the pro Big12
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1,154

I've had a moment of clarity. While I was in the pro Big12

May 25, 2012, 9:48 AM

camp, after my moment I now believe moving will be a huge mistake and ultimately cooler heads will prevail and no moves will be made.

The Clemson alumni base is right smack in ACC country and ultimately the move won't be made due to that. Enough of the quiet majority will let it be known they don't want to move as this story gets more main stream coverage.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course Big 12 move would be a HUGE mistake

May 25, 2012, 9:49 AM

and would be one studied in a few years at business schools across the land.

As the FSU president laid out, the reasons to move are very few and far between and it would erode so much that is offered by the ACC.

The answer is improving the ACC, that does not mean

May 25, 2012, 9:57 AM

"OH WE GET Penn ST and ND" that isn't happening.

That does mean more schools need to improve and the conference needs to focus more on football. There are enough schools that care, they need to form a block and fight for it. Clem/FSU/GT/Miami/VT maybe even BC and Pitt care more about fball then bball.

The answer is changing the mindset of those in charge

May 25, 2012, 9:59 AM

of the ACC ... and that's not going to happen. Based upon WIlkin's comments, I believe Clemson's gone.

I think it's crystal clear that the ACC will not focus on FB***

May 25, 2012, 9:59 AM [ in reply to The answer is improving the ACC, that does not mean ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The answer is improving the ACC, that does not mean

May 25, 2012, 10:20 AM [ in reply to The answer is improving the ACC, that does not mean ]

How would that make us better if did get them? Wake could beat them.

Re: Of course Big 12 move would be a HUGE mistake

May 25, 2012, 9:58 AM [ in reply to Of course Big 12 move would be a HUGE mistake ]

LOL

Re: Of course Big 12 move would be a HUGE mistake

May 25, 2012, 9:59 AM [ in reply to Of course Big 12 move would be a HUGE mistake ]

Sarcasm meter just exploded :)

I think this will be finalized before it receives...

May 25, 2012, 9:54 AM

main stream coverage. At this point, all the denial leaves the news to be nothing but rumors. While most sports broadcasters report rumors they make sure to tag them as just rumors.

I'm rilly trying not to be contentious.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Way too late. It's obvious from David Wilkins' comments

May 25, 2012, 9:55 AM

we're on our way already. He would have come nowhere near what he said on the record to David Hood if we weren't already gone.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

How will it be a big mistake if FSU & CU both leave...

May 25, 2012, 9:58 AM

and lets say the Big XII adds GT, NC st., Lousville, and ND also...do you still think it would be a big mistake? Would it be a bigger mistake to stay in a depleted ACC?

Not flaming, I'm just curious.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If its a "block" of schools like that I'm for it. I'm very

May 25, 2012, 10:00 AM

concerned about taking the bait, and then when its to late getting stuck on an island and having no power to change it.

It's somewhere between going steady and marriage.

May 25, 2012, 10:03 AM

You are right about that. There is quite a distance between the security of what you know and the void of the unknown. I expect the BOT/board of advisors will explore all this gap.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then how do we make up the money gap with SCU?

May 25, 2012, 10:04 AM

Answer that little question, then I might be on your side. It's all about dollars. And NO, Notre Dame is not riding in to save the ACC, won't happen.

Why are you obsessed with South Carolina?***

May 25, 2012, 10:39 AM

Big 12 is our ONLY option..

May 25, 2012, 10:46 AM [ in reply to Then how do we make up the money gap with SCU? ]

if we want to try and keep up with SEC revenue. It really is that simple.

What is wrong with you people? If we don't leave...

May 25, 2012, 10:16 AM

it is curtains for the football program. At least that is the way it looks right now. Sure, some development could happen that would change our minds (i.e. ND and PSU come to ACC), but that doesn't look likely. Regardless, with the way things look right now, how could you possibly not want to jump?!

Replies: 16
| visibility 1,154
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic