Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Obviously Finebaum was trying to stir the pot yesterday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Obviously Finebaum was trying to stir the pot yesterday

Oct 3, 2019, 12:03 PM

with this comment about an unbeaten Clemson team being left out of the playoff but at what point does an awful conference hurt the team?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who?***

Oct 3, 2019, 12:12 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Obviously Finebaum was trying to stir the pot yesterday

Oct 3, 2019, 12:13 PM

One way or another, this will b the year an 8 team playoff will be set in motion.

The eight team playoff is just a matter of time

Oct 3, 2019, 12:20 PM

there are so many good teams out there this year...somebody is going to get left out and going to raise he!!.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2019, 6:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Obviously Finebaum was trying to stir the pot yesterday ]

I think by end of year, it will look a lot different. Starts this weekend. One unbeaten SEC team gets a loss. LSU-Bama, so on, so forth.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2019, 12:16 PM

When the conference champion is ranked below #4.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And the goal of coming in here to talk about that was?***

Oct 3, 2019, 12:19 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And the goal of coming in here to talk about that was?***

Oct 3, 2019, 12:32 PM

To make Pawl’s ears flap with joy!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Man, that is a weird thing to want to have happen. ***

Oct 3, 2019, 12:55 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who ?

Oct 3, 2019, 12:19 PM

44-16 still hurts the sec shills

Whoooo????

Oct 3, 2019, 12:23 PM

Why do people pay attention to the UTSA coach so much.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2019, 12:33 PM

I don't have a problem with analysts--or even Paul F--saying we looked uninspired, crappy, or like the 5th-best team in the nation last week. I don't have a problem with their saying the ACC was awful during the regular season last year. (That was NOT true during the postseason.)

But I have a huge problem with their little pea brains assuming that championship teams are required to prove it from Week #1 onward. That is based entirely on the Bama model of beating NMSt by 50, Duke with a new QB in his first start by 35, and this-is-not-Brett-Favre's-So Miss by 45 before ever playing a true road game. Clemson has already won 2 conference games on the road before September ended.

When the dust has settled in early December, the ACC will have more bowl teams than the SEC without playing an easier out of conference schedule. We (the conference) will probably outperform them during the postseason again, too. At this point, I'd also favor the ACC to win the SC and KY rivalry games, with FL being a tossup, and only expect to lose (big time) in GA.

So if we beat them head-to-head, develop more bowl-eligible teams, and then outperform them in the postseason, at some point you have to forgive the early-season awfulness.

"The ACC is awful" mantra is the refuge of an ill-informed mind. Usually educated in the SEC. Proof their colleges are failing in their mission.

We despise him, and he of course is a shill for the SEC, but

Oct 3, 2019, 1:06 PM

if other teams keep beating people 70-7, while we struggle comparatively in what is perceived to be the weakest conference this year, it will ultimately impact the Committee's thinking. The Committee is made up of people, not computers, after all. That is what we all wanted, and now we have to live with human bias, or the "Eye Test", or whatever else you would like to call it. The more it gets hammered on by all these SEC shills on National TV, the more it will be believed. We have to start hammering some teams ourselves, and it will all go away. As much as Dabo dislikes doing it, it is in Clemson's best overall interest right now to do so.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We despise him, and he of course is a shill for the SEC, but

Oct 3, 2019, 2:28 PM

But this is exactly what will *not* happen.

--Ohio State will come crashing back to earth at some point (Wisc? PSU? Mich? Wisc again?).
--Alabama could well lose to Auburn, who will not survive Georgia, even at home.
--LSU's good, but the championship jury's still out on them.
--Oklahoma will get schooled by somebody (Texas? at OSU? Texas again?) when they have a day like we did against UNC offensively, but have no defense to bail them out.
--Georgia's the only team whose schedule stacks up toward a likely unbeaten season; but if they have to face Alabama there, can they get that monkey off their backs (I think they will).
--ND, even if they win out, has no conf. championship, and there's no way they get in over an undefeated conf. champion Clemson.

A slot in the playoff is ours to win/lose. All we have to do is keep winning, and the most difficult games are behind us (with the possible exception of UVA in the championship).

Wait patiently. I think that it'll be four or five clear CFP candidates, and Clemson will be one of them.

Don't look now, but once they got past their first game,

Oct 3, 2019, 3:35 PM

the Okies have kinda sorta been playing defense this year, at least comparatively speaking. The most points they have allowed in their last 3 games was 16 against Texas Tech. I have penciled them into the playoffs, barring some strangeness.

LSU on the other hand, I just am not buying into Joe Burrow. I saw him stink it up on too many occasions last year. He has made as incredible a turnaround as any player I have ever seen, but I think the old Joe is still lurking. He will most likely show up against Bama, just due to the Saban mystique. At which point Shrek will say "waddahel jushappen oudere onafield?"

This could be the year Kirby don't Kirby against Lil Nicky, but he'll have to show me before I believe it. Not saying it can't happen, but until one of Saban's former pupils beats him, it still hasn't ever been done, by Kirby or anybody else.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The problem is, Bama, LSU, Auburn or UGA will all be conside

Oct 4, 2019, 9:47 PM [ in reply to Re: We despise him, and he of course is a shill for the SEC, but ]

playoff worthy with a loss...we won't! There will even be some pushing a 2nd SEC team in the playoff, over Clemson! Even though Bama won it all after the 2017 season, I still say they shouldn't even have gotten in the playoff, without winning their conference. Not over another one loss team that did win their conference!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We despise him, and he of course is a shill for the SEC, but

Oct 4, 2019, 9:36 AM [ in reply to We despise him, and he of course is a shill for the SEC, but ]

I find it impossible to believe that a defending national champion with a 28 game win streak and a conference championship could be left out by those humans making the decisions regardless of point differentials. Color me crazy, I guess.

Oct 3, 2019, 2:18 PM

I don’t know. If having Arkansas, Kentucky, coots, Tennessee, Vandy & Ole Miss in the SEC doesn’t hurt them, then nothing will.

Oct 3, 2019, 3:25 PM

Why worry about things that are out of our control? Just win and trust that things will work out the way they need to. Every year this time, our offense looks about like this and everyone is worrying about all the undefeated teams. There will be few/none undefeated teams at the end of the year and we could easily be one of them. The current polls absolutely have no bearing on the committee. I don't even look at polls until the first committee poll, and even then... only the last one counts. It's fun to talk about, but in the end... nothing except for winning even comes close to being relevant yet.

I love Paul ?? so much. I want him so bad.

Oct 3, 2019, 3:29 PM

It seems by post volume many of you love him and dream of his warm embrace as well.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I fear by your post that you have embraced large volumes of

Oct 3, 2019, 3:38 PM

SOMETHING!

Who is Finebaum?

Oct 3, 2019, 3:34 PM

?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2019, 6:14 PM

I find it so funny that he is supposed to an SEC homer but seems to be so focused on Clemson.

I believe Dabo said a few years back that the team couldn't worry about what they couldn't control. Let the SEC/Big 10/Big 12 teams do the arguing and putting up video game numbers every Saturday. We all know that at the end of the season there will be a few undefeated teams. Then the committee will decide who makes it into the playoffs. If we win out, then we will be in that conversation. That has to be our focus.

Some of these talking heads need to remember that the selections for the playoff are not made in the first week of October.

Anyone ever though maybe Fineboob in Bipolar.....?

Oct 4, 2019, 12:23 AM

One minute he says he would trust his kids playing for Dabo and then the next Dabo is "petty and vindictive". There's apparently no gray are with him, it's always "either/or"...

That's borderline, not bipolar

Oct 4, 2019, 9:00 AM

Sorry - I'm a psychiatrist and one of my pet peeves is the misuse of the term Bipolar.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's borderline, not bipolar

Oct 4, 2019, 8:19 PM

Well, I'm not a psychiatrist, and one of my pet peeves is the assumption that any particular demographic gets to claim a commonly-used adjective and pretend it belongs to them.

'Borderline' is the word in question.

I don't believe it is a stand alone diagnosis. Borderline what?

Borderline personality disorder.

Oct 4, 2019, 9:44 PM

Those affected tend to be unstable, impulsive, and have trouble maintaining relationships.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

You beat me to it Judge! BPD is some bad crap!!***

Oct 4, 2019, 9:52 PM

Oct 4, 2019, 10:05 PM

Well why don’t the national media just tell us what they deem to be acceptable scores for Clemson to win by every week so Dabo and friends can game plan for it.

Oct 5, 2019, 11:03 AM

Just remember, in 'NCAA football, style points count . . .A LOT !!

Oct 7, 2019, 1:55 PM

Once the CFP was created, "style" points were supposed to be irrelevant. I.e., out of style.

Only a team's qualifications are supposed to count, and since the CFP's inception, that's all that has counted.

Every year you keep insisting that this is the year the SC screws up. So far they haven't.

Oct 7, 2019, 2:07 PM

None...why

What do Bama, Ohio State, LSU and Auburn all have in common? We beat'm the last time we played'm.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic