Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Observation on our game vs other games (TL related)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 1

Observation on our game vs other games (TL related)

Sep 1, 2019, 10:19 AM

I watched a lot of college football this weekend. These QBs who put up gaudy stats, especially Justin Fields, has receivers running absolutely wide open with no one without 15 yards of them. I could have probably suited up and tossed a couple of touchdowns in those games.

But Georgia Tech played the pass, squatting on every route. I don’t recall seeing anyone running wide open, especially near the goal line, until the second half when we decided to just run the ball. After two scoring drives to start Q3 in which we attempted all of one pass, TL was pulled and GT started playing the run. As a result, Spector was wide open in the end zone and should have scored. DB made a nice attempt at it and Brice threw it just about a yard too far toward the sideline toward the DB (a perfect pass without the DB there but there was plenty of space for Spector).

So I’ve seen people talk about TL having a terrible game (fans from other teams only - not media pundits or our fans) or being significantly outplayed by Brice. I think context matters and that both played well. In fact, ESPN’s QBR rating, in which they grade every play, has both TL and Brice at right around 70-71 for the game, which is respectable.

The first TL interception fooled everybody, including the coaches. The second basically slipped out of his hand as he was trying to throw it out of bounds. In the two minute drill drives to end the half, TL throws a nice deep ball to Ross that was maybe a foot or two too long but obviously was caught. If Ross drags that left foot instead of tucking it and landing in his knee, that’s a nice 30+ yard completion, likely leads to a score, and avoids the second interception. 200 yards passing with 2 total touchdowns (at least) and a pick in basically just 2 quarters of play looks a lot better than 168 yards, 2 total touchdowns, and 2 picks. So that one play could have changed the entire reception of a “meh’ game to a “pretty nice” game for TL.

But what matters is the W and we curb stomped them. TL will take 1 TD passing, 1 rushing, and 2 picks every single game if it meant a 15-0 season because he’s totally selfless, he doesn’t care about personal stats or accolades.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic