Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OT: need help with airline problem
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,195

OT: need help with airline problem

Jul 19, 2015, 11:16 AM

We have a group of youth (58) from Riverland Hills Baptist in Columbia going on a mission trip. There flight from CLT on American Airlines 148 was 1.5hrs late getting into Miami. They missed their connection which was flight 1481 to the Dominican Republic. This all transpired yesterday around noon. AA said there was nothing they could do to get them there within a reasonable amount of time due to overbooking. They missed their connection by 10 min in Miami. They found a way to get about 20 of them to the DR last night and it landed around 3am in DR. We still have the balance of the team sitting in Miami airport.

First I am stunned that AA would push off from the gate knowing that 58 people were not on the plane. It's not like the DR is where everyone makes connecting flights to other locations. The flight stops there. Anyone have any pull with AA or can offer suggestions? We are doing social media avenues as well as making calls to WLTX to try and get them moving on a solution. Our church has worked for many months planning this trip. Thanks for any help!

?
? ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's in God's hands...go with the flow. Amen***

Jul 19, 2015, 12:31 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

P.S....be glad they are just out of Columbia..***

Jul 19, 2015, 12:34 PM

Re: OT: need help with airline problem

Jul 19, 2015, 1:09 PM

Airlines are pressured for on time arrivals and don't get dinged for missed connections so will do this. My daughter was on her way back from a mission trip last night on United at one older gentleman could not run as fast as the others. When the younger folks got to the gate they pleaded with the gate agent to wait for him but they refused. They MIGHT care if someone in the part left behind has high status with the airline.
All airlines are bad at this but personally I find Delta the best and fly them even if it costs a bit more. I also avoid Charlotte connections like the plague - it and Dulles are the two worst airports for making connections because they're so poorly designed with some gates incredibly far apart.

Re: OT: need help with airline problem

Jul 19, 2015, 1:18 PM

I agree on delta, We were running late for a flight to New York last year and they waited on us going through customs.

Social media is probably your best bet...

Jul 19, 2015, 1:18 PM

A friend of mine was treated in a similar way by United when traveling with a 6 month old and he complained in Twitter and Facebook hashtagging the airlines. United reached out very quickly as they didn't want negative publicity.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,195
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic