Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OSU will struggle with Alabama
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

OSU will struggle with Alabama

Nov 27, 2019, 9:16 AM

If the tide get the fourth spot. The Buckeyes dont match up well because they are run heavy and Saban destroys run heavy teams. It's been proven time and time again that you have to have a Qb that can read and decipher defenses ala Watson Lawrence and Burrow etc. Fields cant read defenses and he is Kb 2.0 on top of that the tide fleetfooted receivers will test OSu secondary which is used to plodding receivers of the big ten. I see the tide taking this one even with their backup qb provided they get past auburn.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How will Alabama score and take advantage of their

Nov 27, 2019, 9:18 AM

smallish wide receivers against an excellent OSU defense?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How will Alabama score and take advantage of their

Nov 27, 2019, 9:22 AM

They will get the ball out quick to their wideouts and negate Chase Young. I dont think OSu secondary matches up well with bama wideouts. If bama jumps out to a big lead and force Fields to throw its over.

So, Alabama won't skip a beat without Tua?

Nov 27, 2019, 9:26 AM

You seem to have a lot of confidence in Alabama's backup sophomore QB with very little game experience.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, Alabama won't skip a beat without Tua?

Nov 27, 2019, 9:29 AM

Not really just OSu struggle with southern teams. When they do win and rarely it's a dogfight.

I would think both teams would struggle to throw the ball

Nov 27, 2019, 9:37 AM

consistently well. OSU offense might get the nod for me against a porous Alabama defense, and with their first string QB. OSU's defense is better than Bama's and you would expect Bama to have a difficult time taking advantage of their talent at wide receiver without the QB who can deliver the ball consistently accurately and on time.

Re: I would think both teams would struggle to throw the ball

Nov 27, 2019, 9:41 AM

My thinking is Alabama will sell out to stop the run and make Fields throw like they forced Kb to throw.

Ohio State would do the same to the backup Bama QB.

Nov 27, 2019, 9:49 AM

Make him beat them throwing the ball, which seems unlikely. I just think OSU would be more effective at it considering the Bama backup QB and the struggles of the Bama defense so far this year. OSU, unlike the rest of the Big Ten, has talent and speed on defense.

LOL. Have you watched Alabama play a decent team in

Nov 27, 2019, 9:21 AM

2019? The 2 teams they played with any pulse put a combined 90 points on them, Clemson and LSU. This Alabama D is porous, to say the least. It doesn't matter what Saban does, he doesn't have the experienced horses to pull it off. And OH St's defense will eat Mac Jones alive because Bama has issues on the OL and OH St has Chase Young.

All that said, it's going to take an absolute act of God for Alabama to even be the #4 slot.

Not an act of God...

Nov 27, 2019, 9:22 AM

Just a CFP Committee with an agenda.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

You have a point but if Utah and OK take care of bi'ness

Nov 27, 2019, 9:24 AM

I just don't see how it happens.

It shouldn't happen but it might.***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: LOL. Have you watched Alabama play a decent team in

Nov 27, 2019, 9:25 AM [ in reply to LOL. Have you watched Alabama play a decent team in ]

You think Justin Fields can beat Alabama with his arm alone if they fall behind?

It wouldn't fall to Justin Fields' arm because

Nov 27, 2019, 9:32 AM

Alabama would not be able to stop Dobbins and Fields on a consistent basis in the running game, and OH St's defense would keep OH St's O in good field position for 85% of the game. TUA ISN'T PLAYING.

Again, Alabama does not have the defense this year we're used to seeing. They didn't have it last year, either, but this year they're even less than they used to be. Don't let the uniform and coach dictate your opinion. Alabama should've lost to LSU by 30 but LSU's defense slept through most of the second half because of the big halftime lead and Tua did what he does.

This isn't the Alabama team that's been killing people for 10 years.

Re: It wouldn't fall to Justin Fields' arm because

Nov 27, 2019, 9:37 AM

Ok

Ohio State would spank BAMA, but BAMA

Isn’t getting an invite.

Re: OSU will struggle with Alabama

We'll probably never know because I don't see Bama getting past Auburn, so they won't play OSU. Even if they do beat Auburn, by the committee's own protocols a 1-loss conference champ trumps a team that didn't win their division. Only reason Bama got in 2017 was next best team was 2-loss OSU.

This isn't the same Alabama defense we

Nov 27, 2019, 9:41 AM

have seen the past 5-10 years. This might be Alabama's worst defensive team in the Saban era. Just so happens that most SEC offenses are not very good (with the exception of LSU and Bama). I used to think you had to have a mobile QB to beat Bama a la Newton, Manziel or Watson. Lawrence was the first pure passing QB to take them down that I can remember.

Kyler Murray was also a nightmare for them. Fields would be as well. I think OSU and Clemson would both beat Alabama and likely comfortably.

Nov 27, 2019, 11:07 AM

I would agree with you if Tua was playing but neither Mac Jones or Tua's brother can stretch the field. They both had to rely on the screen pass to move the ball against WCU. I'm just nor convinced that Bama is a top 10 team and we'll find out Saturday if either Mac Jones or Tua's brother can handle a decent defense.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not sure if that's true of this Alabama defense

Nov 27, 2019, 11:30 AM

They've been much softer against the run than normal.

Nov 27, 2019, 4:34 PM

If the tide get the fourth spot. The Buckeyes dont match up well because they are run heavy and Saban destroys run heavy teams. It's been proven time and time again that you have to have a Qb that can read and decipher defenses ala Watson Lawrence and Burrow etc. Fields cant read defenses and he is Kb 2.0 on top of that the tide fleetfooted receivers will test OSu secondary which is used to plodding receivers of the big ten. I see the tide taking this one even with their backup qb provided they get past auburn.

2014 0-3-1-0 st and Ezekiel Elliott says hello...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2019, 4:57 PM

Saying Justin Fields is KB2.0 may be the dumbest thing ever posted here. Thinking Alabama with Mac Jones would beat Ohio State might be #2.

OSU has one of the few secondaries that can nearly match Alabama's receivers. The would play tight and force Mac Jones to beat them deep, if he was able to get the ball off. It would be ugly.

One the other side, Justin Fields is the perfect QB to capitalize on Alabama's weakness at LB.

Game would be over at halftime.

Alabama was able to keep it close with LSU because LSU didn't play defense. OSU doesn't have that problem.

Nov 27, 2019, 6:04 PM

Hey fellow easy there with the comments. Fields holds the ball too long and is a one read quarterback. He takes too many sacks because it takes him too long to process information.

Nov 27, 2019, 6:52 PM

You said Fields was KB2.0. That is nutso.

I never said he was perfect.

Yeah they have similarities

Nov 27, 2019, 6:56 PM [ in reply to Re: OSU will struggle with Alabama ]

Fields is just better at literally everything. And Bryant was a multi-year veteran and still had poor pocket awareness and couldn't read a defense. Fields is in his 2nd year and wasn't allowed to do anything last year at Georgia so he still has time to learn.

Nov 27, 2019, 5:03 PM

Saban has also struggled against mobile quarterbacks though, even in years when he had a dominant defense which is not something he has this year anyways. Fields may not be an elite passer, but he's at least average at throwing the ball IMO. That coupled with him being able to keep plays alive with his feet, their receivers, and Dobbins would be plenty enough to beat Bama IMO.

Haha... I missed the KB 2.0 comment the first time

Nov 27, 2019, 5:43 PM

Bryant can't carry Fields' jockstrap.

Nov 27, 2019, 9:33 PM

I’m sorry but I somewhat disagree. I don’t know what else Alabama needs to do to prove to people that their defense is sh*t...

Offensively....I think the Bama WRs would absolutely torch the OSU secondary.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

We shouldn't have to worry about that, if Utah, Baylor or OK

Nov 27, 2019, 9:37 PM

win out!

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic