Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OSU will bait Muse and go long over/around him
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

OSU will bait Muse and go long over/around him

Dec 8, 2019, 5:10 PM

He is very tough and is great at run support, but you better believe the bucknuts are going to have a specific plan to exploit Muse. He's fast too - fast enough for sure, but you have be running in the right direction!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OSU will bait Muse and go long over/around him

Dec 8, 2019, 5:17 PM

agreed.hopefully BV will scheme around that vulnerability.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Same issue with Boulware...

Dec 8, 2019, 5:19 PM

But teams weren’t able to exploit it enough to keep us from winning. I’m confident CBV will be prepared.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

huge difference

Dec 8, 2019, 8:07 PM

Ben would occasionally cover a just as slow TE. Muse struggles in coverage EVERY game. He is going against WRs. Muse should be playing OLB. He can’t cover WRs.

I don’t think Boulware ever had to cover anyone who wasn’t...

Dec 8, 2019, 8:16 PM

faster than him, but he had other talents that the staff was able to scheme around.

Message was edited by: Francis Marion®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: huge difference

Dec 8, 2019, 9:12 PM [ in reply to huge difference ]

Agreed. On motion plays where CB is in man coverage it easily exploits our defense to Muse. He is a major weakness on our defense

Sounds good in theory, but this is a more balanced team

Dec 8, 2019, 5:23 PM

And when you have a legit threat at RB to go with a decent QB, you know what CBV will do... blitz package bonanza.

Muse will be used in a way that suits his game. He will either be blitzing or simply playing over the top. He won’t be in many if any 1 on 1 situations with wrs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2019, 5:25 PM

They need to move Muse to tackle or D End.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2019, 9:13 PM

He played pretty well on the bench yesterday.

overwhelmed uva went after muse and nolan***

Dec 8, 2019, 5:27 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2019, 5:31 PM

Love your confidence! Tanner always comes back from a sub par performance with a vengeance!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2019, 5:32 PM

We need Muse big time in run support with our DL, so of course Muse will have his hands full.

Dec 8, 2019, 5:43 PM

You got that right, they’ll feed dobbins all night long. Got to think CBV will have a scheme. Maybe a bend but not break defense...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2019, 6:30 PM

They won’t feed Dobbins. They won’t keep up with Clemson’s offense scoring. Running the ball on Clemson will be a waste of time

he is out of position as a safety

Dec 8, 2019, 8:11 PM [ in reply to Re: OSU will bait Muse and go long over/around him ]

Better teams are going to take advantage of him in coverage.

Lol x4! I'm not laughing at y'all, but I'm not laughing with you either.

Dec 8, 2019, 5:37 PM

This is the exact same sewage the Muse doubters(haters) said going into the playoff last year. All because he "had a bad game against Bentley".
Muse and Brent will prove y'all knuckleheads wrong again!

Re: Lol x4! I'm not laughing at y'all, but I'm not laughing with you either.

Dec 8, 2019, 5:41 PM

Muse's role is way tougher this year. He is asked to do way more.

Dec 8, 2019, 9:16 PM

True - he has to cover WR and protect against the deep ball and tackle for us. He is our vulnerability. I mean we run an extra safety this year just to help out our weakness with Muse.

I mean really - how many other players do we talk like this.

Dec 8, 2019, 5:59 PM [ in reply to Lol x4! I'm not laughing at y'all, but I'm not laughing with you either. ]

wasnt he same guy who started against Bama last year?????yea i thought so....

Can't wait to watch Tanner run over/through Dobbins

Dec 8, 2019, 5:49 PM

He's going to come in to this game mad at himself for his UVA performance and will be looking to destroy some bucknuts.

Re: Can't wait to watch Tanner run over/through Dobbins

Dec 8, 2019, 9:18 PM

Then he is going to realize he bit hard on play action and forgot to cover the deep man

When Muse is 1 on 1

Dec 8, 2019, 6:12 PM

there are other things going on within the defense. Last night UVa had a couple of calls that hung him in coverage longer than we want. The blitzes on those calls are intended to quicken the QB throw. One time we gave Perkins too much time and one time 8 was the hot route. The corner blitz on the goal line we must have thought they were going to throw to the other side of the field from their formation.

yeah it looked like we guessed wrong on the goalline***

Dec 8, 2019, 6:42 PM

I agree, we got caught with out pants down on

Dec 8, 2019, 6:47 PM [ in reply to When Muse is 1 on 1 ]

the eight yard td pass at the goal line. OC for UVA had the perfect play call for that blitz. Unless the qb just recognized the blitz that quickly. Either way , hard to blame tanner for that one. He did have a bad night on tackling though.. Just a tough game, but these Muse haters act like he gets beat all the time. Not true.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree, we got caught with out pants down on

Dec 8, 2019, 9:20 PM

That’s because he does get beat all the time and it’s pretty obvious.

Dec 8, 2019, 6:33 PM

Dobbins is a threat . Very glad that Muse will be back there , he's a fierce tackler.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Do you fear Justin Fields and their WR's

Dec 8, 2019, 6:34 PM

more than Tua and all the WR's we faced in the Natty last year.

Muse had 2-3 mistakes. Probably didn't help BV put them in a few tough positions and, give UVA credit, we saw a lot new stuff.

He'll bounce back and he'll be ready.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

our DL was great against the run and had a good bit more sacks

Dec 8, 2019, 6:46 PM

Pressure on the QB has been less, and we are needing to commit more from the secondary to help in pressure and in run support.

Would've been much more concerning with LSU

Dec 8, 2019, 6:35 PM

Burrow is playing as well as any college QB I've ever seen and he will throw the ball to anyone on any part of the field. It's nearly impossible to hide somebody when there are 4 legit WRs and a RB that is utilized frequently in the passing game.

muse gets completely turned around on double moves, but overall

Dec 8, 2019, 6:37 PM

He's been a good player for us.

Dec 8, 2019, 6:47 PM

I think Muse will be on red alert about being fooled on stop and go moves and CBV will scheme so he won't be left on an island.

Once Alabama fooled Muse last year early to tie it at 7-7, it didn't happen again. But I'm still concerned about Olave. He is a dangerous deep threat.

Dec 8, 2019, 6:56 PM

I am curious as to how CBV managed to correct that problem in-game vs. UVA. I thought UVA would repeat that play over and over until we managed to stop it. They never managed to repeat it during the entire game. So maybe CBV already has fixed the problem. What makes anyone think that CBV has not corrected our scheme to ensure Muse is not left alone like that? Just curious as to what others see that I'm not seeing.

Dec 8, 2019, 7:56 PM

NC_Tiger_ said:

He is very tough and is great at run support, but you better believe the bucknuts are going to have a specific plan to exploit Muse. He's fast too - fast enough for sure, but you have be running in the right direction!

Muse is a great kid, plays hard but he got exposed last night. Several missed tackles, beaten for two TDS. Hope BV has some other options.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic