Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OSU front 7 not as good as ND
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,270

OSU front 7 not as good as ND

Dec 20, 2020, 12:46 PM

Their DBs and offensive skill players are better than ND.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

our defense is better than northwesterns***

Dec 20, 2020, 12:47 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OSU front 7 not as good as ND

Dec 20, 2020, 12:51 PM

QB Penix from Indiana had a field day with the O Cry O St. DB's.

They have good WR's who have gone unchallenged in the Big 10. Northwestern was dropping 8. So was Indiana(on occasion). Fields struggled.

They have struggled to run the football up until yesterday when Sermon went over 200. Fields I believe is still their leading rusher.

If they can't run the football with any consistency - they are done. We beat them when they had a better team! Dobbins I thought hurt us the most in our game last year. Sermon is good - but their OL much like our OL has been inconsistent run blockers.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2020, 1:02 PM

ND wrs are a worse match-up for Clemson secondary. Ohio St doesn't have a pile of 6'4+ Wr and TEs that can out muscle dbs in tight coverage. Clemson has speed in the secondary to match Ohio states speed, its 100% going to come down to how they do forcing fields to play from the pocket. The game plan will probably be about the same as the one used vs Ian Book.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dec 20, 2020, 1:10 PM

SSN-Tiger said:

ND wrs are a worse match-up for Clemson secondary. Ohio St doesn't have a pile of 6'4+ Wr and TEs that can out muscle dbs in tight coverage. Clemson has speed in the secondary to match Ohio states speed, its 100% going to come down to how they do forcing fields to play from the pocket. The game plan will probably be about the same as the one used vs Ian Book.

Yep! "Mush-Rush" Fields and keep him in the pocket. He is a good passer in the pocket too - but just like teams do against us - you would rather make them execute a perfect pass, perfect pass blocking, perfect route running and perfect catch rather than have a ball carrier just run for it.

They aren't as good i.m.o top to bottom as they were last year! They will also have a mental hurdle to get over. The whole: "we were robbed thing if they aren't careful is going to bite them in the behind"! Guys coming out and trying to do too much!
We'll see won't we!
Their OL is not as experienced as ND either! That could be a problem for them against a BV defense.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2020, 1:20 PM

I watched a lot yesterday and was surprised to see NW get to the edge on OSU. It looked like the middle of the field was wide open.

I thought NW played hard and got the most out of their talent, but figured the Bucks would get past them.

Idk how much of the 22 missing players were guys their defense relies on, but if we see the same defense they brought yesterday Clemson will score at least 40.

I think our D is good enough to stop them enough times to win.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2020, 2:15 PM

We were missing our starting free safety (Hooker) and mike linebacker (Browning) plus two of our two deep DEs that get a lot of reps. Other than NU's two scoring drives, I thought they played pretty well.

Our front 7 has been our strength with two very good DTs in Garrett and Togiai with a seasoned linebacking group. I think they're better than ND. The secondary is where I have the biggest concern against Clemson. If we give up big plays, we're going to get blasted.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’ve heard osu fans say that their secondary is week this year.***

Dec 20, 2020, 2:01 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,270
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic