Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brownell and monte lee have done nothing for Clemson.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Brownell and monte lee have done nothing for Clemson.

Feb 1, 2020, 10:41 PM

Both are middle of the road coaches who will never see success at Clemson.

They haven't yet.....prove me wrong

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Brownell and monte lee have done nothing for Clemson.

Feb 1, 2020, 10:43 PM

To be fair, Jack never did anything Monte Didn't. CWS appearances mean 0 if you lose to me. Our baseball program has not been fighting to get in the tournament every year since Monte took over, plus he won an ACC title. Brownell is best were gonna get, people might as well accept it.

Feb 2, 2020, 12:08 AM

It really doesn’t mean much to comment on our baseball program when you clearly know nothing about our baseball program.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jstone D329 - “ It’s ok to want a coaching change”
Brownell @Clemson: 8 seasons ranked 50th or worse by Sports Reference’s SRS
1-29: Brad Brownell road record against ranked ACC opponents
142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

Feb 2, 2020, 11:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Brownell and monte lee have done nothing for Clemson. ]

I guess Coach Wilhelm didn't do very well either. I'll take disappointment after "following the Paw to Omaha," over not making it any day.

Feb 1, 2020, 11:42 PM

How about your coaches Stank Martin and Will CusCoot

Feb 2, 2020, 7:26 AM

All you can ask for is a chance and Monte gives us more than a chance so your statement is plain, well I won;t go there. This thing about not being able to do better than Brownell is just an out and out lie. If you pay they will come. If you get serious about being good in basketball you can. Hiring mid-tier coaches gets you mid-tier results. History is an excuse. Nobody has ever won anything until the have. Clemson football was never this dominant until they were. Like Dabo has said numerous times, you can't win a national championship without winning your conference and you can't win your conference without winning your division. It starts somewhere and history is an excuse. You can either live in the history or make your own and thank the goodness Dabo is about making his own history.

Well said.***

Feb 2, 2020, 8:50 AM

Feb 2, 2020, 10:22 AM

This isn’t even your dumbest post.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 2, 2020, 11:10 AM

Ok, then every year since monte has come in I get high hopes for baseball, it usually starts out with us taking a series against Duke, then we get a thrashing and reality check from a ranked Georgia, that usually shows how good we are early, right out the gate. Then don't even talk about the postseason. Cant even get out of our own regional, and usually that's AT Clemson. It's becoming a pattern.

Feb 2, 2020, 11:20 AM

What does this have to do with football?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 2, 2020, 11:45 AM

No disrespect to you but you are wrong. Plus I see you are a newbie with a pulse rating of 31%. Back to HC Brad B. He m is the only Clemson BB HC in 59 attempts to win in Chapel Hill. To me that says we maybe getting on the right track.Then they beat #3 Duke. Get behind Brad B. And Maybe some our lack of success maybe should be placed on the players and their failure to execute.

The win in Chapel Hill could be a sign the basketball team is on the verge of a break out. It may take a year or two. I know HC BB has been here 10 years but just remember how much catching up Clemson is doing with top ACC program’s.

I think people seem to forget even in the 70’s Clemson BB was years behind Duke, NC, at one time Wake and NC St. Now we have Syracuse, Louisville as well as other competitive schools to compete with.

Fans need to get behind Brad B. One week he is the man the next week he is the worst HC in CU BB history. How would you like to work under those conditions where you Job and your performance are under the microscope everyday. And don’t give me that BS it’s how it is in coaching or he makes plenty of money or some other reason why BB is open to full on frontal attacks. I would hate my job working under those conditions. And I would really hate having to participate in a weekly call in radio show where fans can ask questions.

I am certain the players and coaches read the new papers, listen to talk shows and hear the grumbling of fans. IMO Clemson basketball and baseball do not receive the close to the same fan support as football. Every season Fans verbally beat up Coach B and Clemson basketball.

Stay positive folks I believe our basketball team is on its way up now that the Chapel Hill curse has been broken, but Brad B and the team need our positive support.

Go Tigers!????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 2, 2020, 5:04 PM

Finally winning at UNC was awesome, but this is one of the worst teams UNC has ever had.

Feb 2, 2020, 6:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Brownell and monte lee have done nothing for Clemson. ]

No disrespect to you but you are wrong. Plus I see you are a newbie with a pulse rating of 31%. Back to HC Brad B. He m is the only Clemson BB HC in 59 attempts to win in Chapel Hill. To me that says we maybe getting on the right track.Then they beat #3 Duke. Get behind Brad B. And Maybe some our lack of success maybe should be placed on the players and their failure to execute.

The win in Chapel Hill could be a sign the basketball team is on the verge of a break out. It may take a year or two. I know HC BB has been here 10 years but just remember how much catching up Clemson is doing with top ACC program’s.

I think people seem to forget even in the 70’s Clemson BB was years behind Duke, NC, at one time Wake and NC St. Now we have Syracuse, Louisville as well as other competitive schools to compete with.

Fans need to get behind Brad B. One week he is the man the next week he is the worst HC in CU BB history. How would you like to work under those conditions where you Job and your performance are under the microscope everyday. And don’t give me that BS it’s how it is in coaching or he makes plenty of money or some other reason why BB is open to full on frontal attacks. I would hate my job working under those conditions. And I would really hate having to participate in a weekly call in radio show where fans can ask questions.

I am certain the players and coaches read the new papers, listen to talk shows and hear the grumbling of fans. IMO Clemson basketball and baseball do not receive the close to the same fan support as football. Every season Fans verbally beat up Coach B and Clemson basketball.

Stay positive folks I believe our basketball team is on its way up now that the Chapel Hill curse has been broken, but Brad B and the team need our positive support.

Go Tigers!????

The OP is a coot...

AKA DiamondKnowledge...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 2, 2020, 11:47 AM

Maybe you should change you screen name to mrpositive! ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, we did make the Sweet Sixteen a couple of years ago.

Feb 2, 2020, 12:38 PM

When was the last time we got that far, Elite Eight in the 1979-1980 season? I was a junior at Clemson during that season. I'm 61 years old today. So, Brad took us somewhere two years ago we hadn't been for 38 years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sweet 16 was nice but I don’t think we

Feb 2, 2020, 3:14 PM

Sniff the sweet 16 again for A very long time. I’m just going with the majority of this board; they want Brownell gone cause too inconsistent.

How about monte coaching job so far?

Go away. You don't fool anyone*******

Feb 2, 2020, 3:37 PM

Re: Go away. You don't fool anyone*******

Feb 2, 2020, 4:48 PM

These are important issues, or the truth, that need to be addressed! If you like sucking in basketball and baseball, then feel free to keep on doing it!

Re: Well, we did make the Sweet Sixteen a couple of years ago.

Feb 2, 2020, 5:02 PM [ in reply to Well, we did make the Sweet Sixteen a couple of years ago. ]

We made the sweet 16 in the late 90s under Barnes.

OP ...your comments show just how little

Feb 2, 2020, 6:22 PM

that you know about what coaches do or don’t do for the school.

If you want to complain , your target should be DRad not a coach that is doing everything he/she can to build and sustain a problem.

For me, I hope for improvements but choose not to slam the coaches that you chose.

It’s not like they have pulled a spurrier here?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 2, 2020, 6:36 PM

Shouldn't coots be watching women's basketball this weekend ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic