Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ON CADE KLUBNIK.....Just spoke with a close
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

ON CADE KLUBNIK.....Just spoke with a close

Feb 27, 2021, 11:24 AM

cousin, a former successful H.S. football coach in Texas, and he related that Klubnik is one helluva talent from Westlake...probably better than Simpson...and Westlake has produced some top talent: Dree Brees and Nick Foles, among others.

Said he believes the CB's to Clemson are accurate from what he's heard. Last words from him: GO TIGERS...GET HIM!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ON CADE KLUBNIK.....Just spoke with a close

Feb 27, 2021, 11:43 AM

good to hear. Wonder what became happened to the other two guys you mentiond? :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure......something about Saints and Bears or

Feb 27, 2021, 11:51 AM

the like. lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 27, 2021, 12:13 PM

Klubnik vs. Ewers (OSU commit)

https://www.statesman.com/story/sports/2021/01/16/state-championship-notes-meeting-star-qbs-westlakes-cade-klubnik-shines-brightest/4193030001/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 27, 2021, 12:59 PM

He completed 18 of 20 passes for 220 yards and a touchdown and had 17 carries for 97 yards, both career highs. 

220 is a career high?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 27, 2021, 1:10 PM

Carries and rushing yards would be the two career highs

Feb 27, 2021, 1:09 PM

He just looks like a Clemson man. He'd fit right in. As I said yesterday, reminds me of Jimmy Addison... Just a winner. I'm certainly more excited about him than I was with ty.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 27, 2021, 1:11 PM

Klubnik also looks like he is growing still and will get way stronger. I hope we get him. I love his film. He just has to mature more physically. He will be great.

Feb 27, 2021, 1:18 PM

Thanks for the update, Hartins! The stats comparison between Cade and Simpson agree with your cousin's assessment. I sincerely hope he commits soon.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Based on the limited highlights I've seen

Feb 27, 2021, 7:07 PM

He's every bit as good as Simpson. His arm talent may even be better.

Simpson might have a slight advantage in top end speed.

Here are highlights from the Texas 6A State championship game last month where Klubnik's team beats Quinn Ewers' team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8JbBVaBJPg

Good Night! Can he bring some of his O-line with him? That

Feb 28, 2021, 11:39 AM

High school’s big uglies looks like a small college!

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Re: Good Night! Can he bring some of his O-line with him? That

Feb 28, 2021, 12:01 PM

Texas 6A is pretty much as close as high school football gets to college football.

He made it look pretty easy in that state championship game,

Feb 28, 2021, 12:00 PM [ in reply to Based on the limited highlights I've seen ]

and since it was Texas, AND a state championship game, you have to assume the competition was pretty doggone good. He throws from a lot of "interesting" arm angles, and, this just in, the kid is FAST when on the hoof. He will have to learn to zip the ball more often at the college level, but the arm talent is undeniably there. I sure hope we get this one.

Re: He made it look pretty easy in that state championship game,

Feb 28, 2021, 12:03 PM

Like I said above, Texas 6A high school football is as close as it gets to college football at the high school level. There may be better singular schools other places, but from a consistency standpoint Texas 6A is the highest level of competition high school football has in the US.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic