Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OL's
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,459

OL's

Oct 21, 2018, 7:36 PM

I have not watched an entire Alabama game this year, but from what I have watched their strength is their OL. Not taking anything away from Tua or their receivers but there have been many instances where I have counted more than 8 seconds with no pass rush. Again I do not know how many rotate for them but a loss if they do not have experienceed backups their strength could become their weakness.

Many on tnet have criticized Clemson's O line. An Oline is continuity and communication. Having different QB's the 1st four games is not easy on an O line. Each QB handles RPO's differently. Those nuances cause havoc. I am not excusing them of poor play. There has been some, but not as much as they have been credited for. The coaches have also done a great job of playing multiple players at multiple positions which again is much more difficult than many realize. It is akin to teaching yourself how to be ambidextrous. Our O line has improved tremendously. I think they deserve a big shout out for all they have done and I am looking forward to there continued progress.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OL's

Oct 21, 2018, 7:42 PM

THis years class needs some. I think there is one committed so far.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2018, 7:45 PM

Agreed! I saw some of the best OL blocking yesterday than I've seen in a while. I'm very encouraged by the blocking improvement by TEs and H-back - and most particularly #44 H-back Garrett Williams. He nails the seal/kickout block nearly every time. The OLs are doing a great job on the down blocks and pulls as well. It's an entirely better O-line than I saw last year and they are working together as a unit.

Also , after watching Alabama this year, I found their best strength, and that is playing SEC schools that when Alabama scores they roll over belly up like a dead fish.

Message was edited by: Touch_The_Rock79

Oct 21, 2018, 7:49 PM

LOL

Their OL is always one of their strengths. It's the foundation of every great football team.

We will have to stunt and blitz to get consistent pressure. It will be interesting to see how mobile Tua is down the stretch. He's gimpy right now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bama's #1 attribute is their...

Oct 21, 2018, 7:46 PM

schedule. We'll see about their oline when they play LSU. LSU is probably a top 10 team which should give Tutu fits.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2018, 7:47 PM

If and when Webb commits I will be extremely happy with this years OL recruitment. He’s a leader, a difference maker and a key to making our OL becoming our biggest strength, along with QBU and WRU. It’s a tremendous key to our consistency in the playoffs every year.

It assures our ability to beat Bammer every year!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Oct 21, 2018, 8:00 PM

^^^^ this ^^^^

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2018, 8:04 PM

I have not watched an entire Alabama game this year, but from what I have watched their strength is their OL. Not taking anything away from Tua or their receivers but there have been many instances where I have counted more than 8 seconds with no pass rush. Again I do not know how many rotate for them but a loss if they do not have experienceed backups their strength could become their weakness.

Many on tnet have criticized Clemson's O line. An Oline is continuity and communication. Having different QB's the 1st four games is not easy on an O line. Each QB handles RPO's differently. Those nuances cause havoc. I am not excusing them of poor play. There has been some, but not as much as they have been credited for. The coaches have also done a great job of playing multiple players at multiple positions which again is much more difficult than many realize. It is akin to teaching yourself how to be ambidextrous. Our O line has improved tremendously. I think they deserve a big shout out for all they have done and I am looking forward to there continued progress.

Please stop apostrophe abuse!

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ClemTigs

Oct 21, 2018, 8:28 PM

Agreed. Not to take anything away from him, but watching replays of many of the 'amazing' plays he makes, he could take a smoke break and still have time to throw it. Not even a D player in his throwing lane. IF he wins the Heisman, he needs to give it to his OL.

Oct 21, 2018, 8:30 PM

Sorry, to be clear, I was referring to 'bamer's OL.

Also, I agree our OL is really starting to gel.

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,459
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic