Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OK you Bourbon lovers, pull out the credit card
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

OK you Bourbon lovers, pull out the credit card

Mar 3, 2021, 2:59 PM

PAPPY VAN WINKLE
OLD RIP VAN WINKLE // 25 YEAR BOURBON // 750 ML

Julian "Pappy" Van Winkle hadn't always planned to enter the bourbon business, but his impact on the industry continues to be felt generations later. Pappy went into the endeavor with the philosophy of product over profit. It was that simple to him, and stayed that simple for more than 100 years.

To create the distinct Rip van Winkle 25 Year Bourbon, the barrels were first distilled in 1989 and stored on the lower levels of a metal clad warehouse at the Van Winkle family distillery in Shively, Kentucky. In 2002, the barrels were moved to the Buffalo Trace Distillery where they continued to age for another 12 years. After those 25 years, the bourbon was finished with notes of caramel, vanilla, and soft oak. Oak is the predominant taste that stands out, but it's not as overpowering as you might expect from 25-year-old bourbon. The sweet sugars hold up and provide an excellent balance and flavor complexity to the forward tasting oak. The finish on the bourbon is mid-range with very little thickness and bite.

Each bottle of Rip van Winkle 25 Year Bourbon is packaged in handmade glass from Glencairn Crystal Studio. Each and every bottle is numbered with a silver stopper and signed by Van Winkle. They are then presented in a wooden box crafted with the staves from the 11 barrels.

Product Details
OriginUnited States
— Volume: 750 ml
— Alcohol Percentage: 50%
— Proof: 100
— Age: 25 Years
— Nose: Caramel, Vanilla, Soft Oak
—Taste: Oak, Sugar, Balanced
— Finish: Little Thickness & Bite
— Maturation Time: 12 Years in American White Oak Barrels
— Distiller: Originally Distilled at Stitzel-Weller & Released Via The Old Rip Van Winkle Distillery & Bottled By Buffalo Trace
— Yield: 11 Barrels Yielding 710 Handmade Glass Decanters From the Glencairn Crystal Studio
— Geographical Indication: Kentucky, United States

https://www.touchofmodern.com/sales/pappy-van-winkle-9d99d481-30e3-499f-bd64-09eb658019ca/old-rip-van-winkle-25-year-bourbon-750-ml

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wouldn't do a shot of this off

Mar 3, 2021, 3:00 PM

of FBCoachSC® belly and blame it on @mMauldinT®

--- clemsonrulez08®, probably

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wrong

Mar 3, 2021, 3:20 PM

This is a unicorn bottle for anyone that is serious about bourbon.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Re: so the "discounted" shipping is only $350

Mar 3, 2021, 3:15 PM

I'll just grab some white label Jimmy

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pro Tip:

Mar 3, 2021, 3:16 PM

White Label Evan

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Hall's in Charleston was doing $500 pours for a charitable

Mar 3, 2021, 3:19 PM

cause not too long ago (might still be some in the bottle at that price). I Noah guy who had 2 of them in his collection last time I was at his place like 4 years ago. He got 2 of the 8 that were allocated to SC, and he got them for around $4K per because he's a slick lil bastardo with lots of connections. I've seen them go on the secondary for $12-17K in the last 6 months.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Speaking of Pappy - picked up this book by Wright Thompson

Mar 3, 2021, 3:19 PM

Just started it yesterday.

https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/544605/pappyland-by-wright-thompson/

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic