Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
well, count this guy out of the coaching search....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

well, count this guy out of the coaching search....

Jun 4, 2015, 6:51 PM

https://twitter.com/aaronfitt/status/606587136632975360

Aaron Fitt
?@aaronfitt
Spoke with Michigan coach Erik Bakich, who said he wants no part of the #Clemson coaching search. "My loyalty is to Jack Leggett."

6:23 PM - 4 Jun 2015

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

expect more of the same and an I told you so

Jun 4, 2015, 6:55 PM

I hope I end up eating crow but I told you no decent top coach would come here if we fired Jack. Should have paid him to leave and parted amicably.
Mark my words - we will hire low and cross our fingers. And in 5 years be no better off.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:How can we be any worse off? We no longer had a

Jun 4, 2015, 7:15 PM

decent coach.

Re:How can we be any worse off? We no longer had a

Jun 4, 2015, 7:18 PM

Tommy west and ken hatfield said hello

Re: We had no choice, Ford had to go.***

Jun 4, 2015, 7:43 PM

HOF BS post of "ever"!!!!!!!!!***

Jun 4, 2015, 9:15 PM

What?***

Jun 4, 2015, 9:22 PM [ in reply to Re: We had no choice, Ford had to go.*** ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: expect more of the same and an I told you so

Jun 4, 2015, 7:16 PM [ in reply to expect more of the same and an I told you so ]

Well good thing this guy is out he has a record of 129–154. I woudlnt call that decent.

null

Re: well, count this guy out of the coaching search....

Jun 4, 2015, 6:58 PM

I wish Dixie beer was still being brewed, although it's been so long since I had one I wonder whether it was the name or the taste that made me like it so much.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Going to hear that a LOT, imho*

Jun 4, 2015, 6:58 PM

Re: Going to hear that a LOT, imho*

Jun 4, 2015, 7:01 PM

Hate to break it to the Michigan coach but I don't think his name was on the list !!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2015, 7:04 PM

Yeah, that was my first thought also.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agree***

Jun 4, 2015, 7:20 PM

Name sure was on many lists............

Jun 4, 2015, 7:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Going to hear that a LOT, imho* ]

and I believe his response will be the same as a large number of other coaches

Jun 4, 2015, 7:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Going to hear that a LOT, imho* ]

He was Corbin's main assistant for 6 years and spent a year here on staff in 2002. He would have been an excellent choice and has been on a lot of lists circulating today which is probably what prompted a response. He was also seen as a more realistic possibility since he isn't as directly tied to Leggett. That he would be that pointed and public should be very concerning. He was also head coach at Maryland before taking the Michigan job. More evidence that most vocal detractors don't really know college baseball.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2015, 7:18 PM

His record is 129–154. Stop pretending like this guy was some baseball god.

He was 70–98 20–70 at Maryland for 3 years.

null

Jun 4, 2015, 7:29 PM

Are you familiar with the term straw man argument? If not, please look it up. If not, please refrain from using them with me. please again. I do make an effort to respond when people respond to me but it becomes impossible when you say things like this. And while I slip up from time to time, I try to keep it civil. I never said he was "a baseball God." By attempting to attack him you are completely ignoring the underlying point forcing me to address something totally off topic (his being a God) while you've completely ignored the point of my post. It's like you think you win the argument on the Internet because you typed the last post. My point is that his name has been brought up (it has - it's been on Twitter all day and two separate people texted me specifically asking what I knew about him today). Head coaches do not usually go on the record in such a dramatic fashion about these kind of situations. It suggests that there is a certain comfort level with such a strong condemnation of the situation. He is clearly no a coach who should have no interest in the Clemson job. If he does feel way it suggests their might be a tremendous amount of pressure within the coaching community to feel that way. That would not be a good thing for our prospects for the next coach.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2015, 7:30 PM

Holy #### the guy who keeps bringing up Philip Fulmer is accusing others of straw manning....

null

Jun 4, 2015, 7:39 PM

Philip Fulmer was a succesful coach who was fired by his school because they thought that they should be competing for conference and national titles every season. They disregarded his previous success and any other factors that might have contributed to their slip and decided that a head coaching change was the single most important way to restore their status. How is that not exactly what we have done. does Jack not have a record of tremendous success over his first 17 years? Did Clemson not institute changes both to facilities and admission/scholarship policies set to take affect next year? Did the coach alone impact the success of our team? If these facilities and admission changes aren't significant than why are we doing them? If they are significant then why not offer the 22 year veteran with 17 years of elite productivity the opportunity to use them? Those are the issues.

Two for two in this thread you ignore everything I'm saying and start a tangent.

Jun 4, 2015, 7:42 PM

No because you using ONE example as what will happen here is just dumb.

They made a bad hire to replace him that does not mean that we will do the same.

I really hope that you are not in charge of any decision making. If you were in charge we would still have some really bad coaches at Clemson.

Fact is Jack was not performing. I guess in your mind we should have just rode his train off the cliff before making a change?

Do you still completely ignore all stats? All Facts? All Trend lines? All lack of championships?

What is your sad attachment to this man that makes you put him ABOVE the University.

null

Jun 4, 2015, 7:53 PM

I've actually used several examples - Fulmer, Friedgen, Hatfield, Odom, Horn. The entire history of Michigan football and basketball in my adult life. By and large running off succesful coaches has not paid dividends in college athletics. With the 4 to play 5 recruiting cycle continuity is essential for success.

I counter you with B.Bowden and Jimbo Fisher.***

Jun 4, 2015, 9:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Going to hear that a LOT, imho* ]

Re: I counter you with B.Bowden and Jimbo Fisher.***

Jun 4, 2015, 9:28 PM

Multiple times I've pointed out they didn't fire Bowden, clean house, then bring in someone new. Fischer was the coach in waiting and responsible for most of the talent. There was little impact on continuity. Not the same at all.

Re: Then i guess we might as well shut the program down.

Jun 4, 2015, 7:19 PM [ in reply to Going to hear that a LOT, imho* ]

The Jzck Leg won't be coming back.

I am afraid you are totally correct.***

Jun 4, 2015, 9:19 PM [ in reply to Going to hear that a LOT, imho* ]

Jun 4, 2015, 7:02 PM

I'll just be over here shaking my head saying I tried to warn them. Can't wait to see all Jack's haters pretend to be excited about an FCS school coach and our first losing season in forever next year.

Jun 4, 2015, 7:12 PM

lol this guy wasnt even in the running easy for him to come out and say BS like this.

His overall record is 129–154

null

Jun 4, 2015, 7:15 PM [ in reply to Re: well, count this guy out of the coaching search.... ]

It almost sounds as if you're hoping the new coach has a losing season. I hope you're not too heartbroken if we win 45 games next year . . . . . And, no, I'm not a Jack hater.

Jun 4, 2015, 7:32 PM

I've said before, and will say again, I hope I'm wrong. There were plenty of people who did hope Jack would fail and did they're best to make it happen. Since 2011 Clemson baseball games win/lose have been a fairly miserable experience. In 2011, up 2-0 in our own regional all I heard was people grousing about Jack and even if we win we're just gonna lose to SCar.

OK, that's fair***

Jun 4, 2015, 7:35 PM

Jun 4, 2015, 7:19 PM [ in reply to Re: well, count this guy out of the coaching search.... ]

I don't know what the record will be next year, but I am certain of this -- it would have been one of the worst in school history had we kept things the way they were!

Jun 4, 2015, 7:33 PM

Good to see your warming up the it's Jack's fault excuse for the next coach. thanks Obama!

Jun 4, 2015, 7:36 PM

Next year will be rough regardless of who the coach is.

We lose Crownover and Erwin and have no one lined up to replace them.

null

Jun 4, 2015, 7:41 PM

So how many years does the new guy get before it counts. Obviously none of the impediments Jack faced warranted consideration in his case? Why does the new guy get the benefit?

Jun 4, 2015, 7:43 PM

Wow... lets see maybe he would get the benefit since the pitching staff being in the condition it is would be the fault of the previous staff?

Are you really that dense?

Its going to be really sad seeing people like you on here pulling for Clemson to lose next year just because you apparently are Jack Leggett fans and not Clemson fans.

null

Jun 4, 2015, 7:49 PM

Dude - I actually go to games so quit trying to make it personal. You had concrete reasons for wanting Jack gone. You ought to have concrete expectations of his successor. What are they? Seriously, I would like to know. It's already clear that whoever aphas a free pass next year. What if we don't make the tournament for 2 years? 3 years? Losing ACC record 3 years in a row? What would the cutoff be? What about 5 seasons in and we only make a regional year 4 and 5, never host, never advance? Do we fire then? I seriously want to know what your expectation of the next coach is.

Message was edited by: viztiz®

Jun 4, 2015, 7:54 PM

My expectations are the same as they were for Jack. Good fundamental baseball and Championships.

null

Re: We would have had one anyway. No use in delaying it.***

Jun 4, 2015, 7:24 PM [ in reply to Re: well, count this guy out of the coaching search.... ]

Jun 4, 2015, 9:12 PM [ in reply to Re: well, count this guy out of the coaching search.... ]

Virtiz, there is no FCS in baseball. The "F" in FCS stands for football. All baseball teams have the same scholarship limits
unless they are Division II or III. Furman, Wofford, PC, Citadel, College of Charleston, Coastal Carolina, Georgia Southern, Western Carolina, Appalachian State, Winthrop, etc are all Division I schools in all sports except football.

Jun 4, 2015, 9:30 PM

I am well aware there is no FCS in baseball. But since 300+ teams are lumped together under D1 I was trying to draw some distinction. They are still FCS schools regardless of whether we're talking about baseball or not.

Don't need all of them to say yes just 1....

Jun 4, 2015, 7:06 PM

2 coaches in 60 years proves you can make a career here so its not like you are coming to Clemson to move up the chain. Plus the right money can make the right man say yes. Also you are not going to see a lot of these coaches come out publicly and say they're interested and get into a sticky situation with their current employer. These things tend to go through the backdoor. Coaches know when you say something it goes straight to social media so they'll be careful what they say.....

Cioaches know, if they haven't been contacted BEFORE

Jun 4, 2015, 7:07 PM

a move is made,they aren't in contention for the job, so they can say things like they're taking the high ground.

Jun 4, 2015, 7:12 PM

Oh noes whatever will we do without a HC who has an overall record of 129–154

null

OH NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!***

Jun 4, 2015, 7:44 PM

Jun 4, 2015, 9:11 PM

I'd call that a big "Screw You Radkovich."

> https://twitter.com/aaronfitt/status/60658713663297536
> 0
>
>
> Aaron Fitt
> ?@aaronfitt
> Spoke with Michigan coach Erik Bakich, who said he
> wants no part of the #Clemson coaching search. "My
> loyalty is to Jack Leggett."
>
> 6:23 PM - 4 Jun 2015

From a coach with a losing record

Jun 4, 2015, 9:24 PM

Not a screw U if he never was in contention.

Jack decsion aside. If trouble replacing, maybe DRad goes.

Jun 4, 2015, 9:26 PM [ in reply to Re: well, count this guy out of the coaching search.... ]

To this point his hires have been pitiful.

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic