Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OC's Need to Prepare for all out blitz by Tide
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

OC's Need to Prepare for all out blitz by Tide

Dec 31, 2018, 10:20 AM

I'm sure the Alabama is going to notice that when ND blitzed Trevor it worked most of the time, so you can bet they are bringing the heat early and often. Our offensive coordinators need to prepare game plan for this, such as rolling out, inside screens, shuttle pass to ETN, running backing drifting into flat, etc. We need to have a plan to break their back when they send blitzes because they are coming. It really hurts us that the only weakness on our offense is the lack of a good blocking tight end who is a threat as receiver. What do you think.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OC's Need to Prepare for all out blitz by Tide

Dec 31, 2018, 10:25 AM

I think you need to tell the coaches and not us. Our OL and OL coach had been disrespected all year by too many of our fans. We are 14-0 and looking at 15-0 and you don't do that with a weak OL. Looked to me like after the first couple of series CU adjusted, Thanks Caldwell, and it's was lights out from then on. Now tell me how many points did Notre Dame score in our game? I think it was their OL line that got abused and I think Ian Book will agree.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2018, 10:30 AM

I was not saying anything negative about our O-line. Just need to prepare a game plan to break the blitz. When they are blitzing it usually leave man coverage or middle open. I'm just saying get a game plan in place to compensate for blitz; be prepared.

Dec 31, 2018, 10:32 AM

A up tempo offensive plan will be our friend.

I hope they do because our receivers will beat their DB's

Dec 31, 2018, 10:35 AM

and at some point ETN will bust a long one or two.

It's a good thing that TNet is

Dec 31, 2018, 11:20 AM

essentially a direct line to the coaches I'm sure they're thankful will figured this out for them. What would they do without us? ;).

Re: It's a good thing that TNet is

Dec 31, 2018, 2:13 PM

I have full confidence in our coaching staff, but this is a discussion board for fans so I wanted to discuss this issue. Sorry you were offended; well not really.

Dec 31, 2018, 3:21 PM

You apparently missed the TU I gave you post. In TNet parlance, that indicates approval of your message. :)

Dec 31, 2018, 3:22 PM

YOUR post... the TU I gave your post.

Dec 31, 2018, 3:27 PM [ in reply to Re: It's a good thing that TNet is ]

I think you made a legit point. Every team has started off stacking the box and blitzing Trevor with the exception of NC State. It always takes us a quarter to get going. I know the first few series are scripted but I’d like to see a few different wrinkles. Love to see RB screen to offset the pressure and get them on their heels early. I’ll admit Tony Elliot and co know a bit more than I do but figured I’d give my 0.02 anyway.

It is redundant that our scripted first plays are always the

Dec 31, 2018, 3:43 PM

same plays and typically fail.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I might mention that...

Dec 31, 2018, 3:37 PM

just because we haven't seen it doesn't mean we don't have it. We totally set ND up by sandbagging against USuCk. There's no way our secondary could be that bad then become a shut out team in that short a time.

I believe Trevor worked on a lot more than sliding and his timing with our WRs in between the CCG and the playoff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic