Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
O Cry O St. was a better team Last Year!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 997

O Cry O St. was a better team Last Year!

Dec 20, 2020, 1:04 PM

The Buck Nuts recruit well! There is no question about it. But, in the limited times I have seen them they are:

***not as good at running the ball.
***defensive back field doesn't communicate well.
***talented; but not as deep in pass rushers. They have some - but they are young!
***fields can be baited into int's and relies heavily on pre-snap which is a fatal flaw vs. BV.
***could be a product of the blocking; but Dobbins is > Sermon. Dobbins worried me Sermon doesn't as much.

Just like our super talented - but inexperienced players! It takes a while. The bucknuts didn't have "a while" and now those talented new starters will have to do it against guys who have 5 more games(just inexperienced or new players to inexperienced or new players) under their belts. And, in my clearly biased opinion, have the aid of better coaching. And, having played tougher opponents(ND twice and Miami). Just comparing new players from last season alone - I see an advantage for Clemson.

I love our chances in this game for the above mentioned reasons! p.s. I am aware Sermon had a huge game versus NW. But, they were dropping eight leaving only 3 people to block a they were bound and determined not to get beat by the pass. Not sure they had to do that as other teams played them more straight up and they were not able to run the ball effectively/consistently with the RB. Fields had some off ###### rushing yards. But, not buckeye RB's up until yesterday when NW took a big gamble.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: O Cry O St. was a better team Last Year!

Dec 24, 2020, 3:42 PM

Totally agree not the same team. However, not sure why Teague only got 2 carries against NW. Teague had a breakout game against psu... But really didn't do much after that. He and sermon split duties until the NW game. Teague did a good job rehab on the Achilles but not sure if he got re injured or what. Also got to consider fields go to guy olave didn't play either at NW, along with the other WR.

Dabo's right about one thing, not much film to pick up tendancies etc.

OSU with the exception of NW has started fast but let teams back in the game late. Fields has pretty much played deep in every game. You're spot on, make him beat us with his arm and not legs.

As for recruiting, again, young and new coaches with backend comm. Do they get that corrected in a week? Not sure. Also a mystery on who gets to come back and play. So far haven't heard any more on b1g moving the covid 21 day up or not.

I'm sure they're practicing with them nonetheless. I fully expect to see the entire squad. But I'd definitely test fields throwing thumb.

Not sure what pile of crap psu stepped in but by a mile is the most talented atheletes osu has had to compete against. Indys having a great year by their standards but reg year maybe 8-4 or possibly a 9-3 team. But still, less psu, all teams faced to date have 4 yr avg recruiting rank classes in the 50 ish rank.

By and far, we've faced much stiffer competition in vtech, and BC in addition to uva, Miami and ND.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 997
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic