Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What are you guys's thoughts on the 5 heart schollys?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 81
| visibility 1

What are you guys's thoughts on the 5 heart schollys?

Jan 21, 2016, 10:06 PM

Haven't seen anything posted and wanted to get y'alls assessment of the impending doom of our football team.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What are you guys's thoughts on the 5 heart schollys?

Jan 21, 2016, 10:07 PM

our starting RBs need someone to pound on in practice.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Muschamp offers them, we laugh. If Dabo offers them,

Jan 21, 2016, 10:12 PM

then we celebrate. Pretty much how it works.

I'm getting tired of it.

Jan 21, 2016, 10:15 PM

Too many on the roster. Trapp, Greenlee, Dawkins, Davis twins, and now Turner. Our special teams should be filled with 3-4 star players. Instead, we've got the Davis twins trying to be wedge gap busters.

Renfrow, Denzel Johnson, BJ Goodson, TJ Green were great takes. Evaluated by the staff and approved. The ones where Dabo is doing a favor for close friends are not D1 players.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: I'm getting tired of it.

Jan 21, 2016, 10:17 PM

I doubt we are turning anyone away to take this kid. But yeah...

Hard to compare Renfrow. We didn't offer him a scholly

Jan 21, 2016, 10:23 PM [ in reply to I'm getting tired of it. ]

He walked on and earned it.

Re: Hard to compare Renfrow. We didn't offer him a scholly

Jan 21, 2016, 10:30 PM

hunter was 5-9 160 when he got to clemson. this kid is 6-2 180. slight difference i would say. amazing to me, mind boggling really, that anyone with a peanut for a brain could b!tch about clemson recruiting.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2016, 10:44 PM

I like Hunter Renfrow just like the next fan, but let's not get carried away. On his best day he's never been close to 6'2. He's listed 5'11 but is more like 5'10.

Jan 21, 2016, 10:46 PM

uh the kid from bama is 6-2. use the peanut for reading comp.

Jan 21, 2016, 11:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Hard to compare Renfrow. We didn't offer him a scholly ]

If Hunter Renfrow stands 6 foot 2 , then Tree Rollins was only 6'4" .
C'mon Man.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 21, 2016, 10:26 PM [ in reply to I'm getting tired of it. ]

Tiger, if you continue to get more tired of it than you already are, what's next? You gonna quit pulling for the Tigers? I'm just a fan who has no say-so in anything. So all I can do is pull for them until I die. Unless you have some kind of control over who Dabo recruits it's useless to complain about it. I just don't get people who have issues with who this coaching staff brings in. We have no control, plus they just played for a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. How in the world can anybody find it in themselves to complain about anything with this program? Maybe it's just me, but I just can't fathom it. Not trying to start a message board spat with you. All I'm saying is you are wasting you're time complaining about it. I like you're recruiting insight though.

Jan 21, 2016, 10:49 PM

Just answering the OPs question.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Great post. Me personally -

Jan 22, 2016, 7:14 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm getting tired of it. ]

loosing a lot of respect for TW ..... not that it matters one whit to anyone, anywhere.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Jan 21, 2016, 10:37 PM [ in reply to I'm getting tired of it. ]

How do NFL teams have special teams?

They only have 46 players dress out. We have 65 dress out on the road.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Gets it.***

Jan 21, 2016, 11:38 PM

Jan 21, 2016, 10:52 PM [ in reply to I'm getting tired of it. ]

Gotta disagree. We have to fill out an 85 man roster. All of them can't be starters.

Jan 21, 2016, 10:57 PM [ in reply to I'm getting tired of it. ]

Add Nick Schuessler - roommate's player. Rated 71 by ESPN - the lowest rating on the team except J.D. Davis (69). Signed in 2012 & is a back-up to a back-up. Great idea though, I guess, according to TigerNet. These fans think we should sign every 4 & 5*. They obviously have not looked at the roster. 85 is the max, people! How did you avoid a "Tell'em Coot"? I'm sure I'll get a quite a few.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This x100***

Jan 21, 2016, 11:10 PM [ in reply to I'm getting tired of it. ]

"Excuse me? I don't go down to your work and tell you how to flip the burger!"

I wonder why no college football program

Jan 21, 2016, 11:12 PM [ in reply to I'm getting tired of it. ]

has made you their recruiting coordinator yet? Dabo is one of the best recruiters in the country, so the fact you know more than he does should earn you a job quickly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I wonder why no college football program

Jan 21, 2016, 11:17 PM

You do realize this is a very idiotic argument right? It not Tnet's judgement vs Dabo... It's 64 other P5 head coaches judgment vs Dabo's.

How many of those 64 coaches had a better

Jan 21, 2016, 11:26 PM

season than Dabo did?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

give me a sec...

Jan 21, 2016, 11:40 PM

d@mmit

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: How many of those 64 coaches had a better

Jan 21, 2016, 11:48 PM [ in reply to How many of those 64 coaches had a better ]

Uh... Seriously? How about the one that offer Mr. Turner as a preferred walk on?

step away from the

Jan 21, 2016, 11:50 PM

bong

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

So should I assume the one you're referring to

Jan 21, 2016, 11:55 PM [ in reply to Re: How many of those 64 coaches had a better ]

has a recruiting class that's ranked higher than ours is right now?

you should assume everything and nothing

Jan 21, 2016, 11:56 PM

tnet rule #26

Re: So should I assume the one you're referring to

Jan 22, 2016, 12:06 AM [ in reply to So should I assume the one you're referring to ]

The one who just won his 5th national title and 4th one in 7 years. But hey, I guess he doesn't know talent evaluation.

is it hard to sound

Jan 22, 2016, 12:08 AM

so stupid?

do you practice?

Re: is it hard to sound

Jan 22, 2016, 12:10 AM

Just on your mom

What?***

Jan 22, 2016, 7:11 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

If you think I said Saban can't evaluate talent

Jan 22, 2016, 9:11 AM [ in reply to Re: So should I assume the one you're referring to ]

then you're hard of reading.

You said Dabo is judged against the 64 other P5 coaches. But how many of them had a better season than Dabo did?

Your answer is one, Saban. And don't look now, but with only 17 commits, we have the 8th best class in the country coming in. We have the potential to have the #1 and #2 ranked recruits from this class. Last I checked (not sure if this is still true) but Clemson was tied for the most recruits from the Rivals Top 250. This coaching staff has beaten some of the most historic football programs in the nation over the last several years, and went toe to toe with the best in what was one of the greatest national championship games of all time. Oh and you know what's even better? Our 2017 class is going to be loaded. Also, want to get into GPA's and graduation rates?

But please, keep going about the shortcomings of our coaching staff due to offering this kid a scholarship.

Duh. What were 63 of these coaches doing during

Jan 21, 2016, 11:42 PM [ in reply to Re: I wonder why no college football program ]

the national championship finals?

either playing charades or attending the

Jan 21, 2016, 11:43 PM

Tiger Woods recruiting conference

Re: either playing charades or attending the

Jan 22, 2016, 12:07 AM

Why don't you go study some of the Clemson to Big12 rumors? That got us far...

Re: Duh. What were 63 of these coaches doing during

Jan 21, 2016, 11:53 PM [ in reply to Duh. What were 63 of these coaches doing during ]

So now we've narrowed the pool of respected talent evaluators down to coaches who coached in the 2015 national title game. Nobody else has any authority.

You know it's okay to question things in life, righ?. Do it sometime, you might be pleasantly surprised. You might even get a raise out of it. It doesn't mean you want to watch the world burn if you done go along with every single thing that is put in front of you.

this post is absolutely dripping with

Jan 21, 2016, 11:55 PM

the stupid

Re: this post is absolutely dripping with

Jan 22, 2016, 12:08 AM

Logic, it's not for everybody.

clearly***

Jan 22, 2016, 12:09 AM

Our staff has proven to be one of the

Jan 22, 2016, 12:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Duh. What were 63 of these coaches doing during ]

best in the country at evaluating talent. They proved it by making it to the final game. To question them in talent evaluation seems stupid to me.

seeing as how I am a die hard tiger and also from the south

Jan 22, 2016, 12:07 AM

I fully expect Dabo to offer my kid in a few years

I'll stop questioning Dabo when we make the playoffs***

Jan 21, 2016, 11:39 PM [ in reply to I wonder why no college football program ]

I just can't comprehend how people can

Jan 21, 2016, 11:43 PM

still question Dabo's recruiting. It's idiotic

you expect something less than idiotic from the majority

Jan 21, 2016, 11:44 PM

here?

This assumes you have 3-4 star players ready to commit and

Jan 22, 2016, 12:05 AM [ in reply to I'm getting tired of it. ]

you are turning them away. Is this the case? I know you feel like it should be, but is it really the case?

not arguing...I am asking.

Now another question is should we save the scholarship if we don't have another option.

pretty sure it's hilarious & brings out the best in folk...***

Jan 21, 2016, 10:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's what TNet's for. belittling 17-18 year old students.***

Jan 21, 2016, 10:19 PM

apparently, hopeful a good cry make it all mo better.***

Jan 21, 2016, 10:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Should we make a 4* and up only rule?***

Jan 21, 2016, 10:25 PM

we have a bunch of scout team posters, it seems a double

Jan 21, 2016, 10:28 PM

standard and double standards are wrong.

Re: we have a bunch of scout team posters, it seems a double

congrats on your fifth star BTW. possible your new title will be awarded at 63017? Nojuan said it coodn't be a prime number.

5? that's pedestrian; holding out for potentate or the juan

Jan 21, 2016, 10:38 PM

to rule them all.

now that's got a ring to it...

Re: 5? that's pedestrian; holding out for potentate or the juan***

Jan 21, 2016, 10:39 PM

elves...

Jan 21, 2016, 10:41 PM

bunch of whiny ######; some of them post here.

Josey Wales just spit...

Jan 21, 2016, 10:44 PM

Ole red legs is about to get it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

it's sad that governments are ruled by the double tongues...***

Jan 21, 2016, 10:47 PM

Re: it's sad that governments are ruled by the double tongues...******

Jan 21, 2016, 10:49 PM

Now we're really going to show these palefaces something!

Jan 21, 2016, 10:51 PM

No offense

Why would we settle for 4? Are you implying that

Jan 21, 2016, 10:28 PM [ in reply to Should we make a 4* and up only rule?*** ]

Our coaches might know how to evaluate players and know who has potential and character and fit our system better than ESPN or rivals or whoever? I was really hoping to hear from allin52 on this. He made a pro-Clemson statement once.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good point. 85 5* players and we'd never lose again. Why

don't we do that?

Re: Good point. 85 5* players and we'd never lose again. Why

Jan 21, 2016, 10:35 PM

Per Chesty Puller's logic, 63 5 stars riding the bench would be Armageddon.

Well then we could have 4 separate teams that each play one

Jan 21, 2016, 10:37 PM

quarter

no drop off and clemson wood kill the eye test; gerand...

Jan 21, 2016, 10:40 PM

teed.

maybe do subs en masse like hockey?***

Jan 21, 2016, 10:41 PM

Re: maybe do subs en masse like hockey?***

Jan 21, 2016, 10:43 PM

hmm, we could have 20 targeting ejections per game and not bat an eyelash. I see were this is going

Maybe boosters could put bounties on opposing QB's***

Jan 21, 2016, 10:45 PM

Re: Maybe boosters could put bounties on opposing QB's***

Jan 21, 2016, 10:50 PM

we could hire Buddy Ryan to coach special teams

Jan 21, 2016, 10:54 PM [ in reply to Maybe boosters could put bounties on opposing QB's*** ]

Enough studs to have a team for each quarter. Genius, I love it. How did you take chesty idea and improve it. Lol look what you've started here.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2016, 10:54 PM

Lol

I disagree with this on principle alone.

Jan 21, 2016, 11:00 PM [ in reply to Maybe boosters could put bounties on opposing QB's*** ]

What if their qb is a legacy recruit?

Now this has promise***

Jan 21, 2016, 10:44 PM [ in reply to maybe do subs en masse like hockey?*** ]

Nm

idk, i'm d@mn sure they know how to build a team & that's

Jan 21, 2016, 10:31 PM [ in reply to Why would we settle for 4? Are you implying that ]

what really matters.

people having concerns is kewl, the way they vent those not always as kewl.

well said***

Jan 21, 2016, 10:33 PM

Nm

Re: apparently, hopeful a good cry make it all mo better.***

Jan 21, 2016, 10:58 PM [ in reply to apparently, hopeful a good cry make it all mo better.*** ]

It's Dabo's call because he's making the
megabucks and we aren't.

If we were 15-0 I wouldn't care but since we lost

Jan 21, 2016, 10:20 PM

One game by 5 points that was in our reach and can easily point to several plays any of wish could have changed the game i.e. We were in the position to win, I say we take recruiting out of Dabo's hands.

To be serious for a second though I do have to say that

It seems like a lot here lately. But #### our offense is good and we are getting some ridiculous defensive recruits. Go Tigers!

My thought is that Nolan Turner is the newest Tiger and

that means I've got his back. Hopefully the players similar to him take all the old man moaning on here as fuel to take it even further.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2016, 10:26 PM

I think this topic has been thoroughly flushed down the toilet multiple times. He's- Tiger. Welcome aboard. I hope he breaks all records but at some point people have to have something else to talk about. He'll confirms, tampons, chickens anything would be better than 40 threads rehashing the same stuff and dumping on a kid that just committed to Clemson. Go Tigers

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

That's kinda why I made the thread.***

Jan 21, 2016, 10:28 PM

I got your sarcasm Robertn and appreciate

It even if others don't. Guessing some db didn't get mine when they thumbed me down. Oh well I might survive. How someone can argue anything but we are exactly where we want to be is beyond me. Can we do some things better? Of course, but I completely trust direction of Dabo's program.

Jan 21, 2016, 10:57 PM

Dabo is the head coach. I say let him run the team. The man does not like to lose. His paycheck does not like it when he loses. He has more reasons for his team to be successful than any of us.

Having leaders and chemistry on the team is a big factor

Jan 22, 2016, 12:03 AM

Pros have a 45 man roster. We get 85. If we use 5 for various chemistry, leadership, loyalty reasons, I have no problem with it. This is why a 2-3 scholarship limit imposed by NCAA when rules are broken amounts to a slap on the wrist and has very little effect on a team by itself.

Did you watch this kids film?

Jan 22, 2016, 7:40 AM

Fantastic instincts. Not afraid to hit at all. The kid is a thumper. Good hands. Good height. Good frame. Could easily add 20 lbs over next couple of years. Only question mark may be straight line speed. Didn't get a great feel on film of his speed.

Alabama... Who is stacked at DB numbers wise offered him as a preferred walk on, so he doesn't suck.

As far as some of the other kids go... I trust Dabo. Are some of the picks likely about chemistry? Yes. So what. It's one of the reasons we are winning.

Remember this... no one was looking at Gallman as an RB or offering his teammate Carter at all. Dabo did.

Let it ride... we are gonna be okay.

I am a bitter and angry man.

Replies: 81
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic