Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
GITT with a possibly bullchit story your Grandpa told you
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 600

GITT with a possibly bullchit story your Grandpa told you

Dec 3, 2020, 8:31 AM

Not my granddad, but my wife's:

He was in WWII but got there the day Hitler shot himself. They put him in Austria as a guard in a POW camp. His job was to take the local German soldiers who have turned themselves in after Hitler's death and go into the town and watch them as they rebuilt the buildings etc that were bombed (apparently these prisoners all lived in this town. They went back home then turned themselves in or something).

One day they are at a church that was hit by a bomb and was digging down into the ground to fix some pipes or something. Across the road was the graveyard of the church and a funeral was going on.

One of the prisoners was obviously upset. Grandad asked him what was wrong and he said that that was his mother they were burying. Grandad went in the church, got the priest and made the priest hand over his clothes and bible to the prisoner.

He told the prisoner that he had trained as a sniper and if he tried anything funny he could shoot him down from 300 yards out without a problem. Shoot the man at his own mother's funeral.

So the prisoner was able to attend his mother's funeral dressed as a priest. After the funeral was over he handed the priest back his clothes and they kept digging.

Later that week the prisoner tried to give him a diamond necklace that was a family heirloom that he smuggled into the camp to grandad. Grandad refused it because he was worried he would get in trouble.

According to grandad, that necklace would probably be worth a few hundred thousand today.

He died a couple of months ago. Miss that man.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Funny, I had a grandfather who was a Wermacht POW

Dec 3, 2020, 8:34 AM

He used to tell the American GI's that his mother's funeral was going on, and then go tie on a buzz and get laid, and come back and make up some story about an imaginary diamond necklace.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My Grandad was a steel worker

Dec 3, 2020, 8:37 AM

They were building one of the old downtown Greenville buildings and he was on a steel beam being hoisted up. Suddenly, the beam detached from the cable and started falling. Just before it hit the ground he jumped off without being injured. He said he fell further than most people had been away from Iva.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How much cobble was he ducking on the way down?***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You mean how much cobble could a steel worker duck

Dec 3, 2020, 8:39 AM

if a steel worker could duck cobble? He was uninjured, so I guess all of it.

I never knew my grandfathers

But one was a an American WW2 vet that fought in Asia and the other was a German WW2 vet that fought in Europe

Thanks for the sad reminder.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

So, basically, you care FBCoach's brother in law?***

Dec 3, 2020, 8:38 AM

I'd be kidding myself if I said I

Dec 3, 2020, 8:39 AM [ in reply to I never knew my grandfathers ]

did Nazi that coming

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would you have guess that the German grandfather

Dec 3, 2020, 8:45 AM

would have died in a motorcycle accident, my grandmother remarried, the new suitor offered to bring my grandmother and two of her three children to America to live in Cleveland while the oldest daughter stayed in Germany by herself?

Yeah, me neither.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cleveland, huh?

Dec 3, 2020, 8:46 AM

Nailed it.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The other side is a fun story, also

Dec 3, 2020, 8:50 AM

While in Asia, my grandfather made a good friend from Western NC. He ended up marrying that guys sister, moving her to Detroit so he could work at the Ford factory. My grandmothers male siblings were all big card carrying klan guys in Western NC. My mom would come down from Cleveland (after they moved from Detroit) in the summers and pull tobacco.

When my parents got married, they snow birded all the way down to South Florida. Dad grew enough weed on his back porch to handle his needs while he roofed year round and went to FAU to get a degree that my mom mostly paid for.

And then you married into the Aaron Spelling family,

Dec 3, 2020, 9:17 AM

where he promptly added you to the deed on his palatial beach house.

Life is funny sometimes.

Heading there this weekend!***

Dec 3, 2020, 9:48 AM

So your lineage is full of Nazis and Klan members? However,

Dec 3, 2020, 9:19 AM [ in reply to The other side is a fun story, also ]

Clevelanders is maybe more embarrassing.

that Grandmaw died of covid***

Dec 3, 2020, 9:28 AM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Now my actual grandpa's story of growing up

Dec 3, 2020, 10:01 AM

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery.

My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet.

My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really.

At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aero wrote this***

Dec 3, 2020, 10:05 AM

He was a boy and waiting home one night with his mom for

Dec 3, 2020, 11:15 AM

his dad (my great grandad) and uncle to get home from a night drinking.

Listening for the car approaching, they heard the two drunk guys shouting and laughing, obviously on foot instead of driving.

They stumble in and great-grandad explains what happened to the car:
'I saw a bridge approaching. So I pulled over to let him pass, but that sumbitch hit me anyhow'.

By chance are you

Dec 3, 2020, 11:18 AM

the 97cutiger or whatever guy that disappeared? I feel like I've seen your face before. And the 97 guy also had a _ in his username.

I don't even know what you are

Dec 3, 2020, 11:28 AM

maybe

That the signs that say,

Dec 3, 2020, 11:38 AM

Watch for "Falling Rock" was an old Indian Chief who was still wandering around the back roads of NC looking for the man that killed his son. Falling Rock would run out of the woods as you passed through the rock cliffs and try to get in the car to kill you.

My Uncle has a HUGE scar on his back from old school back surgery, almost the whole length. He used to tell me that he got into a fight in Cherokee and a guy took a tomahawk to his back. We believed that one for a long time as he was as crazy and drunk as you anyone on this earth, so it was plausible.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gramps went to his grave thinking the moonlanding was

Dec 3, 2020, 11:42 AM

done on a Hollywood set. He said Nasa never went to the moon; it was all a bunch of BS.

I bet he'd be a big Qanon guy if he were able to still be alive.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your gramps is correct.***

Dec 3, 2020, 1:13 PM

I never met my grandpas

Dec 3, 2020, 1:04 PM

Mom's dad died when she was a kid (he was 40yo).
Dad was raised only by his mom and aunt without a father (but did a great job figuring out how to be a dad for us).

My grandmas were emotionally tough but still awesome (now dead). Stories about growing up on a farm, dragging ice up from the river to chill their outdoor pit used for refrigeration, chasing after us with yard sticks when we were in trouble, walking to their house anytime, if mom says 'no' ask grandma sign, helping in the garden, molasses on toast, etc.

Supposedly my wife's grandpa helped building the St Matthews-SC courthouse as a kid. He attached a wagon to the back of his pet goat and helped drag bricks and supplies to everybody.

My great grandfather bought the old fat lighter stairs

Dec 3, 2020, 1:13 PM

from the the Kingstree Courthouse when they were remodeling back in the early 40's I believe and put them in his new house.

Come to find out one of the guys I work with, his grandfather fell down those stairs when they were in the kingstree courthouse and died.

I grew up playing on those stairs.

Replies: 24
| visibility 600
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic