Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Now, let's be honest . . . how many of you are worried
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 2,649

Now, let's be honest . . . how many of you are worried

Jul 24, 2015, 10:57 AM

about Clemson recruiting or Clemson's upcoming season at this point? Would you trade where we are now for 5 years ago? Are your worried Clemson's staff doesn't have enough hunger to move the program to the next level? Are you honestly excited about this season? Honestly excited?

I don't know why, but to me it looks like lots of worry threads on TN rather than threads like, "MAN, I can't wait to see the Tigers roar this year!"

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Now, let's be honest . . . how many of you are worried

Jul 24, 2015, 11:03 AM

I can honestly tell you that I'm more excited about this season than I have been in a long time.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2015, 11:11 AM

I am a worry wart by nature however, I am very excited about this program from top to bottom. I am looking forward to seeing the faces of all of the many media prognosticators that have no confidence in Clemson being proved wrong! Go Tigers!

Jul 24, 2015, 11:18 AM

With a young man such as Watson leading a very talented group of offensive players and the superb coaching staff that has shown everyone that they are the real deal, why would anyone not be EXCITED And if you think the defensive team will have a 'let down' ... you don't know s^&#//

Jul 24, 2015, 11:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Now, let's be honest . . . how many of you are worried ]

I am looking forward to a great season if we can avoid injuries to key players and develop the OL along with overall team experience. I believe Clemson will win the ACC, but am not certain beyond that achievement. One game at a time.

Go Tigers!

Jul 24, 2015, 12:35 PM

I guess I am worried, as I am a worrier by nature I guess. Last year I predicted 9-3 in the regular season, and we did that. I am also predicting 9-3 THIS YEAR, so I expect 3 losses.

Here's a short list of the 3 that we will most likely lose to (not in any particular order):
1. Notre Dame - They have a dual-threat QB and their lines are darn good.
2. FSU - Golson is better than you think and Cook will play (because Jimbo does that).
3. GT - We couldn't stop their QB last year, and might not this year.
4. Louisville - trap game. Away game on Thursday night on a short week. Swofford probably caused this.
5. South Carolina - Until last year, SC had won 18 home games in a row. They play better at home and will be ready as possible for us.

I think we beat everyone else, but will possibly lose 2-3 of these 5 games.

So - I'm worried about those 5 teams, and worried about Watson staying healthy, and if Tony Elliott can call plays as well all season as he did against OU - or do DC's figure out his tendencies quickly.

Just a worrier.

That said, I think we still get that 10th win again.

Jul 24, 2015, 12:40 PM

We won't lose to Louisville or the Coots or GT.
The only teams that have a chance to beat us are ND and FSU. The Miami and NCSt games on the road won't be easy.

Jul 24, 2015, 1:32 PM

> We won't lose to Louisville or the Coots or GT.
The only teams that have a chance to beat us are ND and FSU. The Miami and NCSt games on the road won't be easy.

I'm not sure how you can say that so confidently, we lost a lot of talent to the NFL and Louisville almost beat us, GT DID beat us and and the coots are a big rival away game.

GT game

Jul 24, 2015, 1:40 PM

Was about to be 10-0 and Watson goes down. The pick 6 killed it. They had 14 points on D. No way we lose that is Watson stayed in the game. Their O didnt exactly dominate.

If we stay healthy and the O and D line can play well we should be favorites in EVERY GAME.......but i loathe Thursday night on the road.

Jul 24, 2015, 1:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Now, let's be honest . . . how many of you are worried ]

Streaking: so you're a worrier? Maybe you should read up on college football and learn some things about the game, the teams you noted we may lose to:
1. ND-slower than crap. We will blow by them like they're not even there. Sure they got some bigf guysd but let me tell you your first lesson: Size matters to a point in college ball but speed and quickness are far more important.
2. FSU-They lost much more than we did and this Golson kid is a turnover machine. I expect a big victory. The tide has turned
3. GT-You need to look at last year's loss much closer. 2 big int's, Watson hurt, Stoudt was helpless at this point in the season. I'm sorry Watson plays we win again

4. Louisville--Really now? They also lost a ton this year. Talent wisde a miss match nin our favor. If we're "up" for the game we win by 2-4 TD's.
5. #####: You've got to be kidding! Most people who know the sport expect a total blowout but I back off a little and say 45-17 or in that range. No way to stop Watson or our O

Do yourself a favor and read some before putting yup a post that really displays a lack of understanding of college football' No points I'll take that we don't lose 3 games this year for whatever you want. No limit so if you really believe what you wrote take me up on my offer. I can afford it and will work out simpleway to pay or be paid.

Point for very well thought out, realistic post.***

Jul 24, 2015, 2:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Now, let's be honest . . . how many of you are worried ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2015, 2:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Now, let's be honest . . . how many of you are worried ]

1. Notre Dame - our dual threat QB is better than theirs
2. FSU - Our dual threat QB is better than Golson. And less turnover-prone.
3. GT - Their QB was not the problem last year, ours was.
4. Louisville - lost too much talent to make me sweat about this one.
5. South Carolina - I'm more concerned about BC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Nope I'm not worried at all I trust Dabo and his staff....***

Jul 24, 2015, 12:45 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nope I'm not worried at all I trust Dabo and his staff....***

Jul 24, 2015, 1:59 PM

GAC: I'm with you. Go Tigers!

Jul 24, 2015, 1:06 PM

Everybody knows there's always a chance a key player gets hurt and can mess the season up so to speak. And elite teams still need a little luck or the ball to roll their way at times to win some games. Having said that, with the freshman talent we had last year and the impact they made right off the bat makes me more excited than ever about this year and seeing what they can do. Not to mention the recruits that just stepped on campus. Year after year national power house teams have something to worry about or doubt, and we are no different. Having said all that, somebody has to win it all, and if not this year, we have as good a chance in the foreseeable future as anybody. Need to keep some guys healthy and catch a few breaks. So yes I worry, but I also feel really good about it.

Jul 24, 2015, 2:00 PM

MC: A couple of great points. Why not Clemson University all the way in 2015?

Replies: 15
| visibility 2,649
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic