Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Notre dame..It's simple
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,997

Notre dame..It's simple

Jul 26, 2020, 4:26 PM

They Play as a MEMBER and they are in the ACC, win games and get in the standings. If not, they come in LAST in the conference.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Notre dame..It's simple

Jul 26, 2020, 6:02 PM

It's all about $. If ND thinks they can survive this season and keep their
NBC $ at $15 million for 7 home games each season through 2025 they will stand tall.

They will not give in!

They will not share $ with any other team.

If they have no opponents they will fold.

ACC has very sorry competition other than our Tigers. ACC needs somebody besides Clemson that is worth a $$it on the football field. ACC does not have that now.

Do you "hold your nose" and dance with the irish or do you "hold their feet to the fire".

NBC for 5 years at $15 per year. Swofford cannot make a deal unless the Vatican calls and says dance with the ACC as a full time conference member.

It's that simple.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Notre dame..It's simple

Jul 26, 2020, 10:13 PM

We got them over a fire, if they play the games or they can go home and not have a team to play...I do not care which.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It has nothing to do with the quality of competition. It seems to be a lifeline to ND

Jul 27, 2020, 12:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Notre dame..It's simple ]

and nothing else.

As always, if we go undefeated we are in. The ACC will not be weaker than last year and we got in last year. We do not need ND. They need us.

I’m not even trying to be vindictive. By all means help them out, although the deal should benefit us financially, not them. If they don’t like it they can fill their own schedule. They don’t need to make a mint this year. There are plenty of small programs that will be losing a fortune this year because their games were cut.

So, fine if they add them to everyone’s schedule, but they are NOT in the ACC and they should NOT have any right to play in the ACCCG.

null

Re: It has nothing to do with the quality of competition. It seems to be a lifeline to ND

Jul 27, 2020, 8:36 AM

Exactly. I think the ACC should get an agreement in place for ND to join the conference full time by 2025 or no conference championship. If an agreement is reached they can start competing for a championship this season and work the rest out. If not, give them a few more games and make sure you get a financial payout from the NBC contract to compensate the ACC for 3-4 more games.

null

I don't know the details of the NBC deal

Jul 27, 2020, 12:40 PM [ in reply to It has nothing to do with the quality of competition. It seems to be a lifeline to ND ]

But ND can easily pick up a season full of div1 opponents. They certainly don't need the acc at the moment.

As long as they have that NBC deal and special consideration from the bowl committe they have the pull.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: I don't know the details of the NBC deal

Jul 27, 2020, 12:55 PM

The NBC deal is 15 million with 6.5 from the ACC for other sports. That is 12.5 million less than Clemson and that is before the ACC network's first year. That "leverage" is just pride.

null

What i mean is, i ..dunno if nd even has to play

Jul 27, 2020, 2:38 PM

A single down if football to get that money. Or... if they have to play certain teams.

Or..if ND even cares much about that money. Their boosters are many and wealthy.

I think the automatic bowl tie in is the bigger enabler .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,997
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic