Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
everyone is saying that we can not let ND
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

everyone is saying that we can not let ND

Nov 4, 2020, 12:57 PM

Get too far ahead. I watched the replay of the ND vs GT game and I can say that if we get out to a fast start, which is not unexpected, then can those poor Irish change their whole philosophy and go pass happy. I know we will not take the foot off of the pedal. A 30 point win is what I am planning to occur.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: everyone is saying that we can not let ND

Nov 4, 2020, 3:37 PM

Not following you. Our pass D is not great. If they start passing, I imagine they will have some success.

Nov 4, 2020, 3:54 PM

Ian Book is not a downfield threat ..at all..

From what little bit I’ve watched of ND he seems to have shown little development since we faced him last...

It’s a head scratcher to me how Jurkovek didn’t beat Book out on the depth chart..

It locks like we are #5 in the country in passing yards allowed

Nov 4, 2020, 4:10 PM [ in reply to Re: everyone is saying that we can not let ND ]

If you only look at P5. I’d say that’s pretty good?

null

Nov 4, 2020, 4:07 PM

What concerns me is that we are too agile and light up front without Pinck or Davis in there, especially without Skalski jamming up the center gaps.

Anybody can have 4 yards per rush whenever they need it.

When we thrashed Bama in the NC, yes, it started with Terrell's pick 6; but what sealed the deal was Wilkins and Huggy's stuffing the short yardage dive play. Their physical play at the point of attack forced Bama to go outside where our speed guys cleaned it up. If we don't consistently stop the dive on Saturday, they will ram the ball down our throats. If they have the patience and discipline to put together a 16-play drive multiple times, they can shorten the game and it doesn't matter how regressed Book is.

Nov 4, 2020, 4:23 PM

But the strength of Clemson's defense is against the run. Yes, if they gain 5 yards on every runniong play, they will probably win. Then again, if we run outside on them and Travis goes wild, we will probably win.

Nov 4, 2020, 4:23 PM

Running.

Nov 4, 2020, 5:10 PM [ in reply to Re: everyone is saying that we can not let ND ]

That may be what statistics say, but it's not what game situations say.

Fact is that whenever an opponent needs 2 yards, they can post it on the electronic board so the whole stadium knows that they're running the ball, and unless we put 9 in the box, they will succeed.

Even the Citadel.

Where we succeed is by risk-taking. BV will not sit back and let them jam it down our throats indefinitely. He'll commit 9 guys to stop an occasional rush and hope that they aren't sending a guy long on that play.

At this stage of the season, we create enough negative plays to prevent those 16-play drives. But BC sure had the aggressiveness and discipline to do it.

Nov 4, 2020, 5:20 PM

I think the Tigers will do fine. :)

Nov 4, 2020, 5:24 PM [ in reply to Re: everyone is saying that we can not let ND ]

Also, Notre Dame has beaten no one. Clemson beat up #11 Miami pretty good.

Nov 4, 2020, 5:34 PM [ in reply to Re: everyone is saying that we can not let ND ]

Notre Dame's opponents thus far are 12-28. Clemson's are 18-25.

Nov 4, 2020, 4:35 PM

We would most likely need points by our defense or special teams to win by such a large margin.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Notre Dame wants to run the football 1st and foremost.

Nov 4, 2020, 6:14 PM

If ND goes pass happy it means they are likely behind. It also lengthens the game; they do not have enough quality depth to do that with Clemson.
Their best shot is having a bunch of success running the football which is what they want to do in the 1st place(to your point).

Clemson D needs to put them in 3rd and long all game long and go on to stop them on third down. If you can make it "obvious passing downs" we are a lot better off. Venables is very creative with his blitz packages and if we know you are passing he can utilize one of them.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic