Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Notre Dame making a hard push for Shipley
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Notre Dame making a hard push for Shipley

Apr 29, 2020, 8:49 PM

Hour zoom call and now some commit his having him do an Instagram live tomorrow. Tons of Notre Dame love on his Twitter...

This kids a stud I want him

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Notre Dame making a hard push for Shipley

Apr 29, 2020, 10:06 PM

I have never been to South Bend.A friend of mine that has said campus nice.Said town was nothing special.Why play in snowstorm in October??

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 30, 2020, 8:48 AM

the town is a dump. and the weather is horrible

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 30, 2020, 9:42 AM

You are correct. Certainly nothing to pull anyone in.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 30, 2020, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Notre Dame making a hard push for Shipley ]

Been there a number of times. Town really is a dumpster. They're depending on ND's long past reputation in Fball.

The city itself is a gray, drab, Indiana town, but the

Apr 30, 2020, 10:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Notre Dame making a hard push for Shipley ]

campus itself is beautiful. They have also done a pretty good job with constructing a mini DT next to campus that has bars, restaurants, and hotels. I thought it was pretty nice actually, so that would not be the deal breaker I would think. I think Clemson is too much of a draw as a whole to not pick the tigers, though.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Notre Dame has made it clear...

Apr 30, 2020, 8:01 AM

that Shipley is absolutely their top target.

A couple of weeks ago I read an article where Shipley said even if he couldn't take any more visits due to COVID-19, his plan was to still make a firm commitment before the end of summer (June, July or August range) so he can focus on school and his senior season.

Clemson, North Carolina, North Carolina State, Notre Dame and Stanford are his top five schools at this point. Not sure if Bama or Ohio State are still in the mix for him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Notre Dame has made it clear...

Apr 30, 2020, 4:38 PM

This guy feels like a Tiger . I know it's unknown and I get that but watching the film on his family and his homelife , he just comes off as an almost pure fit .
Just a feeling .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Apr 30, 2020, 9:40 AM

Why, tell me, would he want to play there?

He loves NBC?

Apr 30, 2020, 10:21 AM

The most overrated & overhyped school in America that has blessed with true mediocrity for the past 20 years or so. Maybe they ought to call that mural "FG Jesus" instead of "TD Jesus" anymore. I'll go to the grave believing that the ACC made a huge mistake in partially letting them into the league--BIG 10 or BIG 12 material at best...and that is taking into account the ACC's other teams not pulling their weight lately.

Apr 30, 2020, 10:41 AM

Not surprised.

ND has put in more effort the last 2 years for Shipley than anyone else. He's slipping away and they have nothing to lose in making a last ditch, desperation effort.

Shipley implied he was very near a decision. He also said he would completely shut down his recruitment after the announcement. This is what you call a "Hail Mary" pass. They rarely work but you never know.

I wouldn't sweat it too much. Rest assured Elliot and Pearman are taking nothing for granted.

Apr 30, 2020, 5:01 PM

Guys.... he’s a tiger I’m calling it now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 30, 2020, 7:28 PM

Cafferty 2.0

We really want this kid. He's a good kid from a good family. He's Clemson material

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 30, 2020, 9:31 PM

^^^^I agree with Felix2^^^^^!!!!

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic