Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Notre Dame desperately needed this and the ACC did it, at
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Notre Dame desperately needed this and the ACC did it, at

Jul 29, 2020, 11:55 PM

the expense of all of the other 14 members.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At the expense of what?

Jul 30, 2020, 12:42 AM

It's a win/win for the ACC and ND. And, it's left the SEC on the outside.

Stop the delusional thoughts here folks....

Jul 30, 2020, 7:18 AM

The ACC wasn’t going to force ND to drop their football independence for a one year “fix”

Which is why the ACC should not have agreed...

Jul 30, 2020, 7:41 AM

to this one year dispensation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

exactly, it would have been great but ND wasnt going

Jul 30, 2020, 9:40 AM [ in reply to Stop the delusional thoughts here folks.... ]

to make a knee jerk decision to give up independence based on potentially one year. Im not privy to ND financials, but I would be willing to bet they could weather the storm a yr if needed if they were steadfast on preserving independence. Yeah their SOS would have stunk but they probably would have been able to salvage some sort of schedule full of nobodies or service academies that they would play to preserve their NBC deal and get that money at minimum to get them by. Heck, they lose money now by not joining a conference, based on last yrs numbers they would have made 7-10 million more just being in the ACC which has like the 4th ranked tv deal out of power 5. Now if the virus continues into next season or something else comes up next year where this starts to look like a longer term thing then we would have some leverage. We gave them their 1 free pass, if something happens in the future, hold their feet to the fire, but for now I think we did the best we could do. Plus adding ND preserved our game with them and with the possiblity of playing twice significantly increases our SOS.

Who is we and where is this notion that the acc caved

Jul 30, 2020, 10:56 AM

You guys are missing alumus's point.

I don't like it and most fans don't like it, but I'm sure every school AD and president was totally on board with this because it makes more money.

I think it is very misleading to say the acc caved. They probably don't care if nd is in or out of the conference as long as they can increase profits.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic