Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Notre Dame and ESPN TV deal...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 53
| visibility 1

Notre Dame and ESPN TV deal...

Sep 14, 2012, 11:52 AM

Maybe someone who is smarter than me can tell me if I am off base.

Notre Dame will soon re-up with NBC, and if that happens will severely lengthen the time before ND would ever become a full member.

Does the new deal with ND open up the opportunity for the ACC to shop their media rights to another network?

My thinking is, would NBC slow play ND so that they would join the ACC in full, and then NBC go after the rights for the entire ACC to improve their holding within college football broadcasting? If NBC picked up the ACC, that would be a financial windfall for the entire conference.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think there has to be alot more in play here than we know***

Sep 14, 2012, 11:55 AM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Definitely more than you know***

Sep 14, 2012, 11:57 AM

you can let it go anytime you want....***

Sep 14, 2012, 11:58 AM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

I'm not the one who said they would never post again***

Sep 14, 2012, 11:59 AM

the one thing I didn't miss about this place

Sep 14, 2012, 12:00 PM

kids trying to pick fights on message boards b/c they have nothing else to bring

Doesn't change the fact

Sep 14, 2012, 12:06 PM

that you vehemently told the board Clemson was headed to the Big 12. You made a big show about how much you knew and continued to cram it down Tigernets throat. You rebuked anyone who tried to tell you differently. And then you acted like a child and told the board you were taking your ball and going home. Well that lasted 3 months.

You make stuff up out of anger

Sep 14, 2012, 12:34 PM

I'm not gonna rehash that with the likes of you... but

I never "put on a show", or "crammed anything down anyone's throat". I passed along info, and it didn't turn out.

I didn't rebuke anyone.

You will never find, and no one has been able to produce, the post where that happened.

I don't have to search for a post where you rebuked anyone.

Sep 14, 2012, 12:39 PM

I missed nothing the first time. One of the things I liked about you most was your attitude. The second was that you said what I wanted to hear. Wrong as rain falling up, but never-the-less, exactly what we needed to get through the DT.

Thanks for the attitude and helping me look like a dumbazz. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a bunch of crap. He is 100% accurate in his

Sep 14, 2012, 12:52 PM [ in reply to You make stuff up out of anger ]

assessment, and the fact is you're doing it all over again. How about you be a man and honor your word?

Dumping Donald's back...

Sep 14, 2012, 1:22 PM

QUACK QUACK!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Far, far from a dumper...

Sep 14, 2012, 1:31 PM

Feel free to dispute the facts.

Doesn't change the fact that you are acting ugly.***

Sep 14, 2012, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Doesn't change the fact ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So not honoring your word is okay, but acting "ugly" is not?

Sep 14, 2012, 12:54 PM

Typical Tnet nonsense and hypocrisy.

bet said "if CU leaves this year"....

Sep 14, 2012, 12:56 PM

so I have at least until the end of football season.

Is it hard to make so many enemies?

LOL. And here comes the BS and hypocrisy...

Sep 14, 2012, 12:59 PM

No honor whatsoever. Shameful, but of course you're going to try and put yourself on a high horse in 4...3...2...1...

What is your problem? Treating people ugly is worst!

Sep 14, 2012, 12:57 PM [ in reply to So not honoring your word is okay, but acting "ugly" is not? ]

First off you and couple of others harassed this guy to get off TN just beacuse you didn't agree with him.

It blows my mind why you would do so unless you had an "ugly" agenda. Explain. I don't understand.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A) Being "ugly" on a sports message board is subjective and

Sep 14, 2012, 1:04 PM

well, pretty funny.

B) I didn't harass yorkie anymore than he harassed me.

C) I did not disagree with him, not one iota.

D) I don't have an ugly agenda, not at all, but I dislike hypocrisy and folks who don't honor their word.

E) Being "ugly" on a sports message board is not nearly as shameful as not being a man of your word.

You've taken this way too seriously, and I fear it may be

Sep 14, 2012, 1:10 PM

harmful to your health, both physical and (obviously) mental. Why don't you just drop it and let it go? Move on, why do you even care what york posts or thinks?

And before you tell me you don't care, he posted today and you responded to it. So you obviously care.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

LOL. Riiiight.***

Sep 14, 2012, 1:15 PM

He is a Clemson fan. He said stuff that didn't come to

Sep 14, 2012, 1:13 PM [ in reply to A) Being "ugly" on a sports message board is subjective and ]

fruition. I would never hold him hostage to his predictions or his vow to stay off because they did not come true. He follows the Tigers just like you.

The Tigers are more important than grinding axes and holding gruges. Yes, honoring your word is important but as you point out that concept is also pretty funny on a message board.

All united for Clemson:

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: AThomas®

Message was edited by: AThomas®

No axe. No grudge.

Sep 14, 2012, 1:15 PM

But either way it doesn't change the fact he didn't honor his word.

Go Tigers.

Well we agree on the GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sep 14, 2012, 1:16 PM

:)

Thanks man. You seem like a decent guy...

Sep 14, 2012, 1:18 PM

But I have posted nothing but facts, and of course an opinion that its shameful to not honor one's word. Not sure what we would disagree about.

WHO CARES?***

Sep 14, 2012, 3:05 PM [ in reply to No axe. No grudge. ]

Re: A) Being "ugly" on a sports message board is subjective and

Sep 14, 2012, 1:34 PM [ in reply to A) Being "ugly" on a sports message board is subjective and ]

You are lucky I am not in charge of this board. I would have banned you for harassing him. You may not see it but it is clearly evident to everyone else.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everyone else" is nonsense. And too...

Sep 14, 2012, 1:38 PM

I think you forgot to read the body of my post:

A) Being "ugly" on a sports message board is subjective and well, pretty funny.

B) I didn't harass yorkie anymore than he harassed me.

C) I did not disagree with him, not one iota.

D) I don't have an ugly agenda, not at all, but I dislike hypocrisy and folks who don't honor their word.

E) Being "ugly" on a sports message board is not nearly as shameful as not being a man of your word.

Oh, and F) He is not a man of his word.

Whatever floats your boat dude.

deadsolidperfect does that all the time too, his act is

Sep 14, 2012, 12:42 PM [ in reply to the one thing I didn't miss about this place ]

getting old.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

for the 100th time, i'm sorry. i didn't know she was married

Sep 14, 2012, 12:44 PM

to you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought LBU was open about that?***

Sep 14, 2012, 12:45 PM

Turns out we realized he was lying when he finally came

Sep 14, 2012, 12:49 PM

out of the closet, confirming what we were all thinking.

so the effects of the operation

Sep 14, 2012, 12:51 PM

were noticeable after all, huh?

Basically, and it explains why LgBtU and CUTigerDave are

Sep 14, 2012, 12:52 PM

such close friends

they don't have a choice....

Sep 14, 2012, 12:54 PM

it's not easy to get through a surgery like that, and same sex adoption

Good point, I hadn't considered that***

Sep 14, 2012, 12:55 PM

As the self-appointed TigerNet police....

Sep 14, 2012, 12:04 PM [ in reply to I'm not the one who said they would never post again*** ]

I authorized york to post again.

As for you, you're already on double secret probation, so watch it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

You must be Crump's scok***

Sep 14, 2012, 12:06 PM

Watch it mister. You're already on thin ice.

Sep 14, 2012, 12:12 PM

consider yourself warned ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

He must want that vacation***

Sep 14, 2012, 1:42 PM

Re: You must be Crump's scok***

Sep 14, 2012, 12:13 PM [ in reply to You must be Crump's scok*** ]

If i was the ACC, i would sign w/ NBC for less money than w/ espn. Espn is just out of controll w/ their sec bullcrap.

^^WhoTF is this guy anyways. Shutup dude...***

Sep 14, 2012, 12:16 PM [ in reply to You must be Crump's scok*** ]

What's a scok?***

Sep 14, 2012, 12:40 PM [ in reply to You must be Crump's scok*** ]

I thought you quit?***

Sep 14, 2012, 12:50 PM [ in reply to I think there has to be alot more in play here than we know*** ]

Re: Notre Dame and ESPN TV deal...

Sep 14, 2012, 11:56 AM

ACC can't sign with another media outlet until after the ESPN contract ends from what I understand.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Notre Dame and ESPN TV deal...

We can't renegotiate with anyone until 2027.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No***

Since NBC and ESPN will "share" the cost of tv rights for ND

Sep 14, 2012, 12:04 PM

and the ACC, it should allow both to pay a little more than they would otherwise.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The ACC is under contract with ESPN.

Sep 14, 2012, 12:34 PM

NBC has no part.

Our best hope is ND becoming a full member of the ACC.

Our fallback position and what's for sure is the lookin clause that allows for renegotiations in '15.

The worst thing that can happen is if all the knives and forks in the world fall on us.

Or the football***

Sep 14, 2012, 12:36 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Or the football***lol, that will never hurt

Sep 14, 2012, 12:41 PM

a nerf football. And a nerf football won't leave a broken nose either.

Just a guess, all I see happening at this time

Sep 14, 2012, 1:21 PM

is NBC being able to join it much like CBS has with the SEC.

I can guarantee that all of the ACC's and NBC's lawyers are looking for any angle they think would allow them to get out of the contract(loopholes) when the league (if it chooses)goes to 16 teams.

Can't happen. ACC is locked in with ABC/ESPN until 2027

Sep 14, 2012, 3:28 PM

there are no loopholes. They can renegotiate the contract to make sure they're getting fair market value, but they can only re-up with ESPN, no one else.

NBC would do fine w/ ND as an independent...

Sep 14, 2012, 2:15 PM

in addition to getting the rights to ND home games that will include S.Cal, and Big10 school(s) and Navy, they'll get the right to ND's home games against an ACC schools like Clemson, FSU, etc., which will be attractive ratings to NBC.

First evidence that ND may schedule us more than once...

Sep 14, 2012, 3:32 PM

every three years. Thanks.

Replies: 53
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic