Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Notre Dame Intel
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Notre Dame Intel

Jun 7, 2013, 10:46 PM

Spent the week in Indiana at a conference. Flew out of South Bend this morning and spent last evening doing road trip intel. Heads up boys...there is no parking! Did find "The Spot" for Hotels.(T-mail me for info) You can fly direct into South Bend from Atlanta. Also, Ft.Wayne not a bad 2nd option. Great bar called the Linebacker Lounge and the best Irish pub I've ever been to "The Fiddlers Hearth". Overall not too impressed with South Bend or ND. Locals told me tailgating is subdued because student body is so studious and Alumni are all "a bunch of rich guys eating crab legs at a tailgate". When we play up there tickets and logistics will be a huge issue. I did however get slightly misty eyed when I saw Knute Rockne's statue. The sight of the Lou Holtz statue however caused me to puke. Gates to practice fields were open and that NBC money buys you a heck of a facility. Speaking of NBC no joke..the local affiliate has a building on campus! Also..they do have a on campus golf course..looked like a bunch of Priests were playing yesterday around 6pm. I sure hope to be there when we beat them again...but I hope it's a September game...it would be a crappy place to be holed up for 2 or 3 days in the cold. By the way, some of the campus is not accessible to the public. Roads are blocked by gate and you need a swipe card to enter. Oh and one last thing... saw no hot wimmens! lol

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Notre Dame Intel

Jun 8, 2013, 8:39 AM

The Clemson @ ND game is a few years away, but there is actually quite a bit of parking around Notre Dame Stadium. Should not be a concern.
As for tailgating, I don't think you will find ND lacking in that regard. You will find every kind of tailgating at ND, from elaborate spreads to quite modest affairs.
And virtually all of the campus is accessible to the public. A lot of it is not accessible to cars, but the campus is not all that big. It is quite easy to walk around.
Sorry you weren't impressed by the campus. Most visitors seem to think it is a gorgeous place. Maybe the fact that school is out and there is not much going on detracted from the overall impression.

Jun 8, 2013, 10:50 AM

Classy reply !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2013, 12:21 PM

> Classy reply !

I was actually in attendance at the 1979 game when you guys came up and beat us in South Bend. They haven't yet announced when the next Clemson@ND game will be played, but I hope a lot of you guys will make the trip up. I think you will enjoy your trip, win or lose.

Tailgating with crab legs sounds good to me.

Jun 8, 2013, 8:52 AM

Not gonna' knock them for that.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic