Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well lookee here...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 592

Well lookee here...

Jan 18, 2021, 12:31 PM

Well, big shocker, it was indeed apparently Boebert playing tour guide.

Miss Boebert had better hope nobody on those tours was in the mob that came back the next day, or she's going to be serving a term somewhere other than the House of Representatives. But I think anybody who's watched this story develop has a certain suspicion how this is going to go.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1351202603858800651?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1351202603858800651%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Fus-news%2Flive%2F2021%2Fjan%2F18%2Fjoe-biden-inauguration-donald-trump-pardons-washington-impeachment-covid-coronavirus-live

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well lookee here...

Jan 18, 2021, 12:33 PM

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hang her.

Otherwise, book a tour here through your representative...

https://www.visitthecapitol.gov/plan-visit/book-tour-capitol

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah but they narrowed it down to sometime between

Jan 18, 2021, 12:37 PM

the 3rd and the 6th. If only there was a way to verify who entered the building between the 3rd and the 6th with the congresswoman.

At least now we know. Maybe they will install cameras now or make people sign in or something before they go into the Capitol.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Notice the Covid banner at the top of the page.

Jan 18, 2021, 12:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Well lookee here... ]

Thanks for the link.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, you would have no problem with an openly-conspiracy

Jan 18, 2021, 12:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Well lookee here... ]

minded Qanon disciple were proven to have given a personal tour to Qanon people who invaded the Capitol building with flex cuffs a day or two later? We'll see if that ends up being the case, but let's say it is. Any issue with it? Or totally kosher?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

COVID-19 (coronavirus) Update

Jan 18, 2021, 12:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Well lookee here... ]

The Capitol Visitor Center is closed for tours. All tours are cancelled. We regret any inconvenience this may cause you, and we look forward to welcoming you to the Capitol Visitor Center at a future date.

Solid hurr durr Keowee.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: COVID-19 (coronavirus) Update

Jan 18, 2021, 1:06 PM

And he loves to call others dumb.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2021, 1:43 PM [ in reply to COVID-19 (coronavirus) Update ]

So, she gave a tour, or tours aren’t available. Which is it????

Derrrrrrrr.

It sounds like you need a picture to put this together.***

Jan 18, 2021, 1:48 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2021, 1:49 PM [ in reply to Re: COVID-19 (coronavirus) Update ]

It means she should not have been giving tours but apparently was giving them anyway...and in places tours apparently also don't ordinarily go to, working "hideaway" areas that are definitely not authorized tour locations.

It got noticed. It got reported. Mikie Sherrill apparently reported those tours on the 5th, the day before the attacks. Sherill's a former Navy helicopter pilot and prosecutor.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/12/mikie-sherrill-capitol-hill-attack-458655

Jan 18, 2021, 2:12 PM

And also a Dem, zero credibility.

"I also intend to see that those members of Congress who abetted him — those members of Congress who had groups coming through the capitol that I saw on Jan. 5 for reconnaissance for the next day “

She already convicted the president and charged others. Whew, good thing she’s from NJ. She won’t be held accountable for her lies.

Jan 18, 2021, 2:29 PM

Whew, good thing she’s from NJ. She won’t be held accountable for her lies.

Your're the one with zero credibility. Mikie Sherrill is my representative. Before we elected her in 2018, we had a Republican representing us for 24 years. The Republican mayor of my town endorsed her.
We believe in principles and people, not party. So yeah, we hold our representatives accountable.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2021, 2:36 PM [ in reply to Re: COVID-19 (coronavirus) Update ]

they do not give public tours of the senate offices and chambers you dolt. You have to be extra special to get one of those, as in a personal invite from a congressperson or senator.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Given that capitol tours have been banned since March for

Jan 18, 2021, 12:43 PM

Covid, that seems odd.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Given that capitol tours have been banned since March for

Jan 18, 2021, 1:00 PM

Not true.

She's an A+ idiot, but

Jan 18, 2021, 12:47 PM

there isn't enough evidence yet to call her treasonous.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: She's an A+ idiot, but

Jan 18, 2021, 12:51 PM

True. We'll see who was on those tours, and what her texts and social media posts say. I think we can say with fairly absolute certainty those have already gotten a thorough going-over.

Best guess is they're not going to make any kind of thing of it before the inauguration, or the Orange Vulgarian would just pardon her on the way out the door just to be a d!ck anyway.

Re: She's an A+ idiot, but

Jan 18, 2021, 2:41 PM

if she was giving tours they have every single one of those people on camera and the answer is already known as to who was there. Not a peep on this, all speculation, a nothing burger until something else says otherwise.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a pretty heavy accusation without evidence

Jan 18, 2021, 1:08 PM

I get it. It walks like a duck and talks like a duck. But the same standard about innuendo and unsubstantiated claims should be applied to EVERYONE.

0:46 of the video
Cohen: Whether these people were in involved in the insurrection or not, I don't know.

1:07 of the video
Host: But do you know that any people who were in that tour lead by Boebert later attended the the riot, that's the question I have.
Cohen: Absolutely not. Absolutely not.

I watched that interview while getting logged in for work this morning (hooray, WFH). That's a pretty serious accusation to levy without hard evidence, which Cohen admits twice in 30 seconds.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_majors_champ.jpg2008_nascar_champ.gif2015_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When we drink, we get drunk.
When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
So, let's all get drunk, and go to heaven!

What is the issue then?

Jan 18, 2021, 1:11 PM

He said he did not know if the people on the tour actually stormed the Capitol. It is still significant.

He walks up to the line of accusing someone of treason

Jan 18, 2021, 1:24 PM

But there's a clear implied meaning in his statement.

On national television.

Without evidence.

It would seem there's been different reactions to baseless claims in recent events (even at the start of the months-long baseless claims barrage).

Would the reaction by CNN be different if Cohen had a "R" next to his name and was accusing a Democrat?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_majors_champ.jpg2008_nascar_champ.gif2015_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Australian***

Jan 18, 2021, 1:28 PM

I haven't lived entirely on T-Net for the past trend cycle

Jan 18, 2021, 1:40 PM

You'll have to 'splain that one to me.

fact check

Jan 18, 2021, 1:38 PM [ in reply to He walks up to the line of accusing someone of treason ]

Remove based on how they feel

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is it odd for reps to give tours to folks? I'm only asking

Jan 18, 2021, 1:55 PM

because I don't know.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 592
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic