Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Nothing is WRONG with our WR's! (Targets)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Nothing is WRONG with our WR's! (Targets)

Sep 11, 2013, 11:55 PM

The loss of Peake sucks, but we need to get a grip. Injuries happen! We have arguably the best QB and WR in the Nation on this team for one. There is nothing wrong with this list of targets for our Heisman Leading QB to get the ball too.
___WRs_____TEs____
1.Watkins /.... 1.Cooper
2.Bryant /....... 2.Leggett
3.Humphries / 3.Seckinger(can play wr. too)
4.Hopper
5.Williams
6.Green

Then you got a guy like Zac Brooks who you can utilize all over the field. Chad Morris will emphasize on what needs to be done. WE WILL BE FINE!
With that said...GET WELL SOON PEAKE! You will be back and dominate next season!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Williams and Green are untested against good competition

Sep 12, 2013, 12:10 AM

That doesn't mean they can't have a break out year but it is asking a lot of freshman. Not everyone will arrive on the scene in the same fashion as a Sammy Watkins.

Re: Williams and Green are untested against good competition

Sep 12, 2013, 12:19 AM

It would be asking a lot from them as freshman if they were starters or even 2 and 3 on the depth chart. They are 5 and 6.....which is no pressure, but a chance to prove what they can do when they get on the field. Its more like a perfect opportunity for them if anything.

We typically have at least 3 WR on the field, sometimes 4.

Sep 12, 2013, 12:26 AM

If we were a power running team it'd be different with full backs and two TE sets. With our offense, 6 is not a lot. Even Dabo has said this himself. They generally shoot for around 10 on scholarship.

I think they are talented WRs, but I wouldn't say for sure that they are game ready. Even the talented Hopper needed a redshirt year under his belt.

And we are still better off at WR than 95% of all college

Sep 12, 2013, 12:26 AM [ in reply to Williams and Green are untested against good competition ]

football teams.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I think we'll be fine this year. The only thing that puzzle

Sep 12, 2013, 12:28 AM

s me is recruiting. If we are not up to par on numbers, why didn't we go after other guys like Davis from Gaffney? I'm sure there is more to it than I know...

Re: I think we'll be fine this year. The only thing that puzzle

Sep 12, 2013, 12:36 AM

Why are we still hung up on Davis? That's over and done with. We will sign atleast 4 wr's this year. Stop worrying over stuff you can't control. Even tho they might not be much of a threat either, you still got Porter and D. Rod you can throw in their for a play or two to make 8 wr's. I trust Dabo and Chad will do what needs to be done to keep this Offense rolling. Simple as that.

I'm not worried about it. I'm discussing a topic on a forum***

Sep 12, 2013, 12:46 AM

Re: I'm not worried about it. I'm discussing a topic on a forum***

Sep 12, 2013, 7:59 AM

I think NUK going pro was a little bit of a surprise. Had Sammy had a better year and Nuk not had such a great bowl game, he may not had gone pro. Priester did not get in and Seckinger moving to tight end left a hole. The staff probably shifted their focus to the defense in recruiting instead of just signing a receiver to get the numbers.

I don't know about Davis, but of course Priester didn't

Sep 12, 2013, 12:37 AM [ in reply to I think we'll be fine this year. The only thing that puzzle ]

get in, and I think we just missed on a couple that we thought we'd get over the last few years. While I'm sure Dabo and staff would like to have a few more WRs on schollie, I don't sense any panic on their part, which makes me think they have greater level of comfort with our back-ups and our depth situation at WR than some of us may have.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

The reason we backed off Davis is becuase we had questions

Sep 12, 2013, 8:15 AM [ in reply to I think we'll be fine this year. The only thing that puzzle ]

about his ability to make a decision about what to do after the coin flip hth.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

^^^ gf chose to play defense again.***

Sep 12, 2013, 8:16 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic