Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Aug 12, 2019, 8:09 AM

Friday, I really don't know. I can't even place what we did for supper. I can't imagine we cooked, that doesn't seem like a Friday night thing.

Saturday. Slept a little too late but not crazy. Started to get ready to go to Maryville TN to sing along to Redneck Mother with the legendary Ray Wyile Hubbard. Was about to walk out the door and saw some sort of stain on the ceiling. Crawled around in the attic a bit to try to find the cause, but no luck. Got on the road, uneventful drive up, get ready to check in, run in to RH in the parking lot, get all settled, few pregame beers and time to head to supper. As RH is getting his tickets, Mrs. RH, Sharkgirl, and I see Ray getting into the elevator of the hotel. I was unable to get his attention though. A bite of fantastic Cuban food, then off to the Shed. Show was fantastic. As a bonus, we got a tip from a local on where to find Lone Star Beer in Tn. A quick stop at the Cook Out to get Shakgirl some birthday ice cream then back to crash.

Sunday up at a decent hour, go make good on the Lone Star tip, then back to the house. My dad and his sweet lady were coming up to take us to dinner for Sharkgirl's birthday. Were suppose to be there at 6, arrived promptly on time at 7:30ish. Dinner was good though. The table side guac at Papa's and Beer is supposedly great. I think it looks like boogers so I don't eat it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welp, The Tigers didn't play but I didn't die.

Aug 12, 2019, 8:09 AM

Friday – beachy

Sattidy – Drove home from Wild Dunes

Sunday – Spent 2 hours and 45 minutes waiting in line to meet Dabo. Had him sign my natty football.

No solid rating this week….

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Aug 12, 2019, 8:14 AM

Friday - Actually sat in my seats for 9 innings and watched the Tigers actually win a game and then out downtown and got hammers.

Saturday - hangover while playing with the kids. playgournd. grocery store. naps. boat rides and tubing. swimming. drinking. sleeping.

Sunday - church and the kids sang and did good. naps. car show for a couple hours. daughters birthday party. drinking. lost my phone in Lyft ride. Drunk. got my phoen back. Stayed at local pub till they closed.

Monday - tired. want to go back to bed.

8/10

I am tired.

Did I mention how tired I am?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mostly a divide and conquor weekend.

Aug 12, 2019, 8:17 AM

Friday night drank went to bed early. Saturday morning I endeavored to fix out sink faucet. Was dripping at times unless you wiggled the handle. Over time that caused the base to get loose. Tore it completely apart only to find the loose nut was under and behind the sink. Major pita but fixed it and put it back together. Then oldest and I went to buy mom groceries. Took in her mail. Trash out. Fixed her water filters. And unloaded the groceries. Then went and saw dad. Took him a natty Coke bottle and a new Clemson magazine. Bought bird seed and filled his bird feeders outside his window. Went home and wife had taken middle son for school supplies and clothes. Sunday church in the am. Kept two youngest while wife took oldest to Sam's and to get clothes and supplies for school. Then when she got back I went to Publix to restock casa Tiggity.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2019, 8:23 AM

Friday: worked late. Mexican for dinner.

Saturday: worked in the basement. Did some yard work. Pulled the tailgate tent, chairs, tables out to make sure we are ready in a couple of weeks. Dinner at Carolina Ale House in the Vista. Had a couple of good Sierra Nevada’s. Don’t remember the name. Had a little grapefruit taste.

Sunday: did some research for work. Went for a walk. Watched golf. Did laundry and some housework to stay in good graces with ms midland. Leftovers for supper.

8/10.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sold my boat

Aug 12, 2019, 8:24 AM

Went fishing
Played paintball
Ate some delicious wings from the Islander
Went to church
Picked up some natty cokes
Spent a ton of money

Aug 12, 2019, 8:36 AM

Either Thursday or Friday we back to school shopped for the kids so now I am broke again

Saturday was running, lunch, more school shopping (Reebok was 60% off already reduced prices at Dick's so my kids are going to be rocking all Reebok shirts and shorts), groceries, then pool and grilling out.

Sunday was Premier League Football (Arsenal-YES, Chelsea-LULZ) church then lunch then pool. Home to cook turkey meatballs, watch a little TV, then hit the sheets.

8/10 cause pool
2 point deduction because shoes, clothes, and school supplies are expensive for 3 kids.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ok

Aug 12, 2019, 8:39 AM

Highlight was Landrum farmers market and breakfast at Southern Delights

TL : DR version
Built an under the table cabinet for notebooks etc to go in my home office Friday
Usual mommer n dem stuff Sunday

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Already chronicled some, but awesome

Aug 12, 2019, 8:42 AM

Fri Roadtrip to Bowling Green
Sat drove by UMcampus, Old Nation Brewery, dinner at Art’s Tavern in Glen Arbor (Esso type place with ceiling covered w/ school pennant- found 2 CU)
Sun hiked to high Dunes, boating on Glen Lake, big party in evening with our friend’s friends from the area
Awesome food all day

MAGNIFICENT.

Aug 12, 2019, 8:52 AM

Friday, took half day and went home and spent some time with the pup while Mrs. checked her bee hives to see if they were ready to extract honey. Went on a long hike along the river, came back and started watching the Stevie Ray Vaughan documentary Lonestar. Picked up RH Mom and took her, joonyer, and joonyer's fiance out to eat at Friendly Billiards, was delish and beerful as always. Went home and finished the SRV documentary, then watched Turn It Up, the history of the electric guitar documentary hosted by Kevin Bacon. Definitely worth a watch if you get a chance.

Up early, get ready to roll and coffee along the way, then drop pup off and hit the road. All back roads yet again...through Hendersonville (very cool downtown), Brevard, through the Pigah Natty Forest past Looking Glass Falls and Sliding Rock, downtown Waynesville, got out of the twisties just before an apocalyptic thunderstorm came so we zigged back up to I-40 to make up some time. Got to Maryville around 4, checked in hotel, caught up with aero and SharkGirl and then it was on. Beers, Ray Wylie Hubbard at The Shed, ice cream after, then crash.

Up early, hotel breakfast (because even hotels take biscuits and gravy VERY seriously in Tennessee), back home on back roads, went all around Douglas Lake, which is gorgeous country. Finally made it to Asheville and decided to make some time by taking I-26 down to Highway 11. That turned out to be a nightmare of sitting still, moving then coming to a screeching nerve-racking halt every 10 minutes or so, run off the road by an 18 wheeler, asked for Mrs. to reach in the glove box for justice but she would not comply. Finally made it past Asheville, reaffirming my belief that it's better to go slow and see things than die in a fiery crash on the interstate death machine. Got to 11 and headed down to Strawberry Hill for peach lemonade, then the home stretch. Picked the pup up at 5:30, took her home and gave her bath, Mrs. fixed supper, ate, flopped into Big Chair and watched Fear The Walking Dead and Preacher, then crashed.

Hate we didn't have a little extra time to spend in mountain towns along the way, but it was a grand and glorious excursion capped off by an absolutely stellar Ray Wylie Hubbard show.

Eleventeen jizzillion out of 10, will do again. This coming weekend, as a matter of fact.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saw Peter Frampton last night at Verizon in Alpharetta

Aug 12, 2019, 9:03 AM

(Ameris Bank Amphitheatre still doesn't sound right to me) so I'm moving a little slow. He was surprisingly pretty good, I had pretty low expectations going in. In addition to the hits he played an instrumental version of "Black Hole Sun" which was pretty trippy.

Jason Bonham's band was the opener...I shouldn't be surprised but it was a straight up Led Zeppelin cover band. Every song he played was one of their hits, but I suppose that's more enjoyable than listening to his original songs.

Saw your pics on buddybook.

Aug 12, 2019, 9:26 AM

We're doing Frampton the Friday after the GT game in Charlotte. I've been a fan since buying Humble Pie Rockin' The Fillmore in 1071. Even followed him in the Frampton's Camel years before Comes Alive. The man is an incredible guitarist, and there's a reason so many artists invite him to do guest slots when he's at home in Nashville. Last time I saw him he walked on to do a handful of tunes with the Black Crowes at the Ryman Auditorium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2UIrxSgCpA

1071? I thought only Henry and Zett were around for that.***

Aug 12, 2019, 9:29 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Me, henry, and zett used to listen to that record on our day

Aug 12, 2019, 9:38 AM

off during the Crusades.

That would be sick..I really need to see a show at the Ryman

Aug 12, 2019, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Saw your pics on buddybook. ]

Yea he's very talented and he told some pretty good stories on stage about his Humble Pie/going solo days.

Yes, you need to look at the schedule and pick any

Aug 12, 2019, 9:46 AM

show you'd like to see and go to the Ryman.

There is a pretty good band coming to the Ryman in a few

Aug 12, 2019, 9:51 AM [ in reply to That would be sick..I really need to see a show at the Ryman ]

weeks. You should go. I passed on an opportunity to go because #MarriedWithChildren.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thinkin' about it

Aug 12, 2019, 9:58 AM

https://ryman.com/events/josh-ritter-092819/

however, they're playing The MArcus King Band Family Reunion festival @ Pisgah Brewing the day before, along w/ Jason Isbell, Marcus King (obvi) and abunchofothers.

https://www.pisgahbrewing.com/shows/mkbfr2019-d2/

That show at Pisgah is VERY enticing.

Aug 12, 2019, 10:03 AM

IIRC, we will be in Black Mountain the NEXT weekend though.

Tiring

Aug 12, 2019, 9:05 AM

Friday: Last day of vacation.

Saturday: Up early to pack and drive home. We unpacked, showered up and headed out to my god-daughter's 21st birthday celebration at the local watering hole. I remember walking home safely (it's only a mile away). That's about all.

Sunday: Mowed the lawn. Cleaned the house and did wash. Washed the salt off the car.

Monday: I ain't doing chit unless it's absolutely necessary.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I entertained Willmo & gang at my gallery.

Aug 12, 2019, 9:07 AM

can't really get into any more details.

Got the VIP tickets for fan day, well worth it***

Aug 12, 2019, 9:18 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

No weekend this past weekend.

Aug 12, 2019, 9:33 AM

Friday night- worked.
Saturday- worked.
Sunday- worked some more.

Did have a sandwich from Schlotzky’s last night which was the highlight of my weekend, if that’s any indication of how my weekend went.

0.5/10 (Not 0/10 cause of Schlotsky’s and Jalepeno Peanut M&M’s)

Decent

Aug 12, 2019, 9:52 AM

I was on call for the plant. I got a few calls, but only had to go in Saturday morning and Sunday until noon to cover a few issues. Could have been WAY worse.

I continued with my dabbling in the Keto diet. I'm about 4 days in and I can tell. The scale says that I've dropped a few pounds, but I feel it in the extreme lack of energy... I think they call it the "Keto Flu". SarahAdidas is on board as well... so we'll see how that goes.

Took the boy to Columbia to weigh in for Pop Warner football. While we were there, his coach from last year approached me about getting DaughterAdidas on the roster for the TinyMites team. They had a kid has to play-up in the MityMite league, so they are 1 player short of fielding a team. They offered DaughterAdidas a "full scholarship" if she wants to play (waived fees). She is excited to play with the same boys she played flag football with in the spring. She's out there with them anyway watching her brother's practice, so no extra commitment. I'll keep y'all posted how this works out. I don't want her playing when she's older, but at age 7, this should just give her some exercise and teach her some physicality if she wants to play soccer or something like that a later time.

I did a bunch of digging around the pool with the excavator to get ready to extend my pool patio area.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

OUT.Ficken.STANDING!

Aug 12, 2019, 10:08 AM

Thursday - Sunday at Brown Mtn, Harlan KY. 3 days of beautiful scenery, seat cover devouring pucker factor, breaking/fixing jeeps, only 1 roll over, good food, good beer, good people. 12/10 will do again.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Friday afternoon my son and I were going

Aug 12, 2019, 10:18 AM

fishing but a few curve balls got in the way so we settled with flat water kayaking. We got to talk a lot which made the time special. We also went horseback riding and had a blast. He loved his horse even though it kept trying to bite my horse on the rump!
Joined the elite to watch Breakfast at Tiffany's, under the stairs, Friday night at Reynolda Village.
Sunday morning I tuned into Charles Stanley and later went for a bike ride.

Would repeat!

Re: Friday afternoon my son and I were going

Aug 12, 2019, 10:21 AM

"He loved his horse even though it kept trying to bite my horse on the rump"

Maybe should read He loved his horse BECAUSE it kept trying to bite my horse on the rump

Re: Friday afternoon my son and I were going

Aug 12, 2019, 10:34 AM

Probably so. I'll have to ask him about that. These were pretty mellow horses, but the last bite about caused mine horse to gallop unexpectedly. I can't blame either of them though!!

The weekend was spent putting together ikea furniture.

Aug 12, 2019, 11:27 AM

Two cribs and a dresser. Lilmissgrouching was helping, so that doubled the time it took. Finally got done Sunday afternoon. Rest of the weekend was spent browsing home listings for something with a third bedroom large enough to fit said two cribs and a dresser and actually be able to move in the same room.

2/10, this pregnancy is costing me a lot of money.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL just LOL at not learning your lesson.***

Aug 12, 2019, 11:31 AM

HOLY CRAP MAN, HOW MANY KIDS DO YOU HAVE?

Aug 12, 2019, 11:38 AM [ in reply to The weekend was spent putting together ikea furniture. ]

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

Re: HOLY CRAP MAN, HOW MANY KIDS DO YOU HAVE?

Aug 12, 2019, 1:21 PM

Greenr

grouchingtiger®

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FIFY

Aug 12, 2019, 12:36 PM

Sat - had something for work that absolutely had to be done so in to the office I go, on the day that I am supposed to be leaving for vacation. Get it done and head home, pack, drive to Dirty Myrtle North, arrive at 10 for leftover pizza and beer.

Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat - sleep in, get up, have a bite to eat, head to beach, crush multiple White Claws on the beach (black cherry and lime are the best), ride waves like a motherfurcker, back to house, eat delicious meal in or go out to eat, beer, end the evening either with a walk on the beach or a trip down the road to Molly Darcy's irish pub, with some redhead things mixed in along the way

Sun - sleep in, pack up, hit the outlets on the way out of town, grab a bite and head back to Aiken. Arrive late, unpack the cars, crash.

Yada yada yada, I'm really tired today.

Multi-million/10, because not having to deal with stupid people in the office.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Ya know, that so many folks would rather spend a week in

Aug 12, 2019, 12:40 PM

Myrtle Beach than go to work, tells us all we need to know about who bogus this work business is.

NORTH Myrtle Beach, which used to be

Aug 12, 2019, 12:43 PM

totally different than Myrtle Beach. Except now it is kinda the same, just without the murders and meth.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

LOLUTZ

Aug 12, 2019, 4:07 PM

at not willing to pay the extra premium to get meth and murders.

Re: FIFY

Aug 12, 2019, 3:55 PM [ in reply to FIFY ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nothing exciting Friday night..

Aug 12, 2019, 2:20 PM

Saturday.. got some stuff packed. For my move
Sunday got up at 6 am and headed to fan day.
Stood in line for a few hours and got TL’s autograph..
Also got sunburned..

Fun weekend

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where were you in this line? Lotsa folks wanted that sig.

Aug 12, 2019, 2:24 PM
QB Line.jpg(162.6 K)

I was in the Dabo line...Not sure why the pic is sideways (?)

Surgery all healed up?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Gladly no..

Aug 12, 2019, 6:51 PM

I was almost to the front. By then.
And yes.. I’m doing much better thank you!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not bad.

Aug 12, 2019, 2:33 PM

Don't remember Friday

Saturday laid around the house most of the day. Went swimming that evening.

Sunday had family day at the hunting club shooting and setting scopes.

7/10

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Thanks for asking.....

Aug 12, 2019, 3:06 PM

Well Thursday Got up and shot sunrise. Pic show dawn and three boats drag racing. Fixed chili in instant pot for girls.

Friday. Got up at sun up to cut grass. Cut front yard. Went to backyard to cut and shut off mower to pick up pecan limb. Mower went start back. Walked off went in house and watched westerns. Made lasagna for the girls.

Saturday Got up and shot sunrise again. Laid around and watched westerns again. Cooked spaghetti for girls.

Sunday Got up and watched soccer. ManU 4-0 Chelsea was a big surprise. Cooked quiche for girls.

Monday Got up at sun up to try mower. It started right up so I cut the backyard. Cleaned up and drove to Spectrum to change cable boxes.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2019, 3:47 PM

Pretty good!!

Friday: Went on a date and it was a lot of fun.

Saturday: worked till noon. Went home, cleaned and washed car. Went to club and tried night golf until ribs started hurting (cracked or bruised) but enjoyed the night.

Sunday: worked and ate dinner with mom. Picked up MfOjr., watched start of race, threw very little football, bbq'ed pork ribs, read and had great conversation with jr.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sore ribs after a date, #### man, you better ease up.***

Aug 12, 2019, 4:03 PM

It's a long short story!

Aug 12, 2019, 4:05 PM

:)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic