Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
how to control AV Receiver input selection with dish or fire
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 315

how to control AV Receiver input selection with dish or fire

Jan 16, 2021, 9:15 AM

stick remote?

Both are programmed to control the volume, but if I want to switch input from Dish Hopper to Firestick, I have to use the AV remote. That's all I need that remote for, and I'd like to leave it in the drawer out of the way.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My sound bar is the same way

Jan 16, 2021, 9:55 AM

I'd gone from 3 to one remote and now back to 2 for volume control.

I have Roku - it would not recognize the sound bar on blue tooth either had to use the optical cable. I think that is a matter of they want to force you to by a Roku proprietary speaker set.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Not the most refined solution, but I have a few of these,

Jan 16, 2021, 11:14 AM

and they at least work, and it's only "1" remote (kinda)

https://www.sideclickremotes.com/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the 2020 firestick 'mote does volume, nice improvement***

Jan 16, 2021, 12:00 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I actually think I've got an unopened one for Fire Stick, if

Jan 16, 2021, 12:01 PM [ in reply to Not the most refined solution, but I have a few of these, ]

u wanna go that route....I got (4) when they started out and did a kickstarter campaign, and have since gone from 2 Fire Sticks to 1... @nNoIntroduction®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you using the ARC HDMI input?

Jan 16, 2021, 11:08 AM

That’s how l rigged mine up and it allows me to use the tv remote (TCL) to control the receiver volume.

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/hdmi-arc-faq,news-26262.html

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I may have misunderstood the post. ??***

Jan 16, 2021, 11:09 AM

Surely not.***

Jan 16, 2021, 11:20 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah, I can control the volume. I need to switch inputs

Jan 16, 2021, 11:49 AM [ in reply to I may have misunderstood the post. ??*** ]

on my AV receiver back and forth from the HDMI for the Firestick and the HDMI for the Dish TV. Neither Dish remote nor Firestick remote will do this, as far as I can tell. But both will control the volume, and turn it on & off. That forces me to leave my AV receiver remote laying around in the way just for that one function if I expect to stream something.

Message was edited by: NoIntroduction®

Then the only solution l can think of is

Jan 16, 2021, 12:02 PM

connect the Fire stick and Dish directly to the tv and use ARC HDMI as audio out to the receiver. The receiver would stay on the tv input and you could use the Dish remote to alternate between Fire stick and Dish inputs on the tv.

Or get a universal remote.***

Jan 16, 2021, 12:07 PM

Used to have a Harmony One, iirc, it was nice

Jan 16, 2021, 12:24 PM

but they changed it or did something that I never liked the newer model and 'newer' at that time was like three or four years ago.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think spooneye has one of those.

Jan 16, 2021, 12:35 PM

I had this more UDP unit which actually worked great. In fact l’m not sure why l stopped using it.

https://www.amazon.com/Inteset-Universal-Backlit-Learning-Streamers/dp/B00M4I1BAY

Replies: 12
| visibility 315
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic