Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Useful website that shows the peak curves for the USA
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,712

Useful website that shows the peak curves for the USA

Mar 29, 2020, 11:30 PM

and each State.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To date there have been 33,000 deaths worldwide, yet that

Mar 30, 2020, 12:17 AM

projects 80,000 deaths in the US. Seems a bit off, if you ask me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To date there have been 33,000 deaths worldwide, yet that

Mar 30, 2020, 12:24 AM

They can always hope.
Besides, it appears as if the CDC numbers show plummeting pneumonia and influenza deaths in the US all of a sudden. It’s almost as if they are counting as many deaths as they can as ‘rona victims. They’ll make the numbers work out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Mar 30, 2020, 11:37 AM

This is a fascinating statistic. If those figures are indeed being drawn down they are doing exactly that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that is not how that graph reads

Mar 30, 2020, 7:06 AM [ in reply to To date there have been 33,000 deaths worldwide, yet that ]

the curves all look correct to me, better than a lot of miss information out there to fead the fear. We don't know right now what will happen. So predictions are made with maybe showing the 5% to 95% probability. (1% happens just ask the families of people that die from COVID-19 so it could still be outside the ranges shown)

The way that graph is interpreted is that they greatest chance of total number of deaths is 40,000 to 140,000. Yes the average, or most likely, is 80,000 but we still just don't know.

Think hurricane predictions. They are rarely spot on, but sometimes are pretty close.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's because it took us 2 months to respond

Mar 30, 2020, 12:35 PM [ in reply to To date there have been 33,000 deaths worldwide, yet that ]

we are idjit Americans that do not trust science.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why does that seem off?

Mar 30, 2020, 12:44 PM [ in reply to To date there have been 33,000 deaths worldwide, yet that ]

It's going to continue to accelerate for a while before it slows down.

Mar 30, 2020, 4:28 PM [ in reply to To date there have been 33,000 deaths worldwide, yet that ]

I think the world wide deaths is a questionable number. I don’t know that the numbers from the Chinese government are accurate. They have a lot of incentive to downplay the impact. Some thing happened that got Trumps attention and changed his views on Covid 19. Was it intelligence reports that said it was worse in China than the world was being told? I don’t have any idea but go back and read the official stats on Tiananmen Square and then read reports from alleged eyewitnesses that came out later. It’s just something to consider.

Re: Useful website that shows the peak curves for the USA

Mar 30, 2020, 6:37 AM

Ohio projects a surplus of medical resources. I guess we should hop in our cars and hunker down in one of the cities.

that's because they all left and came to SC

Mar 30, 2020, 7:08 AM

with the new yorkers and jerseyites

Not sure if this is one of the models the Coronavirus Task

Mar 30, 2020, 7:20 AM

Force is looking at but it tracks with the dates coming out of yesterday's press conference. This model shows a US peak in mid-April and would explain why the nationwide mitigation procedures have been extended to 30 April.

If (and that is a big if) this model holds true, we will have made it through this first (and hopefully worst/last) wave of COVID-19 by the June-July time frame. If that's the case - I don't see a reason why we wouldn't start our summer football camp in late July or early August as scheduled.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,712
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic