Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Not playing OOC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,019

Not playing OOC

Jul 10, 2020, 8:10 AM

Can someone explain how not playing OOC games will keep anyone(fans or players) safer? Are ACC stadium seats cleaner than OOC seats? Do ACC players have cleaner blood, spit and sweat that’s shared on the field than OOC players? I know we’d like to think so but I just don’t see this scenario fixing anything and keeping all of us safer.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not playing OOC

Jul 10, 2020, 8:38 AM

YOU, my man, are clearly an "independent thinker" and obvious threat to the cancel culture. You need to get your mind right.

Re: Not playing OOC

Jul 10, 2020, 8:57 AM

It might help S.C. because Clemson would not be able to slam the chicken curse with the Orange Crush.

Not playing the gamecocks would start more than a protest in this state. The people that make this decision had better give this a lot of thought. It could affect many people in a negative way for a long time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is a way to shorten the season, start later and end

Jul 10, 2020, 9:55 AM

earlier. Also allows the conference to keep a closer reign on testing, risk, etc. since all schools have to comply; whereas another conference may not have as strict regulations in place. Just guessing here.

You'd think that the Power 5 conferences could come up with the same guidelines but then Big 10 goes rogue and announces that they're only doing conference games and it looks like ACC may follow suit.

It is a fuster-cluck.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It is a way to shorten the season, start later and end

Jul 10, 2020, 10:42 AM

I think the concern is that some of the smaller schools won't have the money for testing all the time, and for the quick result tests. That means they may be testing Tuesday or Wednesday for a Saturday game which could lead to an outbreak. It's likely going to cost millions per team for just the testing protocols that will need to be put in place.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2020, 10:50 AM

They do not test regularly. In some states there's still huge shortages of tests available.

My son plays at an FBS school - don't bother asking, I won't say which one! - but he's been tested once, that being when he reported in. They have not been able to test more than that and will only test further when somebody starts showing symptoms.

Problems with that - the entire girls' volleyball team at the school then turned around and tested positive, thanks to a party they had that they shouldn't have...and guess what, several football players were in attendance and now all of a sudden it could be in the football team's locker room. (It wasn't, initially, there were only two cases and those guys were quarantined and are already back.) The school was forced to suspend all sports for 48 hours while they sorted the mess out and decided what next steps are. There still no verdict on whether or not any football players were infected but there well could be.

This thing can be a brushfire, and without regular testing, there's no way to tell where those brushfires may pop up.

OOC games against teams without stringent testing could definitely be problematic.

Jul 14, 2020, 9:46 AM

Good inside information. That's the impression I got from it, but nice to see it confirmed.

I think the thought (beside the shortage in tests) is that these guys are "quarantined" together right now. In reality, we know they aren't really, and anyone could go to dinner or anywhere and get it, and pass it to the entire team.

Just based on the regulations put in place by the NBA and PGA so far, in order to have a season, they will have to require at least weekly tests before travelling to play another team in another state/location. It's going to be expensive and have to be regulated to some extent so everyone is held to the same standard. That would be tough to do across conferences unless the NCAA stepped in (which we all know won't happen).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,019
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic