Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tyler Davis
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Tyler Davis

Jul 1, 2020, 6:44 PM

most underrated, least talked about productive season as a Freshman Defensive player since Anthony Simmons. Guy literally took the middle of the defensive line and held it down by himself from start to finish. Unfortunately, it's one of those positions you cant measure by stats, but impressive nonetheless

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree, Tyler Davis had a surprisingly good frosh season.

Jul 1, 2020, 6:54 PM

Unfortunately for him, he is following two guys who were All-World at the position, Big Dexter Lawrence and Christian Wilkins. Those guys could not only anchor the middle of the line, they could bend it back into the quarterbacks lap and sack him.

Now, you can make the partial argument that they were so good because of the exceptional outside talent at defensive ends around them as well. I'll wholeheartedly agree to that logic.

I firmly believe this was the difference in us winning the Natty year before last, and losing it last year. We just did not have the RELENTLESS defensive front pressure to rattle the QB game in and game out.

I think recruiting has taken care of that for this coming year. Man, I hope we get to play. The talent is off the charts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree, Tyler Davis had a surprisingly good frosh season.

Jul 2, 2020, 12:26 PM

Agreed...that an our o line couldn't give Trevor any time.
Got whooped by a better team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, we had a three-man line almost every snap and our

Jul 1, 2020, 6:55 PM

defense was awesome so somebody obviously deserved a lot of credit.

He’s gonna be Grady Jarrett 2.0.

Jul 1, 2020, 6:59 PM

And Grady is one of my all-times favs, so I can't really give much higher praise than that.

~JKB

He will get his stats these next two years

Jul 2, 2020, 11:46 AM

with other wardaddies around him now, he is going to go 1-1 with a lot of centers and guards and EAT THEIR LUNCH!

Re: Tyler Davis

Jul 2, 2020, 12:30 PM

Wasnt Tyler first team freshman All American?
Oh shoot, I bet before long we'll have to change that name.
"American" will likely offend someone. ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tyler Davis

Jul 2, 2020, 12:50 PM

Super underrated . He got no mentions from the guys at 247 as a top ACC returning DT .
I was flabbergasted . Do you ever wonder how these people continue to collect paychecks ?
Our DL is going to be so good this year , just wait . Tyler Davis will be a household name after 2020 ( if the season goes in as planned ??)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

He was the best player on the DL last year

Jul 2, 2020, 2:48 PM

and I'm not sure it was even particularly close.

I hope we are able to get back to our bread and butter DE pressure this year. I do wonder if Venables will switch back to the 4-3 now that Simmons is gone and we have more depth coming in that can play DT.

Not hearing his name during games is a testament

Jul 2, 2020, 2:58 PM

As to how well he replaced two 1st rounders. Looking for great things from him, and dadgum, get us outta that 3-4 please!

Clemson

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic