Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 484

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Nov 2, 2020, 7:55 AM

Friday night, continued the streak of not really doing a #### thing productive. Leftovers for supper and movie watching

Saturday, watched the Tigers, wondered how much more dumb stuff could happen, enjoyed the win. Then off to Shoeless Brewing then Velo Fellow with some co-workers.

Sunday, super lazy until 4p. Then I washed my smoker from the weeks use and picked up just a few of the billion sticks in my yard that have to come up before the last mow. Then off to a friends place to watch to hang out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Nov 2, 2020, 7:56 AM

Kind of sucked.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welp, the Tigers won but I didn't die.

Nov 2, 2020, 7:57 AM

Watched a crappy football game with a great comeback.

Pretty much laid low the rest of the weekend.

5.66/10.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Pretty good after Saturday around 3:30

Nov 2, 2020, 7:58 AM

Probably drank too much but that's the norm these days, so I'd say it was a great success.

“To See a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.” WB

Great weekend! Thx 4 askin..

Nov 2, 2020, 8:03 AM

Fri got my negative covid result, so going to Sat game.
Took a grandson to game, not new to him he's been going since 2 years old. He loved sitting close to players, kept yelling at ETN to turn around. Great 2nd half we were up and yelling alot!
Took him back to Gville after game, made a beer run and picked up a Marcos White Cheezy on way back to Six Mile. Watched more football drank beer and fell asleep around 9:30.
Cleaned up limbs from storm and basically effed around rest of Sunday. Made a shrimp/italian sausage/red sauce pasta dish and has a nice chianti classico reserve for dinner...9.1/10

Kind of blurred into a week off, actually lost track of days

Nov 2, 2020, 8:05 AM

Thursday, MEDIUM volume acoustic jam session, it was excellent. Added a couple of new tunes to the set list and played until about 1 am because nobody had to work Friday.

Friday, slept in and then just kind of piddled around all day. Played some bass, watched some TV, hung out with dog and cat.

Saturday, paced, cussed, prayed, cried, sweated, drank whiskey. Typical Clemson football Saturday. Watched Alice Cooper live at Montreux 2005 show for Halloween night.

Sunday, housework I put off all week, errands, and grocery run. Came home and made a casserole for dinner with smoked sausage, little potatoes, onion, portabello mushrooms, and green beans. Saw the recipe online and tweaked it a little, turned out great. Finished watching The queen's Gambit on Netflix, highly recommend. Watched the Walking Deads, then crashed.

All in all, a great week mostly disconnected from technology and ignoring all work-related messaging. Gonna cost me this week, but oh well.

18.99/19 Covids.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I feel like all I did was snapchatted***

Nov 2, 2020, 8:06 AM

I feel the same.

Nov 2, 2020, 8:24 AM

like all you did this weekend was snapchat.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Good.

Nov 2, 2020, 8:08 AM

Tigers pull off an improbable comeback (just like Kim Kardashian...she got come on her back, right?).

Cooked baby back ribs on the Traeger using a no muss, no fuss recipe that turned out great. Enjoyed them all weekend.

Using an Instapot to cook beans has been a revelation; no soaking required, and ready in less than an hour start to finish.

Started watching "Queen's Gambit" on Netflix, so far pretty good.

Watched latest episode of "Fargo;" it's been treading water setting up the plot lines, but I think it's about to take off.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Every man is my superior, in that I may learn something from him."

Purdy gud.

Nov 2, 2020, 8:11 AM

Saturday got up, drank coffee, watched GameDay then Clemson WINNING! Then trimmed the skrubz, washed up and off to Halloween. Kids raked in a record haul. Sunday got up, watched church, then watched parents church service. Was All Saints Sunday, so they lit a candle for dad. Went to 2 Publixes and 5 hours and $600 later returned with our food. Got meds for wife. Corrected a report for work. Grilled steaks last night.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

6 Bennys...how long will that last?

Nov 2, 2020, 8:50 AM

We are like $2-300 every Sunday at Publix. Closer to 2 if I go, closer to 3 if wife goes.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's for mom's food and our family of 5.

Nov 2, 2020, 9:02 AM

Granted we only have one kid eating semi-adult portions so far. And her umpteen cartons of cigs. Prolly closer to $100/$300 if you take out the cigs.

What we have been doing lately though has saved us $100-$200 a month. Do an online order of the essentials and cheap stuff from Wal-Mart. Then what's left, Publix. I bought the whole load at Publix this time. We also do a Sam's run, roughly quarterly. I mean milk, hamburger meat, canned goods, microwave veggies, etc. is all common stuff we get at Wal-Mart. Fresh produce, meats, and specialty items, we get at Publix.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get on my level dude, $1200 a week for us

Nov 2, 2020, 9:14 AM

Seven people eating adult sized meals.

I need to kick some of these out the house

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like it.***

Nov 2, 2020, 9:17 AM

Busy

Nov 2, 2020, 8:13 AM

Friday: Went to the haunted car wash at the beach. Didn't tell kids what was going on. They flipped the #### out. Was hilarious.

Saturday: ran errands. Went trick or treating with the kids. Did hayride festivities and bonfire afterwards.

Sunday: Lazy day, grilled. Not bad.gif

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

So So....

Nov 2, 2020, 8:15 AM

Friday, mother-of came up for daughter-of's birthday. Went to Papa and Beer's for dinner...that place is meh at best now. Daughter-of did the sombrero thing and ate fried ice cream, so it was fine.

Saturday, we had a kitchen table, chairs, bench made for us that was being delivered at 10, so had to disassemble current table. A lot of stripped bolts and a lot of cussing. New set-up was good. Made by a Furman asst baseball coach who is out of work due to them cutting their program. Would recommend.

Watched our game with mom and family in room. Recipe for disaster. My mom was relentlessly carrying on about some non-sense while we are playing like poop. It was beyond acceptable game time behavior. I had to excuse myself to watch the 2nd half solo in my bedroom as I felt a "shut the eff up" bubbling right under the surface. After the game, was spent emotionally. Watched more football as kids went out trick-or-treating with friends and wife gave out candy at the end of our driveway. $100 of candy gone in under 1 hour...our neighborhood is crazy with all of the people that are trucked in. Kids have fun so whatever...was glad i was able to watch the games and not have to walk around with kids now.

Sunday...cook breakfast, go to store, put chuck-roast in oven for pot roast dinner...followed new technique that was outstanding and mush better than crockpot. Will dew again. Fantasy team sucked, but Steelers won, so good day all around. At kids request, watched some scary movies from the 80's...Halloween, and Poltergeist. Hadn't seen them in 30+ yrs...they kind of sucked. Watch Distrubia with 12 yo son and wife. That one got son a bit, but he enjoyed it. Hadn't had him sit in den with family for that long in a long time, so was good.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like the burritos as Papa's and Beer.

Nov 2, 2020, 8:33 AM

Sharkgirl and my dad's sweet lady really enjoy their tableside guacamole.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I assume in G'ville? We went to the one in Anderson....

Nov 2, 2020, 8:43 AM

it's been on a steady decline for the last 2 yrs.

We went to the one in G'ville some time back and it was much better.

Yep, one in Greenville. I didn't even know there was one

Nov 2, 2020, 8:45 AM

in Anderson.

Quiet weekend to be on-call at the plant.

Nov 2, 2020, 8:23 AM

Dude got a burn to his eye. Lost a few hours of production for another issue. All in all, not too shabby.

I formed and poured the new lid for my septic tank. Also replaced the top two courses of brick on the tank.

Went to a grown-up halloween party on Friday night. Had to sign a covid waiver?!?! oh well. Good party, despite that. Great catered food, mid-shelf liquor and beer. Some decently cool people.

Installed my new distribution box, used a laser transit to get the 1st leach field line graded to the correct elevation. Got the pipe installed, just needs gravel.

Trickertreating with the kids. Son was a hotdog with a witch hat... a "Wicked Weiner". Daughter was a scary doll. 2yr old nephew was Elvis. I ate so much candy that I got sick.

Stuck it to the wife 3 times this weekend. Great success!

3 times in one weekend? Will that hold you over until

Nov 2, 2020, 8:35 AM

Valentine's?

I hope it doesn't have to.

Nov 2, 2020, 8:45 AM

I blame it on the full moon.

and on her getting drunk Friday and Saturday nights.

and for me being a stud.

pretty spooky

Nov 2, 2020, 8:40 AM

Fri - weekly steak night

Sat - had to start drinking earlier than normal b/c Clemson. went to in-laws at half time after changing shirts. came back and hung out w/ neighbors while their kids trick or treated

Sun - worked around the house. prepped up baseboards to hopefully wrap up this flooring shenanigans. cooked some chili throughout the day was pretty dang good.

Busy

Nov 2, 2020, 8:47 AM

Power was out at school on Friday so kids and wife were home. I worked a half day then went for a run and packed up car to go to Summerville/Charleston. Get down there, eat dinner, drink a couple beers and cruise around the neighborhood in golf cart looking at all the northern transplants.

Wake up Saturday morning for a run with wife, wife's aunt watched kids. We did 5+ miles through their hood. Adjacent to them is an age restricted neighborhood and everyone there had to be a northern transplant. All the accents were not Southern. Saw old folks playing pickleball. Back to the house and then out to Botany Bay and Edisto Island. They have one of the oldest houses on Edisto, used to be the game warden's house (which was great grandfather or something like that). Kept up with the clemson game on phone and watched end of third through final. Never in doubt. Back to Summerville for trick-or-treating with kids. Got pretty drunk, kids had fun, nice night. We don't live in a neighborhood so doing this via golfcart was a nice departure from the typical Halloween, even during a pandemic.

Sunday morning up for breakfast and into Charleston to get lunch. Fleet Landing was good, Lobster stuffed hushpuppies, Blackened Triggerfish Sammich, kids had some crazy French Toast which was good. Started to rain so we cruised through downtown and decided to head back home. Got home after what seemed like a 14 hour drive (It's 3 hours) and unpacked. I went to grocery store and then we ate and went to bed. Arsenal beat ManU at some point in time Sunday so I watched those highlights. Slept like a rock, dogs were up at 3:10 to eat. FML.

Happy Monday.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Movember got off to an early start

Nov 2, 2020, 8:51 AM

when your power is out for 4 days Thurs-Sun, shaving takes a backseat.

Grilled every piece of meat I had in my fridge/freezer and threw the rest of its contents away (for second time this year - thanks Duke Power).

Brother and I chainsawed and burned the 90' White Oak, 60' Walnut, and 2-20' Dogwoods that fell in the backyard. Listened to Clemson game on radio while working in yard on above mentioned trees. No other contact with the outside world.

Took first shower since Wednesday late Sunday night.

Not bad at all

Nov 2, 2020, 9:05 AM

Friday: not one thing, watched some feetsball, I think ?

Saturday: up and to Cootlumbia for scokker action, two games, second was during the CLemson game, so I did not freak out because I didn't even know the score. Listened to Coach Munson call the second half on the way home, and cheered on the two defensive stands at the end. Good guys win.

Fired up the Blackstone and cooked some amazing sweet and sour chicken, veggies and home fries for supper. The fam scarfed it up before THE SPOOKY NIGHT OF FULL MOON. Handed out candy, caught up on the Jounge Snap overreactions to the game. Laughed my ### off at stubborn_tiger® handing out packs of grits instead of candy. Fell asleep

Sunday: THANK OUR LORD AND SAVIOR TREVOR for an extra hour of sleep. UP early to hit up ROCK THRILL. Had a match at the BMX Park with the velodrome (Obed®) and had no idea such a facility existed. Was overcast, rainy and cold. Finished up topped off gas at QT, did not see TOTE1's ex new beau. Headed home. Caught the end of the first NFL games, sat down and made bacon-wrapped pickles for my daughter (Micallen Tharealdonjuan), got good reviews, cleaned up from the weekend, laughed about gotigers37® hatred of Sprectrum and nodded off giggling at the Cowboys

Oh, aerozeptallica is a lot funnier than I've given him credit for

12/10 wood dew again

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Came here to axe Micallen

Nov 2, 2020, 9:42 AM

about pickles. I got a sneak peak at MauldinT's spreadsheet this weekend and on row 16 column N it's noted that you don't like pickles.

Do you not like pickles? How does one not like pickles?

4 day vacation for me

Nov 2, 2020, 9:47 AM

rare that I take 4 days off in a row. The last time was February.

I only spent a couple of hours on work the whole weekend and stopped working at all after Friday morning.

It was an awesome time and I was able to help a lot of businesses that were struggling. Even if it was just a few bucks we bought something from as many stores as possible. Wifey loved it. Kids and grandkids will have a nice Christmas too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The return of the Cardiac Cats made it more interesting

Nov 2, 2020, 12:08 PM

Just sayin'.

Had about 40 kids come by looking for candy Saturday night.

Sunday uneventful.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_majors_champ.jpg2008_nascar_champ.gif2015_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When we drink, we get drunk.
When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
So, let's all get drunk, and go to heaven!

Replies: 28
| visibility 484
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic