Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Not a soccer fan, but went to ATL United game tonight.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,957

Not a soccer fan, but went to ATL United game tonight.

Sep 27, 2017, 10:55 PM

A few thoughts...

1) The Mercedes Benz Stadium is very impressive with a very open, clean and bright environment. Just wished the roof would have been open.

2) The Food and drink prices are much more affordable than anything you'll find in any other stadiums. These prices are consistent across all events, games and shows. You'll also find more food, beer and mix drink options than you'll find anywhere else too.

3) If you ever get a chance, I highly recommend going to a ATL United game. Lots of energy, lots of fun.

Now I just need to learn the game a little better, and, all the chants!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not a soccer fan, but went to ATL United game tonight.

Sep 27, 2017, 11:16 PM

Pretty epic, isn't it? Went to the last game at Bobby Dodd and that was rocking. Never saw a Georgia Tech game that had half that kind of energy, or fan support.

Atlanta United is putting 70K in the seats for soccer games. They've been finishing fourth world-wide in attendance, actually...behind Manchester United, Borussia Dortmund, and Bayern Munich. That's, uhm...fairly select company.

Oh, and Atlanta United can flat-out play. They brought back Brad Guzan - who usually has very little to do because the team is so dominant he could basically bring his lounger and cell phone out on the field - and they have some elite young players like Almiron and Martinez who could play for durn near anybody in the world.

Arthur Blank did himself proud on this one.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Camp Nou in Barcelona has to average

Sep 28, 2017, 12:26 AM

More too right? I think that stadium bonds 90,000

Sep 28, 2017, 11:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Not a soccer fan, but went to ATL United game tonight. ]

The league and ATLUTD better pony up next year if they want to keep Almiron and Martinez. Otherwise they're getting a big fat pay raise in Europe.

Atlanta United has been playing lights out

Sep 28, 2017, 12:25 AM

Recently. Been crushing teams at home

Going to a soccer match is a wakeup call for folks who think CFB has a monopoly on passion

Sep 28, 2017, 4:54 AM

I used to go to SJ Earthquakes matches when I lived out there. Talk about a blast....on the bucket list is a Premier League or Serie A match one day. You get sucked into the atmosphere and it is a great time. Beautiful game if you truly understand it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been to a few Real Salt Lake games this year

Sep 28, 2017, 12:06 PM

Very enjoyable and fun.

I toured the San Siro in Milan a few summers ago. Unfortunately it wasn't during the season so I didn't get to see a game. Personally I am partial to the Serie A, but unfortunately it's slipping as far as league strength. Lots of trans are in financial trouble and they are falling far behind the EPL, La Liga and Bundesliga.

Sep 28, 2017, 10:28 AM

I was there last night too! What a scene, I couldn't believe how loud it was.

It looks like I was almost in the same section, 122 row 41. Great seats!

Sep 28, 2017, 10:50 AM

TigerCC I was also ignorant to Soccer until I got to Clemson and had a roommate teach me the game.

He used FIFA as his teaching tool it was pretty good.

Soccer has now become probably my 3rd favorite sport behind Football and Basketball.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,957
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic