Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So one of the doctors at work got the vaccine last week
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

So one of the doctors at work got the vaccine last week

Dec 30, 2020, 5:49 PM

and tested positive for COVID today.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So one of the doctors at work got the vaccine last week

Dec 30, 2020, 5:55 PM

I think like the flu shot it takes a few weeks to work. Maybe it will be very mild for him since he got the shot. I know they track stuff like this to try to learn more. Prayers sent

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2020, 5:55 PM

It also takes two shots, 21 days apart

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2020, 6:07 PM

No it doesn’t actually take 2 shots. 1 Phfizer shot gets you a little better than 50% immunity. The second shot gets you to the 95% or whatever it’s rated at. That’s why they were considering giving the 100,000 available doses to 100,000 people vs 50,000.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and then a week or two for the second shot to kick in***

Dec 30, 2020, 6:07 PM [ in reply to Re: So one of the doctors at work got the vaccine last week ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am sorry he did not get the vaccine in time to prevent infection.

Dec 30, 2020, 6:00 PM

Hope he recovers quickly.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am sorry he did not get the vaccine in time to prevent infection.

Dec 30, 2020, 6:02 PM

Actually the vaccine could’ve been how he got it.

Dec 30, 2020, 6:04 PM

And they aren’t 100% effective anyway.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Not a live virus....

Dec 30, 2020, 6:05 PM [ in reply to Re: I am sorry he did not get the vaccine in time to prevent infection. ]

My sister can get this vaccine.....if it was live....she would not be able to take it.

Re: Not a live virus....

Dec 30, 2020, 6:08 PM

Can you guarantee that 100%! Do you know for a fact that this vaccine can’t cause someone to get the virus? We already know a lot of people have adverse effects and get very sick from it.

Yes....

Dec 30, 2020, 6:12 PM

Adverse effects....sure. Side effects.....sure. But....I guantertee her transplant doctors would not be putting her in front of the line for this vaccine if it was a live virus.

Look at the science.

Re: Yes....

Dec 30, 2020, 6:50 PM

You didn’t answer my question. Just because it’s not a live virus doesn’t mean you can’t still get the virus from it. We don’t know that 100%. We will only know it over time. There is no science to follow. This is brand new. After a lot of people have had the vaccine and we get six months nine months down the road then will have some statistics to look back on.

I do look at the science which is why I know that the fear and loathing and propaganda over Covid is nonsense because Covid is not killing people. People that have serious health issues like metabolic syndrome and other chronic conditions are dying in conjunction with Covid but Covid by itself is not killing a lot of people. Even the CDC has omitted that. The regular flu kills more people than Covid kills people. But if you have other conditions then Cove it can cause a problem. 30 to 50 years ago Covid would not be causing problems because 30 to 50 years ago people were far healthier. What’s killing Americans and people all around the world and not just the obese is our diet primarily sugar. Go watch fat Fiction it’s a documentary on Amazon.

Re: Yes....

Dec 30, 2020, 7:26 PM

Come on moron. This in not a vaccine in the old term. It is a protein spike that enables your body to fight a virus. In the way old days they gave live viruses. Even in the last twenty years the vaccines given were based on dead viruses. At some point you will realize your point is stupid and will stop arguing. Until then enjoy looking stupid

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just because the dead raccoon is in

Dec 30, 2020, 7:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Yes.... ]

the middle of the road doesn’t mean he can’t crawl to the side ditch

Yes I can guarantee it can’t cause the virus, 100%***

Dec 30, 2020, 7:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Not a live virus.... ]

BTW mRNA is not new science. It is to allow you to recognize a protein,

Dec 30, 2020, 7:11 PM

It’s not the genetic code for the virus.

Thank you loving it...

Dec 30, 2020, 7:19 PM

I am done here.

Re: Thank you loving it...

Dec 30, 2020, 7:30 PM

One last thing to do here TennesseeLadyTiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BTW mRNA is not new science. It is to allow you to recognize a protein,

Dec 30, 2020, 7:22 PM [ in reply to BTW mRNA is not new science. It is to allow you to recognize a protein, ]

I know how The vaccination works and I know it’s not new science but it is fairly new in terms of being used as a vaccination. And if we have learned anything it’s that there’s no such thing as known science 100%. Scientist are starting to question Darwins theory‘s after believing that they were the gospel and above reproach. Science Is the art of getting things less and less wrong. Carl Sagan

you clearly have no idea how a virus or differnt vaccines

Dec 30, 2020, 7:29 PM

work. You proved that with your questions and incorrect statements.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^ This***

Dec 30, 2020, 7:48 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

You obviously don’t know how the vaccine works but that’s ok.***

Dec 30, 2020, 7:50 PM [ in reply to Re: BTW mRNA is not new science. It is to allow you to recognize a protein, ]

Dec 30, 2020, 7:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Not a live virus.... ]

Can you guarantee that 100%! Do you know for a fact that this vaccine can’t cause someone to get the virus? We already know a lot of people have adverse effects and get very sick from it.

Yup. Not a live virus. Quit your stupid scare tactics.

Dec 30, 2020, 7:23 PM

I’m not using scare tactics. I’m simply pointing out we don’t know everything about these vaccinations yet. It’s called being a skeptic. That’s what scientists and journalist and other people are supposed to be. Skeptics.

Dec 30, 2020, 7:32 PM

I am skeptical of your skepticism.

0% chance that happened***

Dec 30, 2020, 6:07 PM [ in reply to Re: I am sorry he did not get the vaccine in time to prevent infection. ]

Re: 0% chance that happened***

Dec 30, 2020, 6:10 PM

I thought they work 90 something percent of the time?

yes, but he said the vaccine gave him covid

Dec 30, 2020, 6:12 PM

which cannot happen

Dec 30, 2020, 6:12 PM [ in reply to Re: I am sorry he did not get the vaccine in time to prevent infection. ]

Incorrect. The vaccine does not contain virus. It contains RNA which triggers a protein which protects against the virus

Dec 30, 2020, 7:21 PM [ in reply to Re: I am sorry he did not get the vaccine in time to prevent infection. ]

Actually the vaccine could’ve been how he got it.

Nope. Not a live virus like we got in the 70s and earlier. No chance of getting the virus from this vaccine

Dec 30, 2020, 6:09 PM

So he is one of the 9% where it doesn't work. Sucks for him. It happens.

Takes up to 2 weeks for any protection....

Dec 30, 2020, 6:13 PM

Just like the flu shot. Plus you have to have the second dose.

Dec 30, 2020, 6:14 PM [ in reply to Re: So one of the doctors at work got the vaccine last week ]

No it hasn’t been long enough for him to gain immunity. It takes roughly 14 days for the first shot to get you to 50ish% (I don’t remember the exact number). The second shot gets you the full 90ish% roughly 14 days after the second shot so it takes roughly 35 days for the full affect.

Dec 30, 2020, 6:14 PM [ in reply to Re: So one of the doctors at work got the vaccine last week ]

No it hasn’t been long enough for him to gain immunity. It takes roughly 14 days for the first shot to get you to 50ish% (I don’t remember the exact number). The second shot gets you the full 90ish% roughly 14 days after the second shot so it takes roughly 35 days for the full affect.

who cares?***

Dec 30, 2020, 6:11 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Wouldn't it be possible for the vaccine to cause a false positive? I'm not a doctor, but I received a degree from a great university - CLEMSON - where they teach us how to think.

Wouldn't it be possible for the vaccine to cause a false positive? I'm not a doctor, but I received a degree from a great university - CLEMSON - where they teach us how to think.

IRe: So one of the doctors at work got the vaccine last week

Dec 30, 2020, 6:42 PM

Awesome results.

Where do I sign up?

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic