Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone use Motorola's RAZR?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 459

Anyone use Motorola's RAZR?

Apr 11, 2014, 11:36 AM

How do you like it?

I was going to order the new Samsung 5 but I don't think I want a phone that size.

Verizon rep was encouraging me to buy the RAZR.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My Razr Maxx is nearing 2 months old. I must have gotten

Apr 11, 2014, 11:40 AM

something bad on it because apps will randomly stop responding. A factor reset didn't help and restarting doesn't always help.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i am sorry my son, you have purchased Satan in digital form***

Apr 11, 2014, 11:43 AM

DO NOT SEEK THE TREASURE

Apr 11, 2014, 11:42 AM

I have the Razr Maxx, and can't wait to trade it in for a Samsung. Had a Samsung b4 and only reason I traded it in was b/c was older and wasn't getting latest Android updates any more. Went with the Razr b/c increased battery life.
Over the last 6 months, has gotten so laggy, sometimes have to shut it down and restart just to make a phone call. After about 1 year in service, totally crapped out and had to get a new one on the insurance I had luckily done. Have a partner in my office, same phone, same lagging issues.

Do the Samsung, or maybe an HTC. I will never buy another Motorolla

Oh yeah, I totally agree, I have a Samsung and it really

Apr 11, 2014, 11:45 AM

sucks. Dame problems as a Motorola. Get an iPhone.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

samsung wut?

Apr 11, 2014, 11:48 AM

i'm up for a new phone in a week, and will prob 'go cheap' and get an S4 for $29 or something...

I went with the first Google Nexus that was made by Samsung

Apr 11, 2014, 11:50 AM

it was $100 when the S4 was brand new. It really really really really sucks bawls, and I am on my second juan.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Galaxy Nexus***

Apr 11, 2014, 11:51 AM

I had the Fascinate which I think was the "S1"

Apr 11, 2014, 11:52 AM [ in reply to I went with the first Google Nexus that was made by Samsung ]

loved it, it still runs like a jewel, had to use it as a stopgap when they were sending my a replacement

Which Samsung

Apr 11, 2014, 11:53 AM [ in reply to Oh yeah, I totally agree, I have a Samsung and it really ]

have a friend with the S3, loves it

Galaxy Nexus.***

Apr 11, 2014, 11:54 AM

Reckon that some Google update is really to blame?

Apr 11, 2014, 11:46 AM [ in reply to DO NOT SEEK THE TREASURE ]

I also picked this one because of the battery life. Coming from an Incredible, that battery life was important. Here is the kicker for me; I am still on an unlimited data plan so I am pretty well stuck with this phone for a good bit longer.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Last update was well before issues started***

I'm thinking it has to do with the Chrome or

Apr 11, 2014, 11:53 AM

Google Now more than Jellybean or whatever candy OS is on now.

Re: I'm thinking it has to do with the Chrome or

Apr 11, 2014, 11:58 AM

huh, I disabled Google Now b/c it was sucking on my phone. Do use Chrome, don't know if I want to do the native browser b/c of how Chrome works so well with maps etc

Re: Reckon that some Google update is really to blame?

Apr 11, 2014, 11:52 AM [ in reply to Reckon that some Google update is really to blame? ]

I have an Incredible and its been good enough for a while, but now and then it goes blank along with a few other hi-cups.

Now, my navigator is stuck ( by mistake ) on Verizon nav. I'm not paying extra for Verizons Navigator data crap.

The 6 hour battery just didn't cut it for me on that one.

It was free from Bestbuy when I got ride of the Blackberry and I knew the battery wasn't awesome. I was willing to make that trade at the time.

I'll probably get the LG II ( i think that's it) and 4s or

Apr 11, 2014, 11:59 AM

iphone.

Liked that LG when I first saw it!

Re: The 6 hour battery just didn't cut it for me on that one.

Apr 11, 2014, 12:17 PM [ in reply to The 6 hour battery just didn't cut it for me on that one. ]

I agree, the battery life isn't that good. I also want to take better photos with my phone. With my incredible I've got to be pretty close to the subject.

That Navigator sucks now too that it is stuck. One app that I used alot.

Another problem... I can't go to my webpage. It will pop up with a google search, then goes back to google search page.
If I'm quick enough to click on a product that independent page will open. Once I go back to my home page it promptly returns to google search.
Possessed or what?

What do you mean stuck?***

Apr 11, 2014, 12:25 PM

Re: What do you mean stuck?***

Apr 11, 2014, 12:32 PM

When I want to use my Navigation app Now, instead of having two choices of the app like I once did, Verizon's VZ Navigatior app intrudes and blocks my previous choices. I can't delete the app either.

Have you done this?

Apr 11, 2014, 12:38 PM

http://blog.laptopmag.com/how-to-change-default-apps-in-android

No, but I give it a try. Thank you!***

Apr 11, 2014, 12:47 PM

Well, did it work?***

Apr 11, 2014, 1:42 PM

I'll have to try it tomorrow.***

Apr 11, 2014, 3:26 PM

Thanks for the reminder.... It worked!

Apr 16, 2014, 11:03 AM [ in reply to Have you done this? ]

I owe you a brew!

A motorola what?***

Apr 11, 2014, 11:44 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#ACCFTS

Galaxy Nexus.******

Apr 11, 2014, 12:22 PM

fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap***

Apr 11, 2014, 12:33 PM

I just retired mine last week, but I wouldn't recommend you

get the pink one, people were laughing at mine recently.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks... my son wouldn't want to play Angry Birds on

a pink one!

Re: Anyone use Motorola's RAZR?

I have one. It is OK I guess. I really liked my HTC Thunderbolt but the battery life sucked on it. This one is much better but a little smaller. It is ALWAYS trying to update Google something. Hangs up occasionally but not any more than my HTC. The rest of the family has Iphone 4 and 5's. They seem pretty good. I do like having the micro SD card available on the Androids.

Re: Sorry OP haven't upgraded from the Starac yet***

Apr 11, 2014, 12:38 PM

Like 5 years ago.***

Apr 11, 2014, 1:37 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

lg g2***

Apr 11, 2014, 1:40 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: lg g2***.... Think this is my favorite.***

Apr 11, 2014, 4:01 PM

Schick Hydro 5

Apr 11, 2014, 4:14 PM

HTH

Not a joke: I actually use the Samsung Smooth.

Apr 11, 2014, 4:19 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HTC One

Apr 16, 2014, 12:59 PM

I'm with Verizon as well and absolutely love this phone. My first Android phone was the original Droid by Motorola, and then moved to the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, and now the HTC One. This phone is by far the best, which it should be I guess. It's over a year old and it still feels new. It has virtually no lag, and the Sense overlay on Android is nice. I'm rooted and running a ROM with the new Sense 6 software which is on the new HTC One M8 and it's beautiful and works terrific.

My only beef with the phone was it had a purple hue in pics taken at night with other lights in the area. I sent it to HTC and they fixed it free of charge.

BTW, no matter what phone you get, root the thing, remove all of the Verizon crapware they put on it along with other unnecessary software, and put Greenify on it. It will run better and the battery will last longer.

Replies: 38
| visibility 459
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic