Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Not a big fan of best ever talk from coaches
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Not a big fan of best ever talk from coaches

Jan 12, 2019, 3:29 PM

That something others say about you, not something you proclaim

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They beat the team that was PROCLAIMED

Jan 12, 2019, 3:32 PM

the BEST TEAM ever all season. Nothing wrong with pointing it out !!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They beat the team that was PROCLAIMED

Jan 12, 2019, 3:55 PM

I must agree. However, saying the '18 team is his best is OK.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not a big fan of best ever talk from coaches

Jan 12, 2019, 3:32 PM

He's just poking at the Media.
He knows they would NEVER say it about Clemson, but fall all over themselves to say it about Alabama.

A great thing about this year is the busting of the SEC myth. Even the talking heads have been admitting it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I would normally agree with you.

Jan 12, 2019, 3:33 PM

15-0 Championship is a drop the MIKE Award! Against the Best - Yep -I'm all-in!

Re: I would normally agree with you.

Jan 12, 2019, 3:34 PM

Besides - We were just driving the ROY Bus until the Final Whistle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dabo can say whatever he wants

Jan 12, 2019, 3:38 PM

This is the benchmark for all of his coming teams to aspire to..

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best CLEMSON team ever***

Jan 12, 2019, 3:39 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

^^^ THIS ^^^^

Jan 12, 2019, 4:40 PM

He was talking about in Clemson history. And he is correct.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^^^ THIS ^^^^

Jan 12, 2019, 4:43 PM

No he was not. He said no team has ever done it before, not just Clemson. Idk why people have to read into it. He said we’re the best because no one has done what we done. Until someone can go 15-0 in today’s era he’s right. No need to interpret. Best ever.

Re: ^^^ THIS ^^^^

Jan 12, 2019, 8:32 PM

No, I'm not reading anything into it. He is plainly talking about our seniors wanting to be the best class ever in Clemson history..

Watch this again from the 8:00 min mark.

http://www.tigernet.com/e/update/WATCH-Swinney-says-2018-team-is-Best-ever-after-National-title-parade-32170

Dabo is not saying that our team was better than all other college teams, ever. He is saying that the 2018 team was the best ever in Clemson history. Just listen to the metrics that he uses to make that claim. Beat FSU 4 times, needed to win 50 games, etc.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Normally I'd agree but I think allot of it is just in

Jan 12, 2019, 3:40 PM

response to the talk all year of this Alabama team being the best ever. When you combine that with the 15-0 thing, it kind of makes sense

Ahhh***

Jan 12, 2019, 4:02 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2019, 4:04 PM

We just stomped a mudhole in the team ESECN proclaimed as the greatest team ever.
Dabo isn't wrong.

I'm less of a fan on the "1st ever 15-0 team", since that

Jan 12, 2019, 4:05 PM

wasn't even possible in the modern era, to just four years ago! But we are the first ever, undefeated CFP champion!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At 15-0, it’s tough not to agree.***

Jan 12, 2019, 4:07 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My take is he was saying that this is the best Clemson

Jan 12, 2019, 4:39 PM

team ever. I have to agree with him on that because never have we had a team come close to winning 15 games with the majority of them by more than 20 points. With all due respect to the '81 team and the '16 team as well as some of those powerhouses Howard had this is the best Clemson team ever. As for the best team ever of any school you can go ahead and argue about that and I will sit back and watch because that is completely opinion based and no real world facts.

Absolutely not a fan of xtiger***

Jan 12, 2019, 4:44 PM

Absolutely not a fan of xtiger***

Jan 12, 2019, 4:44 PM

We are currently the best ever, until the next guy comes

Jan 12, 2019, 4:48 PM

along. We're 15-0, no one has done that lately. We beat the previous best football team ever. Badly. Bama was the best football team ever until they played us. Now we are. Hopefully it's a while before the next man steps up. GT gets the first shot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2019, 4:50 PM

Not a big fan of someone saying how great they are either. But I think Dabo was talking about Best Clemson team - although it’s hard to compare teams objectively across different years and different eras. There is no question though that the Tigers beat the best of the best this year - and beat them handily!! And there were many claims during the year by many different sources that this Alabama team was the best ever!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Jan 12, 2019, 4:53 PM

"Best Ever" is not an opinion, it's a fact, backed up by data. Clemson is the only team in the modern era of college football to go 15-0. The senior class tied bama for the most career wins in college football history at 55. The experts all said bama was the best team ever, and we beat them badly Monday night. We're now the best ever.

A-LA-BAMA #5, A-LA-BAMA #4, A-LA-BAMA #3...

Jan 12, 2019, 5:46 PM

A-LA-BAMA #2. A-LA-BAMA #1.

IT's ALABAMA, then everybody else.-Stephen A

Year after year we have to listen to "SEC speed, SEC defense, SEC running game, SEC linemen ba-la-ba, ba-la-ba-la."

ESPiN started this and Dabo put it to bed with a 44-16 askwhuppin of all top five. best in the ultraverse, underverse, oververse and all dimensional teams at the same time. History was made, we beat the all time top five football teams in just 60 minutes. Demoralized, possibly ending a ESPiN fabricated from the ground up, Dynasty.

Dabo is as reasonable and objective as any man on the planet and has the patients of Job but even Job got his nerves rattled there toward the end. ESPiN has deserved a good dose of what they've been dishing out for over a decade, good old fashioned down home rhetoric which southerners call smackdown.

IMO, ESPiN's claim was outrageous. There is no way to compare teams from different times, systems, players, competition and styles but they started it on a foundation poured in the same then built upon that foundation year after year. What did the expect.

If you start claiming a team keeps getting better year after year for years then make the outrageous statement that they are the best of all time before the year has ended and another team comes along and beats them like a rented mule you get exactly what you built. A illusion built upon a delusion.

Dabo is rightfully shoving it up their pootshoots with a red hot poker.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2019, 6:01 PM

I think the comment is related to Dabo's speech where he described how he encouraged the team to be the best. He said to be the best you have to be ready to accomplish something no one else has done. And we did that. Best team of all time based on that.

Go Tigers!!!

Jan 12, 2019, 7:53 PM

I've had so much enjoyment re our championship I haven't had time to find something with which I can disagree or complain about. And, looking at my schedule, it's so full of happiness I will have to postpone that task until sometime in 2029 or, thereabouts. when I become a senior citizen.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coaches are the "Others". Players Play***

Jan 12, 2019, 7:57 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

When it's a fact, it's OK to say

Jan 12, 2019, 8:42 PM

15-0 is the best ever in football as it is played today. Besides, Dabo is always recruiting. It's more about that than bragging.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

No brag ... Just FACT! Old saying ... still true.

Jan 12, 2019, 8:43 PM

Granted, the 15 wins are pretty much limited to teams that have made the playoffs, but ... to win 15 ... and ... win the last two in the totally dominating fashion Clemson did is nothing any team has EVER done before.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2019, 9:50 PM

It’s not bragging if it’s true.
Future NFL 1st Rd Picks: 2 DEs, 2 DTs, QB, 2 WRs
Future NFL 1st Day Picks: LT, CB, MLB, RB
Future NFL Players: 2 S, OG, OT, CB, WR, OLB

That’s just the starters...

7 All ACC Players
5 All Americans
3 Freshman All Americans

15-0 and dominated Notre Dame and Bama. Name me a better team with more talent.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic