Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Not Often I Agree With Lou Holtz - But Maybe This
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Not Often I Agree With Lou Holtz - But Maybe This

Aug 20, 2020, 10:18 AM

Holtz said people have gotta stop thinking a 'Covid positive' equals a death sentence - or is like a cancer diagnosis. The median age for Covid death is an astounding 78. Just think - MEDIAN age. A whopping 93% of deaths are 55+ - and nearly all deaths involve the usual horrible underlying diseases: diabetes, cancer, COPD, ongoing heart problems, etc. People 25 & under (dead from Covid) still comprise a microscopic 1/13th of ONE-percent. Like climbing a ladder - your risk of death goes up sharply the older you get.

The solution is simple. Just hold all classes, sports practices and athletic games inside Walmart or a Walmart parking lot. That's a proven 'Covid-free Zone' worldwide.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not Often I Agree With Lou Holtz - But Maybe This

Aug 20, 2020, 10:40 AM

The issue Danny hit on was one I wondered about. If its something you get young what are the repercussions 20 or more years down the road.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2020, 11:39 AM

There are many things that one can get in a young age and
die 20 years later. Look at our soldiers in the middle
East.Is anyone concerned that they will die 20 years from
now because of something they contacted in that environment?

Your genes will kill you faster. We will all die from something
so live your life and be happy but protect yourself from the
knowns and don't worry about the unknowns.

Message was edited by: irmotig®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2020, 11:55 AM

Where are all these people who think that COVID equals a death sentence? I certainly know people who are 70+ who don't want to take their chances, but other than that I haven't seen all of this fear over death.

I will say this though. People keep saying that it's only people who are 55+ and/or people with diabetes or heart conditions who are really at risk as if the number of those people is very small or something. There are over 34 million diabetics in the US currently, and over 71 million people aged 60+ in the US. There's also an estimated 121 million people in the US with some sort of heart condition. Now, of course many people in the figures I just mentioned will overlap and be counted in 2 or all 3 of those figures, but that's nearly 1/3 of the population that's considered to be at high risk based on the heart condition factor alone.

I don't say any of that to say anyone should panic, and I'm not in a panic myself as I've mostly gone about my life as normal aside from my employer having us all work from home which isn't my choice, and wearing masks in public. I'm just saying that people always throw out those numbers as if only a very small percentage of people are actually at a higher risk. It's nearly impossible for 1/3 of the population to avoid the other 2/3 which is why everyone should take proper precautions such as wearing masks, washing their hands, and respecting proper distance where possible. I don't say any of that to mean that football shouldn't be played as I hope that it is.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2020, 12:38 PM

Yet even with that astounding percentage of comorbidities the average age of a covid death is higher than the average life expectancy in this country.

https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/longevity/512768-americans-misperceive-the-risks-of-death-from

https://www.msn.com/en-au/health/medical/people-under-40-account-for-55-25-of-victorias-covid-cases-but-only-6-25-of-deaths/ar-BB17R2YS

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic