Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does TLAW Come Back if Season Gets Canceled?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,600

Does TLAW Come Back if Season Gets Canceled?

Aug 8, 2020, 12:35 PM

I've seen quite a few posters immediately defer to absolutely not...

BUT one of his BIGGEST INFLUENCES is Peyton Manning who...decided to play his SENIOR YEAR despite also being projected as a TOP OVERALL PICK.

I honestly think if the season were shortened or canceled he is NOT as gone as most people think.

IMO he wants to go out on top and I wouldn't be surprised if he pulled a Spiller, Wilkins, ETN whatever name we want to put to this option.

Don't get me wrong - I absolutely think the best option would be to go.

I mean...you don't get any better than a #1 pick projection...but as we saw back in the day with Peyton Manning and more recently Andrew Luck...players are going to do what they want to do.

Your thoughts?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope. Will be married and has to support that financially. Stupid to come back.***

Aug 8, 2020, 12:38 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nope. Will be married and has to support that financially. Stupid to come back.***

Aug 8, 2020, 1:50 PM

His mom and dad isn't exactly broke, and if he wants to come back for another season, I think they would back him a 100%!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope. Will be married and has to support that financially. Stupid to come back.***

Aug 8, 2020, 12:38 PM

Re: Does TLAW Come Back if Season Gets Canceled?

Aug 8, 2020, 12:53 PM

Not if he has a degree. At that point it would be time to start his career just like every other graduate.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 8, 2020, 12:55 PM

How do you say “gone” in Chinese?

Aug 8, 2020, 1:50 PM

???

Aug 8, 2020, 1:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Does TLAW Come Back if Season Gets Canceled? ]

DBrittsRKm said:

How do you say “gone” in Chinese?

G O N E ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 8, 2020, 1:21 PM

Let's see, $50 million in the hand or college football in the bush? Not a hard decision.

Aug 8, 2020, 1:46 PM

I think that he will, and keep in mind that he just made a statement stating, people are forgetting that I’ve got four years.

https://www.tigernet.com/update/Trevor-Lawrence-talks-decision-to-not-opt-out-of-season-35973

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

Aug 8, 2020, 1:48 PM

When does his fiance graduate Anderson? I wonder if that would have an impact?

Aug 9, 2020, 9:26 AM

I think that TL is confident that whenever he goes to the NFL he will make more money than he really cares about. So I think he stays and plays his third year for Clemson. After that, I think he might actually stay for year four. If he does leave after playing three seasons, one of the reasons will be to get out of the way of the upcoming QBs.

His decision may hinge on whether there's

Aug 9, 2020, 10:00 AM

A NFL season. There may be no NFL, per se, come next spring that is holding a draft. With the billions that could be lost over the next six months, it may take a year, or more, for the league to regroup. Then again, no college season...and it may take even longer for the collegiate game to renew. There's so much more unknown than known at present. Rather unsettling in a number of respects.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,600
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic